Thread: WoD Theory

10+ Year Old Account
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!

WoD Theory

In the end of the expansion, Gul'dan will have connected the legion in some way, we will fight of Kil'jaeden (alternate) to take his power and go find Illidan in the nether in our timeline and bring him back for the legion's return in our timeline with Wrathion being a big part of it. This could bring the Demon Hunter class to be. :P

Deleted
    Take kiljaedens power and bring illidan back.. What? :S there will never be a demon hunter class get over it

Just tweaking this a bit...

At the end of the expansion, the Bronze Dragons are saying that we need to balance the timewaves and make things happen in this alternate world that also happened in ours. **I know its an alternate dimension, but given how chaotic timetravel theory is, its possible for them to say "Major events (such as Illidan going to outland) still need to happen, but they can be brought on by different means."** So basically, the Iron Horde attack replaces the regular demon-Horde attack. But we still need to get Illidan to outland. As lyseria said, we take some power from Kil'Jaeden, give it to Illidan so that he does his thing and then gets banished.

This works for a couple of reasons:
    1) It's a nice way to tie it back into our original timeline for the next expansion if all of the things like BT, Arthas beating Illidan and the whole LK thing actually happen in the other timeline as well.

2) It may seem like a big deal to skip the demon-Horde like I said, but in reality its not. While it did trouble them for a long time, modern day Hordies (mostly after Thrall stepped down) are not nearly as worried about falling into corruption again as they once were. Secondly, the conflict with the Alliance didn't start b/c the orcs were possessed, it started because they attacked SW and such. Demon-possessed or not, an attack on SW would create the same conflict that exists/existed until SoO.

3)It sets up a Burning Legion xpac perfectly.

Granted, I don't at all think this will happen, but its a nice theory.

just no.....

While I believe KJ and the legion will be at heart of the problems (KJ promising aspect level powers to weaken azeroth to a certain bronze dragon..), we won't have a demon hunter class.

Given that said bronze dragon apparently cooperates with Wrathion, that seems rather unlikely. You might not agree with Wrathion's methods, but he is most definitely anti-Legion.

That's exactly what WoD is. A theory.

Quote Originally Posted by treecut View Post
    Take kiljaedens power and bring illidan back.. What? :S there will never be a demon hunter class get over it
    "There will never be pandas! They are an april fools joke! Get over it..."

"Blizzard will never allow you to buy a level capped character... Get over it"

"Blizzard will never allow you to buy gold... Get over it"

You just never know man... seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternewt View Post
    That's exactly what WoD is. A theory.
    I don't think you can use WoD to make testable predictions.

After we beat the orcs back into the stone age, we have to dress up like them and invade Azeroth...just to set the timeline straight

10+ Year Old Account
    As they have hinted at wanting to maybe bring Illidan back somehow, this will not be the way. It is going to be much more complex and epic.
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I don't think you can use WoD to make testable predictions.
    I am pretty sure that WoD is *full* to the brim of things that you can use to make testable predictions.

For example, MoP featured the farm as a testable prediction: that players would use it, and enjoy it, enough that it saw significant playtime. It tested true, and we get garrisons in consequence, which are doubtless filled with testable predictions about what people will do and enjoy with them. WoD+1 will feature, well, features based on the lessons learned.

Ditto the healing approach, which is definitely a testable prediction: that their model of "cata triage healing without fucking up mana" will be compelling gameplay.

MoP featured the testable theory that active mitigation for tanks was awesome, and WoD sees that finish: all tanking is active mitigation tanking now. That one tested true with the playerbase.

...and on it goes.

(Of course, masternewt actually meant "WoD is bad, and you should feel bad", but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    I am pretty sure that WoD is *full* to the brim of things that you can use to make testable predictions.

For example, MoP featured the farm as a testable prediction: that players would use it, and enjoy it, enough that it saw significant playtime. It tested true, and we get garrisons in consequence, which are doubtless filled with testable predictions about what people will do and enjoy with them. WoD+1 will feature, well, features based on the lessons learned.

Ditto the healing approach, which is definitely a testable prediction: that their model of "cata triage healing without fucking up mana" will be compelling gameplay.

MoP featured the testable theory that active mitigation for tanks was awesome, and WoD sees that finish: all tanking is active mitigation tanking now. That one tested true with the playerbase.

...and on it goes.

(Of course, masternewt actually meant "WoD is bad, and you should feel bad", but whatever.
    Sure, but that just means that WoD might contain hypotheses and theories, not that it is one.

Like the theory in your example: Farms are an interesting mechanic, which allows you to make the prediction that it will be used and enjoyed.