Page 33 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Size doesn't matter. What matters is the content and I think that will ultimately hinge on the quality of the 100 shrines and how well they are distributed. Because from all the demos I saw, the actual world seems to just be populated with enemy camps that you clear for some hearts or arrows. A pretty lame reward overall, but if the shrines are engrossing, then it could provide a good balance. Finish a shrine and then explore a bit and clear some camps to cleanse your palate and stock back up on arrows and such.

We'll see how it goes. I just hope they don't include a bunch of stupid fetch quests because that would be a giant pain in the ass with such a big world.
    The reason why the "actual world" appeared to be that way was because all of the NPC characters and even villages were removed from the demo.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

yeah, 100 shrines, a couple dungeons, all the story quests and side quests from the npcs, plus all the mini boss guardian thingies thats alot of content. not to mention you need to somewhat micromanage your supplies which will slightly increase the time all of that stuff takes
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's surprising that people think the game will be that barren with just enemy camps and shrines. Just knowing Nintendo, this won't be the case. As for actual evidence, I think they said they abstained from showing any villages to avoid spoiling things too much. The world will be big and I'm sure that there will be some plain, boring areas with just camps and shrines, but there's a lot more to the game than what was shown in these brief demos. From what I remember hearing, the actual temple/dungeon count is pretty small compared to the previous games (but if you think about it, Skyward Sword was kind of small too since you revisited half the places if I remember correctly), but I'll certainly take quality over quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I think it's surprising that people think the game will be that barren with just enemy camps and shrines. Just knowing Nintendo, this won't be the case. As for actual evidence, I think they said they abstained from showing any villages to avoid spoiling things too much. The world will be big and I'm sure that there will be some plain, boring areas with just camps and shrines, but there's a lot more to the game than what was shown in these brief demos. From what I remember hearing, the actual temple/dungeon count is pretty small compared to the previous games (but if you think about it, Skyward Sword was kind of small too since you revisited half the places if I remember correctly), but I'll certainly take quality over quantity.
    hell even if it were just barren it still looks like a blast. more shit to do than in minecraft and all those survival games people play
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Gorgeous is all I could say. Love the open world.

https://www.nintendo.de/News/Events/...7481.html#Zeld

Nintendo of Germany announced that Breath of the Wild will not be publicly playable at Gamescom. Instead there will be a fan contest where people send in a pictures of something Zelda related (cosplay, collecting, drawing) and 50 people will get to play it in a special section.

Also, the winners of Gamescom's Nintendo tournaments will get to play it as well.

I was trying to embed this video, but it seems I can't. Anyways, flyover of the damaged Temple of Time.

https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo/vi...9827307768388/

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel this game is actually innovative, unlike SS or TP(Wii).

This game feels very fresh and new, it has new ways to tackle obstacles, solve puzzles, and defeat enemies, while at the same time it manages to use modern approaches to the genre in grounded and proven ways (the item system, cooking system, survival, etc)

Meanwhile SS or TP(Wii) were not that different from OoT, MM, or WW. THe difference was the way you physically did the same objectives, not how you did objectives. BOTW seems to be taking a true innovative approach by changing and possibly improving (people love the demo) the way the game is actually played ingame.

I am reasonably hyped for this game, and I hope Nintendo sees innovation as something you use to add to games in the game world, rather than outside the game world.

https://twitter.com/GameXplain/statu...53588864933893

GameXplain's analysis will be out tomorrow at 6 am PDT.

- - - Updated - - -

New videos from the ajapanese website:

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like the NX version.

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, might still be footage from the Wii U.

Last edited by johnhoftb; 2016-12-02 at 02:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wild (ha) theory. That is in fact Zelda in the new trailer...and she's playable somehow. Clothes look a bit too similar to Link to be 'royal' looking. And he's looking tired and defeated at the end and she clenches her fist like shes determined and ready to help or such. It's crazy for sure but how cool would that be if you could switch to her at points in the game? People have been clamoring for it, maybe they finally did it?

Edit: upon further watching we see what appears to be the girl twice but the one at the end is actually in more royal looking clothes, maybe thats her breaking point that she decides to do something and switches to the clothing more appropriate for the task which we see earlier in the trailer (0:51ish).
    Last edited by OGXanos; 2016-12-02 at 05:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be interesting if they did something similar to OoT with two different time periods the game actually takes place in, the ruined world Link awakes in and also the one he originally was put into stasis in (assuming that's where he is from), the twist being, instead of Young and Adult Link, its Link and Zelda that are playable in two different eras. I could see the parts with Zelda in the pre-ruin era kind of being like flashbacks that the game will switch to and leads up to why Link was put in stasis in the first place and giving hints at the threat that the world faces. (assuming the plot has anything at all to do with anything like that) I could still see it working in continuation with the theory of this being connected to Wind Waker's world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Would be interesting if they did something similar to OoT with two different time periods the game actually takes place in, the ruined world Link awakes in and also the one he originally was put into stasis in (assuming that's where he is from), the twist being, instead of Young and Adult Link, its Link and Zelda that are playable in two different eras. I could see the parts with Zelda in the pre-ruin era kind of being like flashbacks that the game will switch to and leads up to why Link was put in stasis in the first place and giving hints at the threat that the world faces. (assuming the plot has anything at all to do with anything like that) I could still see it working in continuation with the theory of this being connected to Wind Waker's world.
    Sold. Give me this.

10+ Year Old Account
    As with any open world game, I am cautiously optimistic, but that trailer made me genuinely excited.

Bird people, koroks. This is definitely a wind waker sequel ir prequel

http://nintendo.tumblr.com/post/1539...ary-amiibo-are

Zelda 30th anniversary amiibo and what they do in Breath of the Wild.

• All of them may rarely summon a random chest with a rare item.
    • 8-bit Link will summon several barrels.
    • OoT Link will summon a random amount of meat.
    • Toon Link will summon a random amount of fish.
    • Toon Zelda will summon a random amount of plants.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Also,

HYRULEAN COLLIES

10+ Year Old Account
    Would have been sweet if the amiibos unlocked alternate costumes for Link based on each figure. Would have been orgasmic to have him look like the original NES Link design in 3D in a new open-world successor.