Farming as new secondary profession

Farming as new secondary profession???

Imagine!

Inside our new garrisons with the new expansion they allow us to have a plot of land made for soil. We have to plant seeds and water them. As they are growing you can plant more seeds to plant other plants.

These plants can be used for cooking or just simply snacked like berries for short term or long term effects.

As you garrison becomes bigger you can hire NPCs to water your plants for you and also create bigger and wider plots.

Some more difficult cooking recipes can require a certain mix of berries that have to all be grown and ready roughly in the same time or they will go stale.

Players can simple farm all the crops and create their own farmers market on the AH for all the fresh produce.

Throughout all the lands herbalist can bring a pot and actually take herbs from the ground and plant them inside there farm. Allowing them to have herbs right on hand.

This could become addicting to me.

Any ideas on this?

Time-limited duration stuff isn't fun or compelling to some players, so that might be an issue.
    And really why is that as a "gathering" skill a secondary, when there are others which people need to choose between as primaries.
    Also one secondary with another supporting it, making it rather silly if you do not level farming in addition to the cooking you already did.
    Somewhat hurting the idea of secondaries being optional.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    I support the idea of farming as a new secondary profession... but the expansion that should have been introduced in was MOP.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Time-limited duration stuff isn't fun or compelling to some players, so that might be an issue.
    And really why is that as a "gathering" skill a secondary, when there are others which people need to choose between as primaries.
    Also one secondary with another supporting it, making it rather silly if you do not level farming in addition to the cooking you already did.
    Somewhat hurting the idea of secondaries being optional.
    valid points. What if you was a branch off of cooking?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I support the idea of farming as a new secondary profession... but the expansion that should have been introduced in was MOP.
    Yeah MoP would had been a good time. But with the garrisons in WoD would make for perfect farm lands. Allowin just guild members to come pick berries or fruit.

I don't enjoy farming. I would rather do something purposeful.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I mean

Farming itselfs is okey but I don't want to see it as a profession rather something like the Tillers farm but more stuff.

Why don't you just go play Runescape?