Page 11 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    At this rate they might as well make it for a new system, the Wii U for all intents and purposes, is done. Sure, they might get a few more games out this year but they really need to bite the bullet and get a console on the market that has the developer and player appeal to sell well, then get a next gen Zelda game out. Odds are it's going to be too ambitious for the current system.
    The Wii U will be alive and well in 2016. Nintendo has already settled in for the long haul on it, otherwise games like Splatoon and Yoshi would not be coming out on the system.

Holiday 2017 is the earliest I would expect a home console to come out from Nintendo. Zelda will long be finished by then and out a year before that MINIMUM.

Also if you watch the delay video it is referenced to as "Zelda for WII U" multiple times /facepalm to anyone thinking the development is moving to another platform. If they where even considering it, they would have changed that really damn quick to "The next Legend of Zelda".

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The Wii U will be alive and well in 2016. Nintendo has already settled in for the long haul on it, otherwise games like Splatoon and Yoshi would not be coming out on the system.

Holiday 2017 is the earliest I would expect a home console to come out from Nintendo. Zelda will long be finished by then and out a year before that MINIMUM.

Also if you watch the delay video it is referenced to as "Zelda for WII U" multiple times /facepalm to anyone thinking the development is moving to another platform. If they where even considering it, they would have changed that really damn quick to "The next Legend of Zelda".
    I sure did enjoy playing Killer Instinct 1 on the Ultra 64....

Also, have you ever considered they may make it for BOTH systems? You know - just like they did for Twilight Princess? ((does anybody remember that it was a GC game, but was released first as a Wii launch title to drive sales?))

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I sure did enjoy playing Killer Instinct 1 on the Ultra 64....

Also, have you ever considered they may make it for BOTH systems? You know - just like they did for Twilight Princess? ((does anybody remember that it was a GC game, but was released first as a Wii launch title to drive sales?))
    Have you considered the fact the game will be out a year before a new home console is?

Did they launch the Wii U with Skyward Sword which came out a year before it?

Did I not already cover this garbage?

They only way they would even port it is if the next console has no BC, and they felt there was sales there. Then they are going full Sony/MS mode and remastering all of their last gen games /yay for anyone who wants that.

Let's recap, Zelda will be out in 2016. Iwata isn't 100% sure they can even discuss what NX is in 2016. That means there is no new nintendo hardware in 2016(if NX is even a home console).

Zelda isn't going to be delayed to 2017.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2015-03-29 at 06:02 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is already financial suicide to not have a game releasing by the holidays of this year when your platform is floundering and in dire need of a big system seller.

Guess I wont have a need to get a Wii U any time soon
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

At this rate they might as well make it for a new system, the Wii U for all intents and purposes, is done. Sure, they might get a few more games out this year but they really need to bite the bullet and get a console on the market that has the developer and player appeal to sell well, then get a next gen Zelda game out. Odds are it's going to be too ambitious for the current system.
    The irony here is...the WiiU has more (and better) exclusives than Xbox One and PS4. It's just the WiiU didn't move many units due to people confusing it as an addon to the regular Wii (still don't understand how...but Human Stupidity knows no bounds).

But many of the Xbox One and PS4 EXCLUSIVES (not talking about multiplatform titles here) have been...pretty lame. For example: Master Chief Collections online is a mess, and The Order 1886 is a $60 movie that has a button prompt now and then.

Then you look at the WiiU's exclusive lineup:
    Mario Kart 8
    Super Smash Bros
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Somewhat multiplatform, since it's also on a handheld. But still NINTENDO exclusive)
    Bayonetta 2
    Super Mario 3D World
    Pikmin 3
    Hyrule Warriors

Just to name a few...all exclusives and all really fun.
    Last edited by Keile; 2015-03-29 at 01:26 PM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is already financial suicide to not have a game releasing by the holidays of this year when your platform is floundering and in dire need of a big system seller.

What info are you basing this on? If the Wii U is floundering how do you think XboX is doing?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    at least... *sniff sniff*

they will still have star fox..... PERSONALLY I PREFER THE AIR!
    I can't let you do that GennGreymane.
    Hey everyone

Oh yea? You know this based off what?

Super Mario 3D World was unveiled at e3 2013 and launched that same holiday season. You keep assuming Nintendo doesn't have a big november release when I gaurantee you they do.

Let's recap:

2006: Twilight Princess
    2007: Super Mario Galaxy
    2008: Animal Crossing City Folk
    2009: New Super Mario Bros Wii
    2010: Donkey Kong Country Returns(This was debuted and released within months too to make up for the Skyward Sword delay, ring a bell?)
    2011: Skyward Sword
    2012: New Super Mario Bros U
    2013: Super Mario 3D World
    2014: Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Even if I go back through the gamecube gen I can't even think of the last time Nintendo didn't have a major holiday release on their home console, and some of those where pulled out of their ass to *shocker* fill the void of a delayed game.

Also, in need of a big system seller lol... Mario Kart and Smash Bros both destroy Zelda in sales usually. Animal Crossing can pull Zelda numbers, as could various other IPs like another Mario 3D World or Galaxy game etc. Zelda isn't the GTA of the nintendo IPs, the biggest sellers have already came out.

So yes, if you think Nintendo is going into November without a major release I have a bridge I can sell you...

In a video statement released recently, Aonuma said that they are no longer making a 2015 release of “The Legend of Zelda” on Wii U their top priority. Instead, their focus now is to make the most complete and best “The Legend of Zelda” game ever.

http://masterherald.com/the-legend-o...roducer/27659/

Now that the action-adventure game “The Legend of Zelda” on Wii U is unlikely to be released this year, game producer Eiji Aonuma said that Nintendo would just make up for it by rewarding gamers for their long wait and patience.
    I hope it releases next year... supposedly it could be as late as 2017...
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    The irony here is...the WiiU has more (and better) exclusives than Xbox One and PS4. It's just the WiiU didn't move many units due to people confusing it as an addon to the regular Wii (still don't understand how...but Human Stupidity knows no bounds).

But many of the Xbox One and PS4 EXCLUSIVES (not talking about multiplatform titles here) have been...pretty lame. For example: Master Chief Collections online is a mess, and The Order 1886 is a $60 movie that has a button prompt now and then.

Then you look at the WiiU's exclusive lineup:
    Mario Kart 8
    Super Smash Bros
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Somewhat multiplatform, since it's also on a handheld. But still NINTENDO exclusive)
    Bayonetta 2
    Super Mario 3D World
    Pikmin 3
    Hyrule Warriors

Just to name a few...all exclusives and all really fun.
    Don't forget Splatoon and Mario Maker, both of which are moving consoles as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Don't forget Splatoon and Mario Maker, both of which are moving consoles as well.
    Mario Maker has sold well enough in Japan alone to push the WiiU to the #2 selling console in that country (which is a huge feat, since Sony is huge there).

The #1 slot? The 3DS.

This is the first time the WiiU has sold as many units in a given period of time as it currently is.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Well, that post *was* made before either of those two games launched, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Well, that post *was* made before either of those two games launched, after all.
    True true. I kind of had to resurrect the thread with the unfortunate news updates that were out yesterday.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

According to Aonuma, Zelda Wii U is going to be big. How big? The size of Kyoto. Not the city, the region. Which is double the size of Xenoblade Chronicles X, which is already big.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/21207-le...rim-rumor.html

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    According to Aonuma, Zelda Wii U is going to be big. How big? The size of Kyoto. Not the city, the region. Which is double the size of Xenoblade Chronicles X, which is already big.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/21207-le...rim-rumor.html
    That boils down to... (in comparison)

22x Skyrim (around 14.3 square miles)
    10x Grand Theft Auto V (around 31 square miles)
    6x The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (around 52 square miles)
    That's rather misleading though; the new game is absolutely not going to be that big and remain as detailed all the way through. If it really is going to be this big, then it's probably going to be something along the lines of SotC, where the vast majority of the world is uninhabited and filled with little detail, only serving as a large setting for the important pieces such as towns and quests to take place in as opposed to the typical design style of having a story with a detailed setting built around it.

10+ Year Old Account

Nintendo is getting schooled by a small team.

Pretty sure this is a last minute ditch money grab (since it's also bundled with an amiibo) to fill the void before zelda U because it sure as hell doesn't look like time was given on it.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

That looks like garbage even compared to the original TP which was one of the hardest on the eyes games I ever played...

Jesus christ you actually think this looks good?

Not that TPHD looks good either, but like I said TP was UGLY AS SIN and there is only so much you can do to it by upping resolutions and putting in higher quality textures.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    That looks like garbage even compared to the original TP which was one of the hardest on the eyes games I ever played...

Jesus christ you actually think this looks good?

Not that TPHD looks good either, but like I said TP was UGLY AS SIN and there is only so much you can do to it by upping resolutions and putting in higher quality textures.
    TP was also hands down one of the worst in the series.

Oracle games remake pls not this shit.