New bug found regarding Nephalem Rifts. 'Double Rifting'

I'm not sure if this has already been posted, or reported, but I couldn't find any topics on the matter.

I just found an interesting bug with Nephalem Rifts, which allowed me to do a consecutive rift after completing one for no key fragments. I was getting impatient as a Rift was counting down to close, and ended up sitting right on top of it, waiting to click and channel again as it closed up. The second the name of the portal changed from the Rift name, back to 'Nephalem Obelisk' I clicked it.

However, it didn't do that, for a split second, it changed to 'Nephalem Rift' and I clicked on it. Once I did, I was taken into a completely new Rift, filled with monsters again. Orek said his little text, however there was no bar to indicate when the Rift Guardian would spawn, but it did end up spawning after I killed enough monsters.

So everything essentially went as a normal Rift would, when I finally finished, I wasn't given any completed quest gold/experience, and there was no countdown for the Rift to close. What was important, however, was when I opened another Rift after that, it was the same one I just did, completely empty, with no monsters.

So from what I can tell, the game creates another Rift right after the one you've finished is done counting down, and for that split second, you're able to click on the portal again before it turns back into a Nephalem Obelisk, and get into that Rift, without spending any Fragments. From there, once you finish the free Rift, you can probably leave the game, and go back in, to make sure you don't waste any Fragments opening an empty Rift.

Not the biggest bug in the whole world, but if you can time it right, and click on the portal during that split second, you can essentially get two Rifts for the price of one.

Deleted
    Actually not a new bug at all, been around for quite a while, it's been reported on the Blizzard forums a couple of times so expect a fix.

Also I don't think explaining bugs and how to use them is allowed on here? May be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifus View Post
    Actually not a new bug at all, been around for quite a while, it's been reported on the Blizzard forums a couple of times so expect a fix.

Also I don't think explaining bugs and how to use them is allowed on here? May be wrong though.
    I figured it wasn't, but why hasn't it been changed yet, then? RoS has been out for some time now, and it's really easily exploitable.

And I was simply explaining it in case it was new, since I've never actually seen any topics on the matter.

We've been doing this for a while now. Honestly, with rift it forward communities it's not even needed. You can play an entire day and only open one rift as it is.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    We've been doing this for a while now. Honestly, with rift it forward communities it's not even needed. You can play an entire day and only open one rift as it is.
    I looked down quite a few pages both on here and the official forums, and there aren't any threads at all regarding this bug, so it's not well known from the looks of it. And regardless of whether it's any faster or slower than RiF, it's still better to have a bug be known than just ignoring it.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I looked down quite a few pages both on here and the official forums, and there aren't any threads at all regarding this bug, so it's not well known from the looks of it. And regardless of whether it's any faster or slower than RiF, it's still better to have a bug be known than just ignoring it.
    While I could be wrong... If I were Blizzard and I could/would not fix this bug right away due to whatever reason - I would LOCK/DELETE every thread about this bug if it even hinted at what to do to get the bug. I mean you are exploiting something ingame, so the less people that know it, the better (if you were Blizzard).

That said: "normal" people who like some bug, won't post about it because it saves them the grind of farming more keystones. Personally I haven't used the bug more then 3x (someone else did it for me and I teleported to him). Why would one post about something that gives an advantage and is clearly something that was not intended? Just be happy for as long as that bug is there and hope you won't get banned for it.

very old bug. its been around since rifting began. blizz will fix it eventually i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    While I could be wrong... If I were Blizzard and I could/would not fix this bug right away due to whatever reason - I would LOCK/DELETE every thread about this bug if it even hinted at what to do to get the bug. I mean you are exploiting something ingame, so the less people that know it, the better (if you were Blizzard).

That said: "normal" people who like some bug, won't post about it because it saves them the grind of farming more keystones. Personally I haven't used the bug more then 3x (someone else did it for me and I teleported to him). Why would one post about something that gives an advantage and is clearly something that was not intended? Just be happy for as long as that bug is there and hope you won't get banned for it.
    In a way that makes sense, I suppose, but then why bother having an entire forum dedicated to reporting bugs? If they just wanted to pretend any bugs or glitches didn't exist until they could fix them, it would make more sense to have said bug/glitch reports more private, instead of encouraging people to make threads for them.

I doubt anyone would get banned from this, though, as it's been said, it only saves you a minor bit of time, and it's even faster to just RiF.

Yeah, this bug has been around for a while now. I got into it once, but didn't continue because there was no monster count bar.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yeah, this bug has been around for a while now. I got into it once, but didn't continue because there was no monster count bar.
    Even tho you can't see the bar, the counter is still there and when you have killed enough mobs, the boss will appear ;3

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    It is well known, as it was discovered within the first week of RoS release and widely announced. It's been a few months now, though, and all in all, it's not really a big deal, so people have just stopped talking about it. That doesn't mean it isn't well known - it just means it's so known that people don't bother discussing it =P.

Really its only an advantage if you want to aim for an easy 2 minute rift as you can clear a lot of mobs ( hoping that you wont spawn the guardian) go out, open properly and clear fast for the achievement. Although you need a decent rift for this ( screw you imp rift).

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfarien View Post
    Really its only an advantage if you want to aim for an easy 2 minute rift as you can clear a lot of mobs ( hoping that you wont spawn the guardian) go out, open properly and clear fast for the achievement. Although you need a decent rift for this ( screw you imp rift).
    Getting that achivement is easy as fuck if you do RiF. It doesn't care if the rifts you open and close are the same, so all you have to do is join a game, open a rift, join another game and close that rift within 2 minutes of each other. DING, achivement.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Getting that achivement is easy as fuck if you do RiF. It doesn't care if the rifts you open and close are the same, so all you have to do is join a game, open a rift, join another game and close that rift within 2 minutes of each other. DING, achivement.
    Amg! Didn't know that...So maybe thats how I got it that time...Like I whispered the guys, but they we're silent inn a way that led me to think they exploited something, or something fishy was going on. I coulden't for the life off mine understand how they cleared a torment6 Rift so fast, and the time for RIF people to join and close...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO