Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    They just need to put a consequence behind it. Like if none wins the Dem Party leader for the district picks the candidate.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I think I like the idea of "none" vote with teeth. If no one wants a candidate, and none wins, then we need to find new candidates. And sure, it might cost PAC's money that's basically donated to them because if no one actually wins, then all the money that went into supporting a candidate basically is wasted.

However, though that might be an issue in the short term, it might work better in the long-term due to better candidates running and people knowing their voices are heard. I very very rarely vote these days due to the fact that most candidates are just useless pawns of special interest groups. And they'll say anything to get elected only to do the exact opposite once they do get elected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    I think I like the idea of "none" vote with teeth. If no one wants a candidate, and none wins, then we need to find new candidates. And sure, it might cost PAC's money that's basically donated to them because if no one actually wins, then all the money that went into supporting a candidate basically is wasted.

However, though that might be an issue in the short term, it might work better in the long-term due to better candidates running and people knowing their voices are heard. I very very rarely vote these days due to the fact that most candidates are just useless pawns of special interest groups. And they'll say anything to get elected only to do the exact opposite once they do get elected.
    Or we could introduce preferential voting or proportional representation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Oh god, this is hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post

Impeach this!
    Bloody hell, is that a real person?! How many kilograms of stuff did they need to take so that they look like the Incredible Hulk took steroids?

I like it. I'm sick of picking the lesser of two evils.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    I like it. I'm sick of picking the lesser of two evils.
    In a primary?
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is None the same as a blank vote?

Cause a blank vote, although it may carry a message if it gets a significant percentage, doesn't actually achieve anything, practically speaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Is None the same as a blank vote?

Cause a blank vote, although it may carry a message if it gets a significant percentage, doesn't actually achieve anything, practically speaking.
    I think that the 'none' vote counts as a defaced ballot, which they do keep a record of.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I think that the 'none' vote counts as a defaced ballot, which they do keep a record of.
    I have no idea wht defaced ballot is. I ain't from the states...if that's an US thing :P

Over here - Europe - a blank vote (commonly called a white vote) is just not selecting any candidate and handing it in as such. In the recent european elections we had an increase of blank votes IIRC, and on a national level an increase is expected since it's known that a party collects smth like 3.14 euros for every vote it receives.

I have no idea wht defaced ballot is. I ain't from the states...if that's an US thing :P

Over here - Europe - a blank vote (commonly called a white vote) is just not selecting any candidate and handing it in as such. In the recent european elections we had an increase of blank votes IIRC, and on a national level an increase is expected since it's known that a party collects smth like 3.14 euros for every vote it receives.
    Defaced means that you marked it in a way that makes the ballot slip voided (invalid).

10+ Year Old Account

If I drew a dickbutt on the ballot and handed it in without marking a candidate, that would count as a defaced ballot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Bloody hell, is that a real person?! How many kilograms of stuff did they need to take so that they look like the Incredible Hulk took steroids?
    Looks like what I expect most people look like to Rob Liefeld...

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1185172/warchild2.jpg

*Comic boom nerd high five*
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I want this so bad. I want to be able to vote "None of the above" in an election.

The only issue I see is who will run shit when no one wins?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    About 12 Kilograms of Photoshop

10+ Year Old Account
    this is a good step forward for congress.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymega View Post
    I want this so bad. I want to be able to vote "None of the above" in an election.

The only issue I see is who will run shit when no one wins?

- - - Updated - - -

About 12 Kilograms of Photoshop
    What kind of person goes out of their way to vote, then chooses none. Just stay home lol.

I can think of no better candidate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.