No automatic instance resets please

I'm leveling my prot pala solely by soloing instances and I feel liek I'm getting a really good grasp of the class by doing it. Anyway, I'm at 82 now and trying to solo Cata instances that take such long time that I can't really do a whole instance in one session. Sadly, everytime I log back in a few hours later the instance has been automatically reset and I have to try soloing in time again. I've tried not logging off my character at all, but a certain time it just disconnects me. I wonder why there even is such system and why I can't choose to remove it? It's not really adding any purpose. They can reset instances every morning, but I at least want to be able to log off for a bit and then continue with the instance a couple of hours later. Thoughts?

The trash in 5-man instances is always reset after 2 hours, as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    The trash in 5-man instances is always reset after 2 hours, as far as I know.
    Pretty sure this applies to raids too, unless they upped it.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    I wonder why there even is such system [...] It's not really adding any purpose.
    It does. Not gameplay-wise, but in a technical way. The server somehow has to "remember" the state of every instance that is running. Normal difficulty 5 mans are usually cleared (or abandoned) in less than one hour. The server checks if there are old instances which (in most cases ^.^) no one cares about anymore and deletes them in order to keep its memory "clean".

The auto-logoff also serves the purpose of reducing (again, in most cases) unnecessary server load...

I don't know why you'd try to solo Cata instances on a level 82, but it's not really something the game is built to accomodate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't know why you'd try to solo Cata instances on a level 82, but it's not really something the game is built to accomodate.
    Neither is soloing current raid content, but people still try and some even succeed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    For raids it has been changed to 4hours I think.
    That's only if you're inside, though, right?

I'm pretty sure soft reset is still 30 minutes for five mans and raids if no one is in the instance, unless I missed a change recently?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    I at least want to be able to log off for a bit and then continue with the instance a couple of hours later. Thoughts?
    You can try AFKing inside the instance rather than logging out outside. That will at least prolong the reset period.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |