Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    having unlimited resources doesnt make u smart
    but seeing as he is from an primitive race of aliens. he is probably smarter than most
    green jesus is too smart...he breaks narrative

since the alliance is deeply embedded in a suicidal bout of egalitarianism (everyone is the same)
    they have allowed hostile aliens to conquer their land and kill their people
    over...and over...and over....at this point they deserve it

so sure...his situation more than his intelligence has yielded perfect results
    "untill a small group of adventurers stop him" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    This. Garrosh stole goblin blueprints sometime between escaping his trial and his escape to Draenor of the past. He only need to know how to use them, the blueprints show his engineers what needs to be built.
    He must've been pretty quick, then, as his escape from his trial was him being teleported directly to Draenor of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Yup. It's a lolore thing. Nobody's really sure how it happened, but the way it was described was he brought back goblin blueprints to Draenor. How in hells name he got them between his trial and his teleportation from the trial is beyond me.
    Kairoz must've made more than one trip, then, I guess?

Garrosh is as brilliant and competent as the current scene demands him to be. Though he does seem to become more competent the more evil he gets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    Garrosh is as brilliant and competent as the current scene demands him to be. Though he does seem to become more competent the more evil he gets.
    I can't agree with that. It's hard to notice anything competent about him in 5.3 or 5.4. Unless you count him attacking us with his giant balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Garrosh isn't brilliant, Garrosh is going back in time. He know who all the major players are, their tactics, how they were beaten the first time around, what will inspire them yadda yadda

He's this guy -

Even with my knowledge of historical events I doubt I'd be able to go 30 years into the past and get major world forces to agree to attack someone I wanted them to attack
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I can't agree with that. It's hard to notice anything competent about him in 5.3 or 5.4. Unless you count him attacking us with his giant balls.
    On second thought maybe it's just the novels where he becomes more competent. In 5.4 he does fall victim to raidbossitus though it's hard to blame him specifically for that, it happens to just about everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cyber-Dalek Master View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Garrosh going back 30 years? That doesn't seem like a short period of time to me as to training the Iron Horde, but yes, he is somewhat brilliant, though I miss the old Garrosh, he was more fun to bash. (I'm a horde player)
    It says iron horde was constructed in 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

garosh won me with his conversation with goblin captain on zeppelin

captain "what kind of madman would rush in alliance fleet while fighting dragons"

garosh "a fookin WINNER!"

10+ Year Old Account
    He gets props for turning around the Horde's situation in Cata (less so for being a shit ruler and eventually gutting the orcs), but he's just a tool to get the gears moving in WoD. I'm pretty sure most characters could do what he's accomplished if they had time travelling dragons helping them every step of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    He's not brilliant, just poorly written.
    Yup. You guys are giving him an awful lot of credit that he doesn't deserve.

All of that makes sense,just as much as when you see a Night Elf hunter using one of the in game sniper rifles.

He didn't do anything,it just "fits" the overall theme of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    He didn't do any of that... the Gods of horrific lore writing handed him all that as it was their wish - and Garrosh is just publicly claiming them as his own.
    Well, regardless of how he was written, we have to take that as canon.

I think it's pretty dumb how broxxigar was able to wound SARGERAS with a shiny enchanted axe, but that's the way it is.

People don't like that the force is just midi chlorians in a jedi's blood, but... again, that's the way it is.

And as my common go-to, I think Sylvannas is a terribly written, angsty hipster pussball of a character, but she still leads the forsaken (after her five ass whoopings, including two deaths) for reasons that god only knows.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Garrosh wasn't brilliant, all his enemies were just completely incompetent and pathetically weak. Garrosh was just slightly less stupid than them, along with the ability to pull as many resources from the sky as he wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh is indeed poorly written, but he brings the Orcs from mud huts to a war machine, on Azeroth! Then he goes back to a time of Orcs in.... what is essentially nothing of note and makes them into the biggest war machine in a short number of years.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Garrosh is indeed poorly written, but he brings the Orcs from mud huts to a war machine, on Azeroth! Then he goes back to a time of Orcs in.... what is essentially nothing of note and makes them into the biggest war machine in a short number of years.
    In WoD he is again magically making everything you need appear, along with completing massive building operations and training professionals in vocations they've never heard of as well as turning a tribal culture into an industrial juggernaut that dwarfs any of the races he got a few of the plans from in terms of tech within two years, is just idiotic writing. Garrosh should be ignored as a character completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    In WoD he is again magically making everything you need appear, along with completing massive building operations and training professionals in vocations they've never heard of as well as turning a tribal culture into an industrial juggernaut that dwarfs any of the races he got a few of the plans from in terms of tech within two years, is just idiotic writing. Garrosh should be ignored as a character completely.
    Maybe everyone else wasn't trying hard enough.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Orcs seem to get shit done no matter what intellect level. Garrosh made them get a lot of shit done.

Orcs seem to get shit done no matter what intellect level. Garrosh made them get a lot of shit done.
    Imagine if they waited just 2 more years, they would have been able to conquer the universe with star ships to rival the protoss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Sadly he forgot to take "Winning for dummies" with him so they gonna get owned by few adventuring scrubs in no time.