Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Jihadis Loot $429m from City's Central Bank to Make Isis World's Richest Terror Force

The Islamic State of Iraq and al-Shams (Isis) has become the richest terror group ever after looting 500 billion Iraqi dinars - the equivalent of $429m (£256m) - from Mosul's central bank, according to the regional governor.

Nineveh governor Atheel al-Nujaifi confirmed Kurdish televison reports that Isis militants had stolen millions from numerous banks across Mosul. A large quantity of gold bullion is also believed to have been stolen.

So now this group has as much if not more money then a small country, can't be good.
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/mosul-seize...-force-1452190

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    The Islamic State of Iraq and al-Shams (Isis) has become the richest terror group ever after looting 500 billion Iraqi dinars - the equivalent of $429m (£256m) - from Mosul's central bank, according to the regional governor.

Nineveh governor Atheel al-Nujaifi confirmed Kurdish televison reports that Isis militants had stolen millions from numerous banks across Mosul. A large quantity of gold bullion is also believed to have been stolen.

So now this group has as much if not more money then a small country, can't be good.
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/mosul-seize...-force-1452190
    So how much does a little nuke cost this days ???

A group of radical extremists who cause terror all over the world now has as much money as a small country.... If there was a time to be absolutely terrified I think now is a good time as ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saah View Post
    Currently in Russia there is too much freedom, you can freely do things, that would cause you be arrested in USA.

To be fair I don't think the next market session will be kind to the value of the Iraqi dinar

Quote Originally Posted by fumblz View Post
    A group of radical extremists who cause terror all over the world now has as much money as a small country.... If there was a time to be absolutely terrified I think now is a good time as ever.
    Dude we kicked in almost every door in Iraq and delivered freedom what did you expect, Sadam didn't really think he was going to only accept Euro's for oil did he? I thought America invading was for the people of Iraq....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    To be fair I don't think the next market session will be kind to the value of the Iraqi dinar
    While that is probably true they most likely won't be keeping it in dinars, also an unspecified amount of gold was stolen, everyone loves gold.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine how many steam games you could buy with that.

Dude we kicked in almost every door in Iraq and delivered freedom what did you expect, Sadam didn't really think he was going to only accept Euro's for oil did he? I thought America invading was for the people of Iraq....

- - - Updated - - -

While that is probably true they most likely won't be keeping it in dinars, also an unspecified amount of gold was stolen, everyone loves gold.
    Gold bullion is serialized and there's nothing inconspicuous about trying to ditch 500 billion dinars in a hurry.

Gold bullion is serialized and there's nothing inconspicuous about trying to ditch 500 billion dinars in a hurry.
    Gold melts. I think they are passed the "inconspicuous" phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gold melts, right? Seems like you could melt it down and reforge it into whatever you wanted. Goodbye serial numbers.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I had an Iraqi dinar once. Tasted awful.

Deleted
    For that amount of money you can equip a small army, this is going to cause a huge problem in the future especially as this latest victory will boost their recruitment numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by xact4 View Post
    I had an Iraqi dinar once. Tasted awful.
    Ummm, a Dinar is where you eat the food not the actual meal...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    For that amount of money you can equip a small army, this is going to cause a huge problem in the future especially as this latest victory will boost their recruitment numbers.
    They also acquired several American humvees and other vehicles.

I thought this would be about a new group based on the Egyptian god Isis

Deleted
    I don't blame them, ISIS has a lot of expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Gold melts, right? Seems like you could melt it down and reforge it into whatever you wanted. Goodbye serial numbers.
    Which basically means they can't pass it through any legitimate market. So it is worthless for any living salary. It might buy them hardware but they apparently have plenty of that already.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    I don't blame them, ISIS has a lot of expenses.

Talk about Jager bombs. Is that chick in the back going to hit the lady over the head with her bottle?

Ummm, a Dinar is where you eat the food not the actual meal...
    Dinner not diner. Sigh my funnies are wasted!

Quote Originally Posted by fumblz View Post
    USA has more money than a small country (the actual ones who cause terror all over the world).

Which basically means they can't pass it through any legitimate market. So it is worthless for any living salary. It might buy them hardware but they apparently have plenty of that already.
    In case you missed it these are terrorists I doubt they are going to invest it or use it in a legitimate marketplace. They can sell the money for a loss and get euros, I mean that is laundering but I will make an educated guess that they don't care.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pitakos View Post
    USA has more money than a small country (the actual ones who cause terror all over the world).
    Which countries are those?

10+ Year Old Account
    dinars supposed to be worth more than the dollar now, but there was a huge fight back from the US. back when big oil barons tried to stop accepting any form of payment other than dinars or gold