Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Way to miss the point of the thread, Miss Sunshine.

But hey, let's address some of the reverse rose colored glasses...

And might as well be replaced by floating grey cubes. You have a hard earned rare tame? Congrats, it's exactly no better than that bear the other guy picked up at level 5 in Dun Morogh.

Not in MoP they don't. You pick a spec and that's it.

Had those from the beginning.

Except for AoE sunder, they're all meaningless in 25 man, and before you answer about 10 man, it might surprise you to learn WoD will be 20 man. If you need pets to cover buffs, fix your composition.

Eh, all it really does is put our resource entirely on us, rather than external buffs. Focus management isn't THAT hard, and frankly, I'm not here to stare at a rotation. Simpler rotations mean attention on harder fights.

1) Yes, Arcane Shot had a 6 second CD. 2) It did such complete shit damage that no one used it, except for quick pulls.. 3) The correct rotation was a slow bow (I'll let you figure out why), fitting Aimed and Multi shots in between autos.

50%. I'm sorry you never heard of fel mana pots or mana injectors (you do remember that you could chain chug pots if needed?). Also, you should have had your Rets judging Wisdom. Lazy bums.

Dead zone removal was due to "shit, we forget them for the StackUpTheBossArse fight", not as any real favor to us. You complain about no melee weapons, but that's the price for no minimum range.

Maybe for looks, but not for anything serious. Harsh language had more effect than our melee.

Wing Clip, optionally Cheetah to get some distance, Frost Trap and talented Conc. Given that speed boosts were rare, you didn't need perma snares most of the time.

And then you write about getting the rare glitched pets and so on. There, that's the point of all this, to remember the fun we had. Lecturing everyone about how we've improved and therefore shouldn't remember is ridiculous and combative.
    How could you honestly care this much about something a random person said to you on the internet? Posts like yours just flat out make me sad to see.
    "【A Chinese viewpoint on the new version:MOP】
    since we have lived in a world filled with magic and beast and lots of culture,so it is reasonable to let all kinds of culture come into World of Warcraft
    Orc:black people Jazz
    Gorblin:Israel Jews (No offensive,Gorblins are good at making money,that's ture in my eyes)"

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbert the View Post
    How could you honestly care this much about something a random person said to you on the internet? Posts like yours just flat out make me sad to see.
    Wasn't said to me, it was more tiresome bitching about classic, BC, and Wrath even being mentioned. Gets especially old from Cata/MoP brats who pretend they were there.

To you though, if me telling someone they're being negative and bringing down a fun thread makes you sad, well cry more.
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2014-07-15 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
    There was also that one ability where you could control the pet; Eyes of the Beast, I think it was called?
    Yes!
    I remember taming a boar in westfall, keeping it low level and changing name so it matched the other boars (mobs) names.
    Then using Eyes of the Beast, to blend in with the wild boars while hiding behind a hill.
    Waiting for a low level, questing alliance player, who would kill boars for quests and pvp tags himself as soon as he attack my pet

Biggest use of Eyes of the Beast was pulling in MC and BWL. Me and another hunter used to chain pull in BWL so we could clear it in a little over an hour. Speed runs were fun.

I've had Hunter alts scattered throughout my WoW career. I never got very high level, but I remember always running out of ammo right before the last bosses in dungeons. Meleeing VanCleef was always fun.
    "Not one moment for granted". - Steve Cortez

Currently playing World of Warcraft and the Mass Effect trilogy. Not at the same time, of course. I'm not an octopus.

on my hunter i always had 2 stacks on lower quality ammo, so that sometimes during a fight i ran out i stil had a backup stash.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by lupii View Post
    Hah, you guys had ammo. We had....soul shards...friggin soul shards....
    And making sure you got them was a dps loss, since back in the early days, you had to channel Drain Soul to get them!

I remember having a crap bow to swap in on neffy boss fight. I remember having to melee him if i diden't swap my bow in time. I remember the guy who would swap the crafted bullet ammo for arrows too. Also remember hunting for Brokentooth because ZG bat was lame

That reminds me of the Shards for Warlocks ... when you had to get a full bag before a raid
    Anyway, I'm a hunter now

Those where fun days indeed.

You could always go melee and claim weapons as hunter weapons when they dropped afterwards and you'd get it, cause all weapons were hunter weapon

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    those were the days! idc what anyone says I loved having ammo, quivers, etc. made the game more immersive even if it was a pita at times.
    No, not at all, i hated using Ammo (it was nice in some ways and that also made the legendary bow even more legendary but still no....), you had 1 bag less than everyone else and sometimes for raids you had to fill your quiver and get 1 more bag full of ammo just to make sure you wouldn't have to be in the middle of a boss fight using melee attacks >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    No, not at all, i hated using Ammo (it was nice in some ways and that also made the legendary bow even more legendary but still no....), you had 1 bag less than everyone else and sometimes for raids you had to fill your quiver and get 1 more bag full of ammo just to make sure you wouldn't have to be in the middle of a boss fight using melee attacks >.>
    I literally NEVER ran out of ammo.
    I always kept 7-8 Adamantite Stinger crates on me in addition to what was in my quiver. Plus had some lower dps Trash ammo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Mr.EvilGreedyPresident goes "MWAHAHAH YOU PUNY PROGRAMMER, I'M BUYING A NEW FERRARI AND THERE'S O MONEY LEFT FOR YOUR PUNY CONTENT, WITHER AND DIE AND SCREW THE PLAYERS MWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA *thunder echoes in the distance*"
    Main - Useful PvP Items

If you ran outta ammo you'd just whip out your melee weapon and raptor strike/mongoose strike the shit outta them!

I remember that Hunters wanted to tame The Rake (a cat pet north of Thunder Bluff) because it had the fastest attack speed on a cat pet. Attack Speed on pet were a thing back in the days.

Ammo was horrible, to be honest. :/ I also remember most hunters would HAVE to sit in Aspect of the Viper the entire time cause our mana regen was just too low without it to sustain DPS. X_x

The one thing I miss: If you used Feign Death for the full 6 minutes, you'd actually die.

One thing I REALLLLLY don't miss: Having to tame various levels of pets and species in order to "learn" new ranks of skills for your main pets. :/ All with only 3 stable slots. :/
    Last edited by Myzou; 2014-07-19 at 08:23 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Ammo was horrible, to be honest. :/ I also remember most hunters would HAVE to sit in Aspect of the Viper the entire time cause our mana regen was just too low without it to sustain DPS. X_x
    Some had specific macros for mana regen as far as I remember. /cast Aspect of the Viper /cast Steady Shot. And another one with hawk & Chimera shot. That way you made sure to get the most out of your mana and keep up the dmg.

I have an old screenshot somewhere that shows our old guild master/raid leader at the time making arrows during H LK progression...mid fight.

i remember running out of ammo mid raid and spent the rest of the time melee :P fun times

Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    Biggest use of Eyes of the Beast was pulling in MC and BWL. Me and another hunter used to chain pull in BWL so we could clear it in a little over an hour. Speed runs were fun.
    Was also useful for the second to last boss in Heroic Mechanar. She has these very annoying but slow-moving fire elemental adds, so groups would go all the way to the end of the instance and send a hunter pet back to pull her. The elementals would spend the whole fight slowly crawling their way up the corridor.