Page 32 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    They let people play a 40-60 minute demo with all the NPCs removed... You don't have to watch it.
    which was also only 1% of the game.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    which was also only 1% of the game.
    I think the boundaries of what we saw is only 2% of the entire map, so the size of the world is 50 times larger than what we've seen, right? I can't remember if the boundary was 1% or 2% of the game.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    I think the boundaries of what we saw is only 2% of the entire map, so the size of the world is 50 times larger than what we've seen, right? I can't remember if the boundary was 1% or 2% of the game.
    some said 1 some said 2. i think with all the npcs and towns that were removed it probably be like 2%
    either way ghats a shit ton of playtime considering they spent what 6 hours in just that small area fighting mobs and doing shrines? we know theres atleast 100 shrines each made by a different nintendo dev and rumours that theres 4 - 5 dungeons
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Did they really do a whole Lets Play of this game at E3? Hardly makes me want to buy it now. It lost a lot of the allure a new adventure brings.
    We didn't even see a main dungeon, town, or NPC.

Basically saw the early part of the world and a few shrines you can access in the early game.

"whole let's play" lol. Game isn't even close to being finished being developed let alone it being played in entirety.

10+ Year Old Account
    some said 1 some said 2. i think with all the npcs and towns that were removed it probably be like 2%
    either way ghats a shit ton of playtime considering they spent what 6 hours in just that small area fighting mobs and doing shrines? we know theres atleast 100 shrines each made by a different nintendo dev and rumours that theres 4 - 5 dungeons
    4-5 dungeons would be sad when there is such a huge world. Should be at least 12.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    4-5 dungeons would be sad when there is such a huge world. Should be at least 12.
    we have no idea how large the dungeons are. 100 shrines and 5 dungeons is plenty for me especially since there plenty of other content besides those

10+ Year Old Account
    we have no idea how large the dungeons are. 100 shrines and 5 dungeons is plenty for me especially since there plenty of other content besides those
    I hope they are not as annoying as the MM ones. So many terrible memories trying too navigate those dungeons and finding fairies all under a time limit.

If shrines are all unique then I guess I would be happy. Fire, Ice, Forest, and other themes should be a big part of them.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    I hope they are not as annoying as the MM ones. So many terrible memories trying too navigate those dungeons and finding fairies all under a time limit.

If shrines are all unique then I guess I would be happy. Fire, Ice, Forest, and other themes should be a big part of them.
    The shrines were really cool. They all had different puzzles to solve, and granted some were not as hard to figure out, and there were some that were a little more difficult. Really made me want to try my hand at solving them and do it my way

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/...llion-in-sales

A little bit of info about the game from Miyamoto during the Investor's Meeting.

The game has been in development for 5 years.

Over 300 people have worked on the project with 100 currently working on it.

Only needs to sell 2 million copies worldwide to break even.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/...llion-in-sales

A little bit of info about the game from Miyamoto during the Investor's Meeting.

The game has been in development for 5 years.

Over 300 people have worked on the project with 100 currently working on it.

So 20% (Well assuming 10 million Wii U's, but it may be more like 15 now) of current Wii U owners need to pick it up, or maybe less than that if people pick up the new console with it.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    If this is true, there is almost no way this won't be a success. It will probably sell 2M on the WiiU alone not to mention anyone who gets it for NX.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    If this is true, there is almost no way this won't be a success. It will probably sell 2M on the WiiU alone not to mention anyone who gets it for NX.
    Makes you wonder what they've been paying their 500 employees. 60 dollars x 2,000,000 = 120,000,000. 120,000,000 / 500 employees is about 240,000 dollars each. I'm assuming their salaries are not that high, as the flaw in this math is that all 60 dollars of the game price goes to nintendo, when it's most likely only 35% of the price that is going to nintendo's bottom line. So, let's try the math again.

21 dollars x 2,000,000 = 42,000,000. 42,000,000 / 500 employees = 84,000. Not too shabby to be a Nintendo Employee!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    21 dollars x 2,000,000 = 42,000,000. 42,000,000 / 500 employees = 84,000. Not too shabby to be a Nintendo Employee!
    I'm assuming the 500 people count contracted work or people just 'helping out'. I'd also imagine that many of them are lower paid assets. All in all, I can't even begin to speak to Japanese pay ranges but I'd imagine that working for Nintendo is miles better than being a salaryman.

I'm also guessing their break even number includes advertising, which they have budgeted for but not done yet.

In any case, this game has nowhere to go but up and it wouldn't be surprising to become the highest selling (initial) Zelda game ever. Likely every person that has played Zelda will buy this, but traditional RPG people who have never played Zelda may pick this up as well. You never know, but it has vast potential.
    BAD WOLF

So 20% (Well assuming 10 million Wii U's, but it may be more like 15 now) of current Wii U owners need to pick it up, or maybe less than that if people pick up the new console with it.
    It will sell over 2 mil on the Wii U alone and NX numbers will be icing on the cake. TP did over 2 mil on the gamecube even after being delayed a month after the Wii. Splatoon, MK8, 3DW, NSMBU and Smash are all well over 2 mil so wouldn't be ground breaking for a Wii U game to sell that either.

since the shrines were from my understanding mostly made by guest devs from other departments even a couple from other companies (i may be misremembering but im pretty sure during e3 one of them said a capcom dev and square dev both made a shrine although this may be a fever dream since i was sick during e3)

so i reckon a large number of the people who "worked" on breath just kind of, came, did a shrine or something and left. which is a really cool idea for an open world game since one of the main issues of open world games is how after awhile, especially with the bigger ones. variety starts to grow stale and you dont see as many new things, just old things in new ways outside of major places.

Makes you wonder what they've been paying their 500 employees. 60 dollars x 2,000,000 = 120,000,000. 120,000,000 / 500 employees is about 240,000 dollars each. I'm assuming their salaries are not that high, as the flaw in this math is that all 60 dollars of the game price goes to nintendo, when it's most likely only 35% of the price that is going to nintendo's bottom line. So, let's try the math again.

$84,000 for five years of work? Pretty shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    $84,000 for five years of work? Pretty shabby.
    Actually you're right, I didn't even think to divide it by the years in development. That being said, I'm assuming they all had other projects they've been working on, and this is just their portion of working on Zelda. I believe many of them (the 400 who are not working on it now) worked for shorter periods of time, so likely they only worked for 1 year or less)

Here is a recent post regarding the map size: https://www.vg247.com/2016/07/05/leg...wild-map-size/

"the map available in the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild demo takes about 3:40 to walk across. This map makes up a 2×2 block of a 22×18 grid over the greyed-out map viewable in the demo, it looks like it would take about 40 minutes to walk across the game world from north to south and about 33 minutes to walk from east to west – if you were able to just trek straight across, which is unlikely due to environmental obstacles. Of course, that might not be the whole thing; there might be a shadow realm or something, too."

So it'll take roughly 2 hours to walk across the entire total map if it's 12x the size of Twilight princess
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Size doesn't matter. What matters is the content and I think that will ultimately hinge on the quality of the 100 shrines and how well they are distributed. Because from all the demos I saw, the actual world seems to just be populated with enemy camps that you clear for some hearts or arrows. A pretty lame reward overall, but if the shrines are engrossing, then it could provide a good balance. Finish a shrine and then explore a bit and clear some camps to cleanse your palate and stock back up on arrows and such.

We'll see how it goes. I just hope they don't include a bunch of stupid fetch quests because that would be a giant pain in the ass with such a big world.