Deleted

My budget has gone through the roof; Help me!

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/pKvjNG So that's the PC i've managed to come up with through the help of others, (It's actually like 890£ but PCpartpicker says the OS is 3£, it's 82£)
    I will only be running WoW on it and hope to run WoW on ultra in 20man mythics/25man Heroics. I don't know jack all about computers (overclocking,what ram is , what ghz is etc) But i've heard I need an SDD to speed loading screens up a lot.
    I don't want to drop stuff that will jeopardise my WoW FPS at all, can anyone tell me what I can afford to change without any FPS change? Or am I basically as low as I can go?

With this PC what FPS can I expect to get in:
    Open World situations
    25man Raiding
    10man Raiding

10+ Year Old Account
    What is your actual budget? It's hard to work with simply "less".

In the meantime, moving this to the build/upgrade subforum
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

WoW is pretty much CPU dependant, so a super powerful GPU will not have as much of an impact as a strong CPU.

That said, the CPU you have is plenty powerful. I believe Broadwell will be out before WoD ships (I could be wrong) and Broadwell CPUs should improve upon Haswell.

As for the FPS you can expect.. What resolution do you game at? Ultra settings i take it?

Deleted
    My budget was like 150£ less, yes will be running Ultra.
    I only need a rig for playing WoW wont be doing anyything else on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimiane View Post
    My budget was like 150£ less, yes will be running Ultra.
    I only need a rig for playing WoW wont be doing anyything else on it.
    You can remove the SSD and save £55. Sdd's are nice to have, sure, but it's still a luxury item, if you're on a budget like you are. You'll get faster loading screens, sure, but it won't affect you FPS in any way, shape or form.

Also, do you plan on overclocking? I see you've picked a K series cpu, but just checking whether you're planning to overclock or not. If not, you could save money on the motherboard and cpu also.

Deleted
    You can get the WIndows 8.1 here for £70.54

http://www.cclonline.com/product/115...D-OEM/SFT0434/

With below build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£155.99 @ Aria PC)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£25.24 @ CCL Computers)
    Motherboard: MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£58.35 @ Ebuyer)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£59.91 @ Ebuyer)
    Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£48.72 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£35.99 @ Aria PC)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Dual-X Video Card (£129.00 @ Amazon UK)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (£38.65 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£36.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Monitor: ViewSonic VX2370Smh-LED 23.0" Monitor (£129.98 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £718.82
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-11 14:34 BST+0100)

Should be right around £790 with Windows 8.1

Little bit weaker GPU but for WoW nothing too major of a change.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're not really comfortable paying the £790 that I reduced it to, then go with the following instead:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor (£137.99 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: MSI H97M-E35 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£59.63 @ CCL Computers)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£59.91 @ Ebuyer)
    Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£48.72 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£35.99 @ Aria PC)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Dual-X Video Card (£129.00 @ Amazon UK)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (£38.65 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£36.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Monitor: ViewSonic VX2370Smh-LED 23.0" Monitor (£129.98 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £676.86
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-11 14:38 BST+0100)

+ Windows 8

You lock yourself out of potential performance in the future with a locked CPU but you're saving some money and still getting a good performing system.

Deleted
    Hey again Nottarget, I don't want to lock myself out of future changes so guess I'll avoid the second one. I wont overclock as I doubt I'll need that for WoW will I?
    Slightly weaker GPU , what will that do? How much will it affect WoW?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey again Nottarget, I don't want to lock myself out of future changes so guess I'll avoid the second one. I wont overclock as I doubt I'll need that for WoW will I?
    Not overclocking will have a bigger performance hit than a weaker GPU.

If you can afford that CPU, you pretty want to overclock, especially with wow.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    How does Overclocking work/what exactly will it do? WIll targets first one let me overclock?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What he means by locking yourself out of future changes is the ability to overclock. If you buy the first one, you'll have the option to do so if you ever feel the desire. WoW does see a small increase in 25mans and Major Cities with overclocking because of it's CPU dependency. It's not a huge difference, but it's worth the extra money unless you don't plan to touch it at all then it's worthless.

And the GPU's in both builds are more than enough to run WoW on Ultra. Really won't make a single difference for your fps in WoW. It's all CPU at that point. The 270X is actually slightly better than my old GTX 570, and that 570 didn't play any differently than my SLI 770's.

Deleted
    Which should I go for then? Save up a little more and get my original one or Notargets one? I'm so confused right now, also a decrease in graphics card would knock me wouldn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Also will I need speakers with this?

Deleted
    The first build in post 6 is absolutely fine if you can afford the £790 (with OS). Strong CPU, potential overclocking and a a GPU that can easily keep up. Second build was just to give you an option IF £790 was still too high for you.

Also will I need speakers with this?
    Well there are built-in speakers in the monitor but they're not very good (they never/rarely are) but they will work. Otherwise you need to use headphones, a headset or buy separate speakers.

If you are trying to save money, the cheapest things to do would be drop the aftermarket CPU cooler, downgrade GPU and ditch the solid state drive.