15+ Year Old Account

Alpha Balance Question

Are balance druids still able to cast healing spells while in moonkin form or does it drop you out when you start casting?

There has been no change mentioned regarding that. So until you hear otherwise, you will be able to cast heals in mookin form the same way you can currently.

Balance can't cast tranquility in wod as it stands now. Still has rejuvenation and HT

15+ Year Old Account
    OK then this just really pisses me off. Currently they can use all of their healing spells while in moonkin form while shadow only has a couple spells they can cast in shadow form. Come WOD ALL healing spells will drop a shadow priest out of form while balance druids can free cast without having to drop form.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    OK then this just really pisses me off. Currently they can use all of their healing spells while in moonkin form while shadow only has a couple spells they can cast in shadow form. Come WOD ALL healing spells will drop a shadow priest out of form while balance druids can free cast without having to drop form.
    Firstly, that sounds like you should take your issue to the priest forums, not here.

Secondly, there's nothing in the official alpha notes specifying that casting heals will drop you out of shadowform. I'll i can see is that the datamined alpha shadowform tooltip states casting any heal will drop you from form. That could very well be a datamine error.

Unless you've been on the alpha or know/seen another spriest on the alpha where the above assumption has been verified. In which case, it's a valid gripe, but you should still take it to the priest forum. It's not the boomkins fault if blizz did that to your offhealing.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2014-06-12 at 07:52 PM.

Shadow priest also get healing from devouring plague in the current build I believe so perhaps it all balances out that way.

lol in alpha and already people gunning to nerf druids, this one even carried this topic over to the official druid forums.

While I can't speak from a game play perspective, from a lore perspective it makes no sense that someone made out of shadow would be able to use the light. But there's nothing saying a moonkin can't use restoration magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyotanka View Post
    While I can't speak from a game play perspective, from a lore perspective it makes no sense that someone made out of shadow would be able to use the light. But there's nothing saying a moonkin can't use restoration magic.
    While from a game play perspective it would make sense. I've always seen spriests and boomkins as being kind of alike seeing as they both have forms to get in and out of in order to DPS and heal. It would only make sense IMO for druids to drop form as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagzoom View Post
    Shadow priest also get healing from devouring plague in the current build I believe so perhaps it all balances out that way.
    If this is true then it makes perfect sense that you wouldn't be able to use your healing tools as well. Balance druids don't get passive healing from any dps abilities. We do have a pretty awesome talent that heals us passively...but that's not specific to balance and there's nothing saying everyone takes it...so I'm not sure it counts as a balance druid mechanic.

There shouldn't be a form requirement for flash heal. Idk if they are keeping it as is for some lore reason, but it makes no sense. Neither should have form requirements, especially druid, because shape-shifting has a 1.5sec GCD that cannot be lowered by haste and you lose all your defensive armor from the form for both shadow and balance to either put out an insanely long cast-time heal for a moderate amount or a fast heal that heals for pitiful amounts. DP doesn't do that much healing and you're meant to use DP for it's damage not it's heal. The healing should be removed or reduced from DP and put into a decent flash heal. I'd also like to see a glyph of VE that makes it a passive self heal instead of the raid cd.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Firstly, that sounds like you should take your issue to the priest forums, not here.

Secondly, there's nothing in the official alpha notes specifying that casting heals will drop you out of shadowform. I'll i can see is that the datamined alpha shadowform tooltip states casting any heal will drop you from form. That could very well be a datamine error.

Unless you've been on the alpha or know/seen another spriest on the alpha where the above assumption has been verified. In which case, it's a valid gripe, but you should still take it to the priest forum. It's not the boomkins fault if blizz did that to your offhealing.
    Though it wasn't up when you posted your comment (although the datamined tooltip was) its up now that "Shadowform no longer allows any healing spells to be cast but also no longer has a restriction on casting other Holy spells." Nothing has been said of moonkin form and they even got a buff to their healing touch when they heal themself. Its not right. Healing touch has no CD. Healing touch doesn't drop moonkin form. Devouring plague has to have orbs to even be able to use and those require mindblast casted to generate and that has a CD on it.

Also I brought this to the druid forms because I wanted to know from druids if this was the case. Priest forums is the wrong forums to ask a question about a druid spell. Everything after my question is in direct relation to the initial question.

Well don't be asking for druids to lose their healing in form. No one thinks priest should have to do that crap either. We agree with you. It makes no sense.

Yes they can cast all heals in form. Hopefully soon survival instincts CD as well (puts you in bear atm idk why)