Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    No, no. The gun is obviously always the problem. The person is just the method through which that problem materializes. Saying that it's not the gun that's the problem but the person is like claiming nuclear weapons aren't a problem, only those who use them. Of course nuclear weapons are a problem. And so are guns. And just like with guns, nuclear weapons are only used by the craziest among us, who then make the problem materialize.

"Not a problem in Switzerland", yet "someone might come out the house and start shooting." That's the definition of a problem. Of course your country has a problem.

I think my country has a problem, as well. Do you have a point, other than guns are problematic in every country which allows them?
    There's also the possibility that someone grabs a car and runs over people, there's also a possibility that a guy comes out of the house with a knife and starts stabbing people.

Does this happen every day in my country? Nope. Is there a risk that it might happen? Yes, just like everything out there!

Is it sensible to restrict the rights of hundreds of thousands of gun owners in Switzerland that never committed a crime because one of them might do something bad? Nope. Because if we go through that route, who knows where it will end.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I really hope you see the irony in this, considering your foreign policy consists of charging in screaming with guns waving your penis about like you're the best thing on earth. If you don't realise how dumb it is, then you've just reinforced a different negative american stereotype.
    Things were working pretty good in America before the rest of the world dragged us out of our moderately isolationist policy. Now you get to deal with what you asked for.....Fine you go police the world. Who is going to fill the vacuum? Russia? China? Have fun with that shit.

I guess the nuclear proliferation that Iran will probably take part in doesn't concern you either. If they do acquire nuclear weapons and are threatening to use them who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters? No, you're going to look to America to sacrifice its soldiers lives for YOUR security.
    Last edited by Titan2k10; 2014-06-11 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    Things were working pretty good in America before the rest of the world dragged us out of our moderately isolationist policy. Now you get to deal with what you asked for.....Fine you go police the world. Who is going to fill the vacuum? Russia? China? Have fun with that shit.
    How about UN police the world and not 1 fucking country?
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    America should just straight up enforce a BAN on guns unless you're some sort of authority figure in the community. You don't need a gun, you never have. It's like the US is living in the old 'gun' days while trying to enforce newer things on their society.

If safety is really an issue, then the government needs to do more to ensure safety. However, let's face it - there would be a lot less gun incidents if they did ban & take away guns from the citizens that don't require one. This obviously results in more safety for the country.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. Banning guns will do absolutely nothing for the majority of gun incidents. You know why? Because the majority are perpetrated by people that ILLEGALLY own guns. That means there is NO WAY to track them or find out who has them. Pull your head from your ass. A Ban on guns would take guns away from law abiding citizens. Since when have criminals obeyed the law?

Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    How about UN police the world and not 1 fucking country?
    Fine the US no longer provides forces to the UN. Then fucking what? Iran gains nukes then fucking what? You can't look to America. You look to Russia or China? Damn good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginantonicus View Post
    I don't see the issue about just guns, but the way America thinks. I think that the US is able to answer a question in a way that makes no sense to anyone else other that the US (In this case the right to bear arms being in place to over throw the government should the need arise). For instance A study was done into the amount your spine moves while on a spine board (immobilization device) wile being removed from car through the vehicle doorway compared to letting the person walk out themselves. It was found that yore spine moved less if you walked out yourselves so the Americans then said "If at all possible let the person leave the car by themselves". Where as the rest of the world said "Try not to carry someone out through the side of the vehicle".
    The Amendment is not there to overthrow the government...it is in place to keep the government from trying to become like old England (Ya know? A King/Dictator).

10+ Year Old Account
    We have an official gun control discussion thread here. Please keep discussion on the topic there, thanks.