Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    tanking lfr isnt really very diffficult and i could see having a bot do it not be a bad idea. make it a warrior or pally so it doesnt bres the wrong person. jaylock threads are usually not even worth posting in but i dont think this is a bad idea

10+ Year Old Account
    They're making LFR scale so you don't have to wait for a full group when people leave. That's a much better solution, though obviously a lack of tanks/heals will still be an issue on occasion. Those aren't roles you want filled by bots anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No. A bot can never, ever perform as a human can outside of very specific, tailored situations on supercomputers.
    Current Bot technology could easily out perform half of the players in LFR, no question. I do not really think it is a good idea though.

You do not need to tell a Bot not to attack in Def stance, or focus the adds, or don't stand in fire... and a rotation bot is as simple as they come...

You have smart heals already, its not hard to program triage healing. Tanking may be a bit harder in terms of positioning the boss, but a bot could easily taunt after boss uses ability X times without missing a beat.
    Last edited by Soulzar; 2014-06-12 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Current Bot technology could easily out perform half of the players in LFR, no question. I do not really think it is a good idea though.

You do not need to tell a Bot not to attack in Def stance, or focus the adds, or don't stand in fire... and a rotation bot is as simple as they come...

You have smart heals already, its not hard to program triage healing. Tanking may be a bit harder in terms of positioning the boss, but a bot could easily taunt after boss uses ability X times without missing a beat.
    This was my thought exactly. I do not think it is the right way to go... but bot programming has come a long way. Hell, even a few years ago my buddy used some paid for BG bot that consistently out performed actual players, and PVP is as "scriptless" and ever changing as it gets.

Getting a bot/NPC to heal/DPS I do not think would be an issue at all. Tank positioning could be an issue but honestly using coordinates it's more than possible. The only main issue I could see is bosses with "outside the box" mechanics, such as Seigecrafter's pipes. Definitely possible though in my opinion.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh it's not a great idea. You'd pretty much never get a run that wasn't at least half bots. Which would be inferior to what happens now. I know that people love to exaggerate their bad LFR experiences, but on average I'd say that LFR players can outperform a bot.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Deleted
    Could prove unrealistic. Mercenaries in Allods stop working on the first fight where two bosses need to be kept at opposite corners of the room.

No. A bot can never, ever perform as a human can outside of very specific, tailored situations on supercomputers.
    What are you talking about. RTS AI and FPS bot deathmatch AI.

Though WoW npcs are dumb. LFR is not known for being lethal in the slightest. If the bots were tuned to do average damage of a player for THAT tier zone. The bots likely woould outperform half the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Would you be okay with blizzard implementing a system where if the queues are too high, after a certain amount of time, they would put a "bot" in place of a player that knew how to do each fight so long as the players also did their jobs?

This would aleviate the high dps que and would allow players to rush through LFR quicker, thus obtaining more loot quicker.

What would your thoughts be on this?
    Why not? There are already bots in there.

Actually... I don't want Blizzard bots in my alt LFR runs. Don't think Blizzard could ever program a bot as well as the players can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Admit it. Bots can perform better in LFR than any human who regularly participates in it can, we've all been there and witnessed the catastrophe that it is. I'm positive that bots can do a better job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    What are you talking about. RTS AI and FPS bot deathmatch AI.

Though WoW npcs are dumb. LFR is not known for being lethal in the slightest. If the bots were tuned to do average damage of a player for THAT tier zone. The bots likely woould outperform half the players.
    They should exactly outperform half the players in that case

And if they performed to an average, they would be sufficient to kill the boss alone. That would just lead to all kinds of shenanigans to get carried by the bots. There's just no point in putting them there then if they're carrying half the group; so you might as well just scale the instance and make sure those who are there are putting in an adequate shift between them. And that is exactly what is going to happen in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    They already do, it's called honorbuddy.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Deleted
    LFR isn't already full of bots? ....my life is a lie!

It wouldn't surprise me if they already did this... It would probably be quite easy...

It wouldn't surprise me if the bots end up playing way better than the LFR players

Maybe not some humans. I would say a bot can probably out perform most LFR players though.