Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The nerf doesn't really bother me. The way I'm farming coins it's probably more of a boon actually since if someone does kill me I'm probably going to swap to an alt for an hour or two or just log off for a while as there's not much else to do until WoD on a non-raid night. Currently adding people to my btag that are interested in me trading gold for their coins so I'll eventually just have to make a btag announcement about where on the island I'll be if they want to get paid. Win/Win

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Can anyone test what level player has to be to grant bloody coin while having Censer? With oath you need to kill Lv. 90, just killed 85 (from my 2nd account) with censer on and it didnt award me.
    Censur is 90-only. Unknown if its equal-lvl, or it starts at 90 (Thus, past 90, you can still use at 100 and kill 90 for coin). However, it gives a coin upon killing blow.

Oath is... Unknown atm. Some people report farming lvl 1 alts en-mass and getting hundred of coins/hour. Others report killing the same lvl 1 over and over again for an hour without a coin. The only for sure thing people know about it is that you do NOT get a guaranteed coin per kill, it seems to be one coin per 3-10 kills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Censur is 90-only. Unknown if its equal-lvl, or it starts at 90 (Thus, past 90, you can still use at 100 and kill 90 for coin). However, it gives a coin upon killing blow.

Oath is... Unknown atm. Some people report farming lvl 1 alts en-mass and getting hundred of coins/hour. Others report killing the same lvl 1 over and over again for an hour without a coin. The only for sure thing people know about it is that you do NOT get a guaranteed coin per kill, it seems to be one coin per 3-10 kills.
    I was testing oath out earlier. Either I had a really bad luck streak or it only works on honorable kills: was farming a friend's crappy 90 opposite faction alt for 30 minutes I never got a coin from them. I attributed this to them having done Rez sickness to spawn faster and thus not count as an honorable kill.

We went the rez sickness route since we quickly hit the 2 minute rez timer after 5 kills and no coins.

The level 1 thing no longer works. There's a tweet by Holinka that mentions that it was hotfixed recently.

Deleted
    so much more fun facing premade BG groups all with fire watchers oath on :\ just GY camping for 20mins

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...16?page=26#502

100% proc rate now Not much reason to censer except for the world pvp angle lol

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...16?page=26#502

100% proc rate now Not much reason to censer except for the world pvp angle lol
    Its a very good change and how it should have been when it came out. Still some classes have a harder time getting killing blows but its still much better than it was before.

Yay! A pity I will be raiding now, or else I'd be PvP'ing like crazy!
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2014-06-16 at 11:57 PM.

Ehh, they're going to have to get rid of the cooldown on oath altogether, or reduce it to 1-2 minutes, otherwise, it's not great for anyone except rogues and ferals.

Did some testing with Fire Watcher's Oath based off today's hotfixes:

1. If you use Censer + Fire Watcher's Oath on the Timeless Isle you will get 2 coins per Killing Blow. However. you will not get further coins from Sacrificed to Ordos characters (I believe this to be due to having Censer active). Need someone to confirm whether FWO alone can grant coins even if the Sacrificed to Ordos debuff is on a player.

2. Fire Watcher's Oath Bloody Coins are awarded even if the target is considered honorless. The target must still be level 90 to award a coin.

3. Unless the ICD is less than 3 seconds then I'm fairly confident saying there is no ICD anymore.

So, in short, have fun with Fire Watcher's Oath if you prefer BGs to the Timeless Isla.

Way to kill off a mechanic that encouraged world pvp. Happy gy camping in bgs everyone!

*facepalm*

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Kind of a lame change, theres going to be some tryhards in bgs now lol
    doesn't matter to me I have all ahcieves huhuh

10+ Year Old Account
    While I for one and many others welcome this change that Blizzard has done for those who want the mount/title asap (Those who dislike PvP for example) there are easier ways to get coins still. While in a BG you have a 100% coin rate per kill there is the chance that you die and lose the buff producing little coins that game, below are currently ways that allow you to get coins at a MUCH faster rate than before the Censer/Oath changes and now.

1. Two Horde can farm coins using Gurubashi arena, the Oather stands inside while the other strips, dies, takes resurrection sickness and flies back to Oather. That translates to roughly 1 coin per 20 seconds (may be 10-15 seconds), unless you are doing that in a BG it is a lot faster and produces better results.

2. If you have a friend with a level 90 and GY farm them you can get 1 coin per 7-10 seconds. If that 90 say Alliance is on another server you can have them invited to your server or you go to their server, whoever invites only has to be 90 and doesn't even have to remain online.

Both methods allow people to farm coins at an incredible rate far surpassing what people did on the Isle with the Censer and what people are now doing with the Oath. My only suggestion is making the Oath have a 10-30% drop rate outside of BGs but maintaining a 100% buff while in a BG. An example, a friend of mine was able to go from 500 coins to 2000 coins in about 4 hours 30 minutes using the second method. I just think the change should be made so BGs maintain 100% drop rates while outside of BGs is a 10-30% drop rate, I understand this would potentially finish off world pvp but the fact is after the censer change most world pvp is dead, at least in my opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That kind of behavior would exist regardless of the censer buff. An enemy from the other faction could just as easily GY camp you. And if you're on a PvP server and "expected" to not PvP because you just so lucked into having your faction be the dominant one numbers-wise, well... rue on you.
    The difference is you're killing your own faction. With the candle now you kill the opposing faction which is PVP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Way to kill off a mechanic that encouraged world pvp. Happy gy camping in bgs everyone!

*facepalm*
    World pvp hasn't changed a bit. It's just as nonexistent as it was yesterday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post

*facepalm*

yep, basically every BG i join now has a group on enemy team that just GY farms with coin buff on, its so much more fun being farmed in bgs than it is being killed once every 10mins on timeless isle...

blizzard fixed timeless isle but made BGs 100x worse, hope they remove the item from BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    yep, basically every BG i join now has a group on enemy team that just GY farms with coin buff on, its so much more fun being farmed in bgs than it is being killed once every 10mins on timeless isle...

blizzard fixed timeless isle but made BGs 100x worse, hope they remove the item from BGs.
    1) Get a group.
    2) Focus fire the guys with the buff so they will lose the buff.
    3) ????
    4) Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post

Just how bad are you? You were in the other thread moaning that you lost 10AV as horde today (hint: blacklist it as horde)

Now you are magically being GY camped by coin farmers.

I've done a lot of bg's the past 3 days for coins and not seen one GY camp from either faction. You exaggerate too much / think your bad experience = everyone elses.

I've been coin farming in BGs for the last few days as well (since before the hotfix actually. I've got around 10 coins in 3 days before the hotfix, and 70 coins in 2 days after it. Awesome hotfix! ). Don't see anything bad, except that sometimes the other team seem to focus entirely on me just so I die and lose the buff, lol.

Sometimes we do graveyard camping yes, but that only happens when the other team is obviously terrible, because it's not only the coin farmers doing the camping, but the whole group, which means the battle is very one-sided anyway.

I've also not seen any huge influx of coin farmers. I think the BG that had the most numbered 3 people with the buff: me, a rogue on my team and a rogue on the opposite team.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Just how bad are you? You were in the other thread moaning that you lost 10AV as horde today (hint: blacklist it as horde)

Now you are magically being GY camped by coin farmers.

I've done a lot of bg's the past 3 days for coins and not seen one GY camp from either faction. You exaggerate too much / think your bad experience = everyone elses.
    its done alot in wsg thats the only bg ive seen it but its possible infact ivts very common in there
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2014-06-23 at 11:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a note- Oath has been hotfixed to apply the Sacrificed debuff to killed targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Just a note- Oath has been hotfixed to apply the Sacrificed debuff to killed targets.
    Even in BGs? If so, that sucks. Thankfully I've got the mount already.