Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Feral changes 6.0 (11.06.2014)

    Just opened this tread to discuss the new changes for the Feral spec. From what i've read we are loosing: Entangling Roots, Might of Urosoc, Barkskin and Weakened Armor debuff (from Fearie Fire). Entangling Roots is ok i guess, but the loss of Might of Ursoc, Barkskin and primarly Weakened Armor is just unbearable (whahaha). I loved Barkskin, because it gave me the option to activly reduce damage in high damage phases. Now we have only Survival instincts. (Survival instinct now has 2 charges and an internal CD of 12 sec which is an improvment plus reduces the ability bloat, which is good) I think with the loss of Weakened Armor i will remove Fearie Fire entirly from my Main Skill bar and it will only be used in PvP mode (which im not good at). What is your opinion of the recent changes?

    Edit: Are we losing Energy regenation when we are not in Cat Form? And speed buff will break stealth?
    Last edited by Minibubble; 2014-06-11 at 06:31 PM.

  2. #2
    edit: nvm, apparently phys. vulnerability is no longer applied?

    probably, hopefully, just missing as part of that "taken in midsweep of changes"
    Last edited by Kojo; 2014-06-11 at 06:36 PM.

  3. #3
    But its not listed. Both of them. Do you have a source which explicitly points it out?

  4. #4
    Pandaren Monk Moosie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,876
    1) Yes Entangling Root has gone, Might of Ursoc has gone, Barkskin has gon and the weakened armour debuff has gone.

    2) Energy still regens while you are not in cat form

    3) Speed buff (Dash at least) does not break stealth.

    Feel free to ask anything, currently on alpha, got raid later today on live though so won't be able to answer anything for a few hours.
    Moosie <After Hours> : Feral / Restoration

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Minibubble View Post
    Just opened this tread to discuss the new changes for the Feral spec. From what i've read we are loosing: Entangling Roots, Might of Urosoc, Barkskin and Weakened Armor debuff (from Fearie Fire). Entangling Roots is ok i guess, but the loss of Might of Ursoc, Barkskin and primarly Weakened Armor is just unbearable (whahaha). I loved Barkskin, because it gave me the option to activly reduce damage in high damage phases. Now we have only Survival instincts. (Survival instinct now has 2 charges and an internal CD of 12 sec which is an improvment plus reduces the ability bloat, which is good) I think with the loss of Weakened Armor i will remove Fearie Fire entirly from my Main Skill bar and it will only be used in PvP mode (which im not good at). What is your opinion of the recent changes?

    Edit: Are we losing Energy regenation when we are not in Cat Form? And speed buff will break stealth?

    I've got a discussion going on here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...for-PVP-in-WoD as well if you want to contribute there too. I was loath to start a new thread for fear of wrath from the forum mods, but I'll echo what I said there.

    Definitely looks like we're losing MoU and it's not bad. We have huge defensive buffs to compensate, though some say it's switching us to bear on alpha. This is also something I don't mind too much as long as the buff isn't lost when switching back out of bear.

    I don't think we're losing roots completely, just that we're losing it from the PS procs - which are now only for healing. I'm pretty bummed about that change because I use procs to keep people rooted. This just means I can never switch out of my FoN build to try Sotf or Incarnation.

    Where does it say we're losing Barkskin? I'm hoping that one is a mistake because it's the only defensive cd we can use while being cc'd. I'd rather have skin + 1 charge of SI if that choice were forced, or if SI can be used while cc'd then no problem, take skin away.

    The biggest worry is the no energy regen in cat, no +10 rage generation on switching to bear, and no mana regen from Lotp crits. These are resource regen mechanics we desperately need. They shouldn't be making us even less hybrid than we are, and really we only have Hotw for that purpose. What little use for bear/caster that we have will be lost if they remove resource regen.

    As mentioned in my thread, i really hope it's a datamining error.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    1) Yes Entangling Root has gone, Might of Ursoc has gone, Barkskin has gon and the weakened armour debuff has gone.

    2) Energy still regens while you are not in cat form

    3) Speed buff (Dash at least) does not break stealth.

    Feel free to ask anything, currently on alpha, got raid later today on live though so won't be able to answer anything for a few hours.
    Are you streaming? If no, please stream! Or at least upload some vids!

    Questions

    1 What about stampeding roar? The latest notes say it will break stealth, is that true?

    2 Can you confirm that we still get rage on shifting into bear? because notes say otherwise

    3 Also, please confirm that Lotp crits give us mana regen too as notes say we're losing that as well.

    4 Can SI be used while cc'd? If not, then I want barkskin back and I will trade 1 charge of SI for it !

    Thanks & where do I send you my cheques?!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    Where does it say we're losing Barkskin? I'm hoping that one is a mistake because it's the only defensive cd we can use while being cc'd. I'd rather have skin + 1 charge of SI if that choice were forced, or if SI can be used while cc'd then no problem, take skin away.
    Barkskin The Druid's skin becomes as tough as bark. Reducing all damage taken by 20% for 12 sec usable while stunned, frozen, incapacitated, feared or asleep. Usable in all forms. Can't be cast in Flight Form. Druid - Guardian Spec. Instant. 30 sec cooldown.

    It's now Bear only-a change they really need to reverse our only def CC then is SI.

  7. #7
    Pandaren Monk Moosie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    Are you streaming? If no, please stream! Or at least upload some vids!

    Questions

    1 What about stampeding roar? The latest notes say it will break stealth, is that true?

    2 Can you confirm that we still get rage on shifting into bear? because notes say otherwise

    3 Also, please confirm that Lotp crits give us mana regen too as notes say we're losing that as well.

    4 Can SI be used while cc'd? If not, then I want barkskin back and I will trade 1 charge of SI for it !

    Thanks & where do I send you my cheques?!
    I can't stream, only 1 ISP here and it's capped at less then 1mb/s upload, it's way to pixelated to be watchable.

    1) Stampeding Roar does not break stealth.

    2) Switching to bear form, from cat form, I start with 10 rage.

    3) No mana, it now procs 3% hp.

    4) SR can not be used while stunned.
    Last edited by Moosie; 2014-06-11 at 07:30 PM.
    Moosie <After Hours> : Feral / Restoration

  8. #8
    @gestapo (lol cruel nick ;D ) i didn't post in your tread because it said PvP and i am pretty clueless about PvP, because i'm playing most of the time PvE.

    Leader of the Pack While in Bear Form or Cat Form, increases critical strike chance of all party and raid members within 100 yards by 5%. Also causes your melee critical strikes to heal you for 3% of your health and energize you for 8% of your mana. This effect cannot occur more than once every 6 sec. Requires Cat Form, Bear Form. Druid - Feral & Guardian Spec
    It explicitly points it out, that we will not get mana with LotP, but we will get

    Mana Attunement (New) Your mana regeneration is increased by 100%. Druid - Feral & Guardian Spec.

  9. #9
    My notes from another forum:
    • We lost barkskin and might of ursoc.
    • We lost moonfire. (Lunar inspiration is currently worthless.)
    • We lost hurricane.
    • We lost lacerate and maul.
    • We lost entangling roots and hibernate. (edit: and nature's grasp)
    • We lost innervate (as expected).
    • Our crit rating is now scaled by 1.05: Critical Strike Attunement. (All specs have one such attunement.)
    • Aquatic and flight forms were merged into travel form. (Doesn't seem to be working properly yet: shifts from stag to sea lion automatically on entering water, but the reverse doesn't happen and I can't figure out how to get to bird form at all.)
    • Leader of the Pack no longer restores mana. Passive mana regeneration is increased to 4% per 5 seconds. (The net effect between these two changes is that mana regeneration is reduced from 1.3%-1.4% per second to 0.8% per second.)
    • Ferocious bite's crit chance is doubled against bleeding targets (instead of the present +25% crit chance effect).
    • Shred's crit chance in stealth is doubled (instead of the old +50% crit chance effect; also no longer requires target health >80%).
    Last edited by Aseyhe; 2014-06-12 at 08:17 AM.

  10. #10
    Pandaren Monk Moosie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Aseyhe View Post
    My notes from another forum:
    • Aquatic and flight forms were merged into travel form. (Doesn't seem to be working properly yet: shifts from stag to sea lion automatically on entering water, but the reverse doesn't happen and I can't figure out how to get to bird form at all.)
    Leaving water does put me back into stag form, but as you said, I spent like 15 minutes before giving up trying to activate bird form.
    Moosie <After Hours> : Feral / Restoration

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Aseyhe View Post
    My notes from another forum:
    • We lost barkskin and might of ursoc.
    • We lost moonfire. (Lunar inspiration is currently worthless.)
    • We lost hurricane.
    • We lost lacerate and maul.
    • We lost entangling roots and hibernate.
    • We lost innervate (as expected).
    • Our crit rating is now scaled by 1.05: Critical Strike Attunement. (All specs have one such attunement.)
    • Aquatic and flight forms were merged into travel form. (Doesn't seem to be working properly yet: shifts from stag to sea lion automatically on entering water, but the reverse doesn't happen and I can't figure out how to get to bird form at all.)
    • Leader of the Pack no longer restores mana. Passive mana regeneration is increased to 4% per 5 seconds. (The net effect between these two changes is that mana regeneration is reduced from 1.3%-1.4% per second to 0.8% per second.)
    • Ferocious bite's crit chance is doubled against bleeding targets (instead of the present +25% crit chance effect).
    • Shred's crit chance in stealth is doubled (instead of the old +50% crit chance effect; also no longer requires target health >80%).
    Thats more than i've expected. Seems that we can't fullfill other roles as effective as in the past anymore.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    Barkskin The Druid's skin becomes as tough as bark. Reducing all damage taken by 20% for 12 sec usable while stunned, frozen, incapacitated, feared or asleep. Usable in all forms. Can't be cast in Flight Form. Druid - Guardian Spec. Instant. 30 sec cooldown.

    It's now Bear only-a change they really need to reverse our only def CC then is SI.
    That's terrible! We need a defensive that we can use while CC, especially since we have no fear break.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    I can't stream, only 1 ISP here and it's capped at less then 1mb/s upload, it's way to pixelated to be watchable.

    1) Stampeding Roar does not break stealth.

    2) Switching to bear form, from cat form, I start with 10 rage.

    3) No mana, it now procs 3% hp.

    4) SR can not be used while stunned.
    @ 3) That's a bit of a bummer. I hope our mana regen won't be too bad without lotp returns, and shame at not having SI being usable while cc'd and removing barkskin. Thanks for the updates Moosie.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Minibubble View Post
    @gestapo (lol cruel nick ;D ) i didn't post in your tread because it said PvP and i am pretty clueless about PvP, because i'm playing most of the time PvE.

    It explicitly points it out, that we will not get mana with LotP, but we will get
    Mana Attunement (New) Your mana regeneration is increased by 100%. Druid - Feral & Guardian Spec.
    Hi Minibubble! No worries, just thought I'd let you know in case you miss some discussion. Also, the nick was in reference to the humorous version in 'Allo 'Allo! and not the actual kind

    The mana attunement thing looks nice, could make up well for losing lotp mana regen.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    Barkskin The Druid's skin becomes as tough as bark. Reducing all damage taken by 20% for 12 sec usable while stunned, frozen, incapacitated, feared or asleep. Usable in all forms. Can't be cast in Flight Form. Druid - Guardian Spec. Instant. 30 sec cooldown.

    It's now Bear only-a change they really need to reverse our only def CC then is SI.
    we lost barkskin...
    and if I may ask the dev team... ... where is the survival increase that they wanted to give ferals ?
    I mean current situation is:
    I macro surv+bark and get 70% damage reduction for 12 seconds
    +
    a defensive bonus with symbiosis (i.e. pala shield which is very good)

    new situation;
    symbio gone, barkskin gone
    we get 70% damage reduction for 12 seconds with first charge of surv
    +
    a second charge of surv 70% damage reduction

    honesty I do not see all this survival increase that they wanted to give ferals by takin away symbio and adding 2 charges of surv. So why do the bother to tell us how much the feel the feral needs more survival abilities ? pleas !
    ...

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskpanther View Post
    we lost barkskin...
    and if I may ask the dev team... ... where is the survival increase that they wanted to give ferals ?
    I mean current situation is:
    I macro surv+bark and get 70% damage reduction for 12 seconds
    +
    a defensive bonus with symbiosis (i.e. pala shield which is very good)

    new situation;
    symbio gone, barkskin gone
    we get 70% damage reduction for 12 seconds with first charge of surv
    +
    a second charge of surv 70% damage reduction

    honesty I do not see all this survival increase that they wanted to give ferals by takin away symbio and adding 2 charges of surv. So why do the bother to tell us how much the feel the feral needs more survival abilities ? pleas !
    ...
    If they do a small change and let us use the new SI while under cc effects the way barkskin currently is, we wouldn't have too much of a problem. Remember we're also getting the nine lives glyph and some decent healing perks.

  15. #15
    Wow, it really sucks that we're losing so many spells ouside of cat form. I don't really see the point either. Before when I switched forms I would have a bar or two for each form, np no bloat at all since I didn't see the spells in cat form. Now it's like a ghost town when I switch to caster or tank form.

    Pretty cool with shred always critting in stealth though. Incarnation will be insane woth the extra damage and cp gen.

    And being able to use SI while CCd would be really OP. But I do think cat form needs some kind of buff, like 15% dr while stunned or something.

  16. #16
    I have a question and I tried going trough all the replies but dont really have the time right now, so Ill just ask and sorry if its already been answered.
    How do our bleeds work now, do they snapshot and with what? I see bloodytalons works like curren DoC does it mean we'll still be using HT before our bleeds for 30% increased damage?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    Wow, it really sucks that we're losing so many spells ouside of cat form. I don't really see the point either. Before when I switched forms I would have a bar or two for each form, np no bloat at all since I didn't see the spells in cat form. Now it's like a ghost town when I switch to caster or tank form.

    Pretty cool with shred always critting in stealth though. Incarnation will be insane woth the extra damage and cp gen.

    And being able to use SI while CCd would be really OP. But I do think cat form needs some kind of buff, like 15% dr while stunned or something.
    Well, it would be a whole lot easier to just let us keep barkskin as is, even if they remove 1 charge of SI. We really need to have something that can be used while feared/stunned etc.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by sami4a View Post
    I have a question and I tried going trough all the replies but dont really have the time right now, so Ill just ask and sorry if its already been answered.
    How do our bleeds work now, do they snapshot and with what? I see bloodytalons works like curren DoC does it mean we'll still be using HT before our bleeds for 30% increased damage?
    I'm also not too sure on this, I thought abilities like Tiger's Fury will have to be snapshot but I wonder if SR / DoC updates dynamically.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    Pretty cool with shred always critting in stealth though.
    What makes you think you'll have 50% crit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    But I do think cat form needs some kind of buff, like 15% dr while stunned or something.
    If only there was a glyph....
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskpanther View Post
    I macro surv+bark and get 70% damage reduction for 12 seconds
    Defensive cd's don't stack additively.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    I'm also not too sure on this, I thought abilities like Tiger's Fury will have to be snapshot but I wonder if SR / DoC updates dynamically.
    TF/SR/DoC will all snapshot, on the current Alpha build SR/TF don't but I've had confirmation that all of them will in a later build.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    TF/SR/DoC will all snapshot, on the current Alpha build SR/TF don't but I've had confirmation that all of them will in a later build.
    Thanks for the confirmation. Will make Bloody Talons a good option, but LI is still a no brainer for pvp builds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •