Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Summoner View Post
    Why am I indoctrinated?
    well i suppose no one that is indoctrinated knows they are
    you've been taught to forgo your own best interest and the interest of those like you
    for the sake of others, and that it is noble

but its not nobility
    it sounds more like treason
    its not your fault, we were all spoon fed egalitarianism and we all believed it when we were young

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Strip poker is best poker. And if you aren't playing said game with some people you find sexually attractive, I'm forced to ask what you are doing.

(Unless you are on the WPT).
    Back in the days when I still felt like I needed an excuse to get girls naked, instead of just asking them back to the bedroom, I prefered Sex to strip poker. And by sex, I mean when I got into a car with some girls and another friend or two, we'd explain to the girls that when you see a car with a headlight out, someone calls out "Sex!" and everyone else in the car has to take off an article of clothing. Girls would always underestimate the number of single headlight cars out there. Many naked and near naked girls in my immediate post-high school days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    so americans are racist if they want to associate with others like themselves?
    oh wait, you're just anti-white
    I generally like to be around people like me. It's why I live near the center of Houston instead of the suburbs. That doesn't mean the same race at all though. My closest friends (in Houston) are all white at the moment, but among my wider circle of people I hang out with, the majority are not the same ethnicity as I am. Even if all the people I did hang out with were white, that wouldn't make me automatically racist, but saying "I pretty much only want to be friends with white people" would.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    "I pretty much only want to be friends with white people" would.
    Not necessarily - you can still prefer to associate yourself with a certain group or race of people but treat others "equally". That does not make you a racist.

Also that word is so overused that it has completely lost any value, if someone calls me a racist - I know they're a fucking idiot and whatever they say has no value to me, so I just ignore them.

I have no connection with generation of 1994+. Sorry they just seem dumb and boring.

The cause of all of this is science and logic. Harder to fool people into believing some big judgemental being will punish them after they die for their deeds while they were on Earth. And in the past this was the major impact on how people behaved. Now, with technology and information being so readily available and people actually can make choices for themselves many are deciding that a classical idea/belief in God doesn't make much sense (requires faith really). We'd hope that they could then see what is right and wrong for themselves, but we are seeing that most people don't care about others, only care about getting themselves ahead. And if no one will judge their decisions after death - they can do anything they want. As long as they can get away with it while alive....

All of this was IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Not necessarily - you can still prefer to associate yourself with a certain group or race of people but treat others "equally". That does not make you a racist.
    Actively deciding not to associate with people of another ethnicity the way you would with your own is inherently not treating them equally.

The root of the degeneration is easily identified. Population expansion. As society gets bigger and bigger, more people get lost in the masses. So people adopt social points of view that stand out. Everyone wants to be noticed, so they advocate ideas that make other people notice them. It is as simple as that.

Basically, everyone just shouts "LOOK AT ME, I ADVOCATE BAD IDEAS, NOTICE ME!" If you stand back and objectively look at all the threads, posts, news, ideology, you will see it. Anything that goes against the norm, the entire world gets attention by trolling. Especially in more advanced societies where the kiddies have nothing that pressures them. Things like survival. You have masses of bored people who can't get noticed except by shouting out against everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    I believe it is different to think "All Asians are better than all whites" than it is to think "Asians tend to be more intellectually accomplished than whites". Of course, the whole 'poor treatment of or violence against' part is completely unrelated.

You seem to be confusing the application of statistics or prior supported beliefs with arbitrary personal opinions based on nothing but smite and hatred. There is a difference between saying "Black people are better at basketball/baseball than white people" and saying "Black people as a race are superior to white people as a race".
    You see that part I bolded? There's your problem. I can believe that hippos fart skittles all I want, doesn't mean that in reality, it's true. That definition is what it is, and by the definition yes, you're being racist by making those claims. Like I said, deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also that word is so overused that it has completely lost any value, if someone calls me a racist - I know they're a fucking idiot and whatever they say has no value to me, so I just ignore them.
    A preference over a race over another does make you racist, again, for like the tenth time. Just not as racist as a Klan member like some of you claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I dunno man, living in Glasgow and in the country I've found that people are very social, I even had a conversation on a subway last week. Might just depend on who you are as a person, or the area that you live in.
    I found it very easy to meet and talk with strangers in Scotland. Not quite as easy as Australia or Latin America, but still easy. Of course that may have been because I'm American and look/sound American.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Actively deciding not to associate with people of another ethnicity the way you would with your own is inherently not treating them equally.
    I do not believe any religion so I do not associate myself with religious people or groups, that does not mean I view people who believe in various faiths as inferior - I just do not want to spend my time with them.

Same goes for people of different ethnicity, their world views and customs often collide with mine - hence it's easier to associate myself with people who share my views. That does not mean I think they are somehow inferior.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not believe any religion so I do not associate myself with religious people or groups, that does not mean I view people who believe in various faiths as inferior - I just do not want to spend my time with them.
    Religion is a belief system, an activity, and a way of interacting with the world. If you don't like spending time with a religious person because they're saying things you dislike, behaving in ways you dislike, etc. then you're making a personal judgment about a person. If you decide you don't want to spend time with anyone of X religion because they're a member of the religion, then yes, I'd say that you're treating them unequally.

I'm not religious either, btw.

Same goes for people of different ethnicity, their world views and customs often collide with mine - hence it's easier to associate myself with people who share my views. That does not mean I think they are somehow inferior.
    A person's skin color and facial features have nothing to do with world views and customs. My world views and customs differ wildly from a lot of other White Americans, for example, and I share world views and customs with several Latin Americans and African Americans in my social circle.

Yes, it does, because you're implying that the views opposite of yours or not yours do not have meaning to you or are irrelevant, you're putting them a step lower than your views, aka inferior. You don't have to be a full blown racist to be racist, you can be a wincy bit racist, which, most if not ALL people are in some sense. When someone tells me they're not racist, at all, I think that's a load of horse shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    For this being a topic about how "those darn young people are so unsocial!", I have to say I rarely get any older folks trying to start a conversation with me. You can't dump the responsibility of being social on one side.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.