Deleted

Warcraft Logs - Garrosh MC's

Hey guys,

looked around but couldn't find anything on the issue that clarified it.

on garrosh, is it possible to check who did what damage on the mind controlled players?

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FCYgVzKHTp4mQqG8

Much love xxx

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...aken&by=target

I think you'd have to drag and select an area to see a specific MC. There may be better ways but mine is one!

I know this is slightly off topic but if you are able to push him to P3 before the 2nd intermission, and finish P3 before the 2nd whirling, it would make the fight so much easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkd View Post
    I know this is slightly off topic but if you are able to push him to P3 before the 2nd intermission, and finish P3 before the 2nd whirling, it would make the fight so much easier.
    Erm we do stop dps at certain points in the fight, but how would it be easier specifically?
    Thanks xxx

Damage Taken tab -> Taken From Source sub-tab -> Look at every player

Quote Originally Posted by sphinxhunter View Post
    Erm we do stop dps at certain points in the fight, but how would it be easier specifically?
    Thanks xxx
    Well, the way you are doing it kinda increases your chances of failure by prolonging the fight. Say you stop dps at a certain point and cheese the 2nd intermission. You come out, he's at 30% hp and 80 something% energy. So you have to deal with dpsing the boss for that phase while having desecrates, MCs and whirlings, then once you are finished with that, there's another phase with more desecrates, MCs, whirlings and explosions. It puts an additional strain on everybody and you are likely to make mistakes.

Wouldn't it be easier if you just skipped that entire section of the P2 and went immediately to P3? Pop heroism and whatever cooldowns you have and burn the sucka. P4 doesn't really need some crazy dps, it just needs a proper execution.

I'm saying all this because my guild had similar issues, but once we went this way it was a breeze essentially. I say 'breeze', you still can't make mistakes and all, but it does make the fight more likely to end in P4 instead of being overwhelmed by all the nonsense from the previous phases.

Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Brown View Post
    Hi, Rogerbrown here,

Mind controls should never be an issue. In fact with your guild's gear you shouldn't even have to interrupt them if everyone is switching and nuking. Make sure everyone is switching a nuking a MC. Dot classes will have more issues with MCs but they should still be killed withn 1-2 seconds after he cast it.
    Uuuhm... Yea, that's totally not what he asked.

And for what I actually wanted to comment on:

Well, the way you are doing it kinda increases your chances of failure by prolonging the fight. Say you stop dps at a certain point and cheese the 2nd intermission. You come out, he's at 30% hp and 80 something% energy. So you have to deal with dpsing the boss for that phase while having desecrates, MCs and whirlings, then once you are finished with that, there's another phase with more desecrates, MCs, whirlings and explosions. It puts an additional strain on everybody and you are likely to make mistakes.

Wouldn't it be easier if you just skipped that entire section of the P2 and went immediately to P3? Pop heroism and whatever cooldowns you have and burn the sucka. P4 doesn't really need some crazy dps, it just needs a proper execution.

I'm saying all this because my guild had similar issues, but once we went this way it was a breeze essentially. I say 'breeze', you still can't make mistakes and all, but it does make the fight more likely to end in P4 instead of being overwhelmed by all the nonsense from the previous phases.

Hope it helps.

While it's true that it simplifies alot, I had a different experience during progression of the boss with our alt raid - our healers would be pretty damn low on mana by the time we got to the intermission, so it was a chance for them to regen to full and get all the raid cds ready. We had the option of either pushing it and dealing with 1 whirl with our healers pretty mana starved, and just whatever cooldowns we used for the first whirl we did. Waiting gave us the chance to use far more cds for the two emp whirls (as we could spread the cds from third whirl out).
    EG, right now their cds might look something like this:
    Intermission uses Barrier+Smoke bomb.
    Whirl 1: Shell+Devo.
    Whirl 2: Warr cds+AG/tide.
    Whirl 3: Shell+Devo.

Waiting would let you get AG/Tide on one, and Warrcds + shell + devo on other (maybe even shell both with good timing/luck), while right now it'd just be Shell+Devo (maybe AG?).
    Everything isn't about simplifying stuff - it's about getting through the fight.

Could you not just click the Damage Taken tab, click Taken From Source on the left and then click Friendly Fire Only on the right?

See if link works.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    While it's true that it simplifies alot, I had a different experience during progression of the boss with our alt raid - our healers would be pretty damn low on mana by the time we got to the intermission, so it was a chance for them to regen to full and get all the raid cds ready. We had the option of either pushing it and dealing with 1 whirl with our healers pretty mana starved, and just whatever cooldowns we used for the first whirl we did. Waiting gave us the chance to use far more cds for the two emp whirls (as we could spread the cds from third whirl out).
    EG, right now their cds might look something like this:
    Intermission uses Barrier+Smoke bomb.
    Whirl 1: Shell+Devo.
    Whirl 2: Warr cds+AG/tide.
    Whirl 3: Shell+Devo.

Waiting would let you get AG/Tide on one, and Warrcds + shell + devo on other (maybe even shell both with good timing/luck), while right now it'd just be Shell+Devo (maybe AG?).
    Everything isn't about simplifying stuff - it's about getting through the fight.
    I don't know man, I've just checked our first kill video and our healers are at 75% mana the moment we transition him to P3.
    Also, I don't know if you noticed, but during the 2nd intermission they aren't attacking the boss, they are just standing in the back and cheesing it and so the boss ends up getting too much energy. So when they come back they've got all the abilities empowered even before P3. Which means that not only do they get too many whirlings, but are probably running out of room from empowered desecrates, and on top of that they have to transition the boss from P2 to P3 just right. Saving cooldowns sounds nice, but a lot of them are not reaching their full potential when people run around in all that chaos.
    Of course, I'm not saying it's not doable, it's just higher risk and the fight ends up being 2 minutes longer.

I don't know man, I've just checked our first kill video and our healers are at 75% mana the moment we transition him to P3.
    Also, I don't know if you noticed, but during the 2nd intermission they aren't attacking the boss, they are just standing in the back and cheesing it and so the boss ends up getting too much energy. So when they come back they've got all the abilities empowered even before P3. Which means that not only do they get too many whirlings, but are probably running out of room from empowered desecrates, and on top of that they have to transition the boss from P2 to P3 just right. Saving cooldowns sounds nice, but a lot of them are not reaching their full potential when people run around in all that chaos.
    Of course, I'm not saying it's not doable, it's just higher risk and the fight ends up being 2 minutes longer.
    They have the way they do it. They like the way they do it. Some off topic "lol do it our way" post isn't going to sway them. We afk terrace too. Theres no right or wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    They have the way they do it. They like the way they do it. Some off topic "lol do it our way" post isn't going to sway them. We afk terrace too. Theres no right or wrong way.
    Which is why I said that it's doable their way, just longer and riskier. Besides, I am not trying to 'sway' anybody by 'lol do it our way' method. I was simply trying to save them from wiping too much with a strategy that doesn't require re-learning anything, it just cuts a chunk of the fight out completely, that is all.

Deleted
    Which is why I said that it's doable their way, just longer and riskier. Besides, I am not trying to 'sway' anybody by 'lol do it our way' method. I was simply trying to save them from wiping too much with a strategy that doesn't require re-learning anything, it just cuts a chunk of the fight out completely, that is all.
    hehe
    we may look at trying your way tbh! (in the future)
    questions!
    pushing him before the interphase, what do we still get in P3 or rather what don't we get?
    do we get empowered whirling? therefore adds?
    the extra hp on MC's is minor and doesnt make difference tbh

IIRC our healers need the interphase for the mana, but thats not to say they couldnt be "swayed" :P

Once you reach P3 he gets 100% energy no matter what, so you get pretty much everything empowered at that point. Basically you go from <25% to 100%, instead of <25% -> ~80% -> 100% when you afk the intermission.

Quote Originally Posted by sphinxhunter View Post
    hehe
    we may look at trying your way tbh! (in the future)
    questions!
    pushing him before the interphase, what do we still get in P3 or rather what don't we get?
    do we get empowered whirling? therefore adds?
    the extra hp on MC's is minor and doesnt make difference tbh

IIRC our healers need the interphase for the mana, but thats not to say they couldnt be "swayed" :P
    You still get all of that stuff in P3, but if you push him while he's doing whirling you get free 1-4% damage on him since he will drop below 10%.
    Order in P3: weapon, MC's, empowered whirling, weapon, MC's, weapon, empowered whirling. You want to push him before 2nd whirling.

Our kill: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...4#type=summary

You might have a more favorable healer comp than paladin/priest (a resto shaman, perhaps?).
    And... Of course I know what they're doing? Cheesing terrace is/was the default for a few months before item upgrades (before you could reliably push P3 without top tier dps). If he's at 12-13% as he should be, this means he'll do:
    1: Empowered desecrate (placed in a far off location by baiters).
    2: Empowered MCs (he would have these anyway).
    3: Empowered whirl (he would have this anyway).
    4: Empowered desecrate (also placed far away).
    Then you'd either get the last MC before P3, or you'll transistion him.
    So you get a whole 2x empowered desecrates that will be "filling up" the room. It's... Nothing, really. They don't do jack. We place 2x desecrates on the throne (on throne, right of throne), then we go to the left side of the room, fill 3 desecrates into the top left corner of the room in P2. We go into P2.5, go to the right side. Fill in the missing desecrate on the throne for our "triforce" pattern to be complete there, then we have the entire right side of the room to spread in for whirl. Desec drops right after whirl somewhere in that area. We push into P3, get the initial desecrate on the right side of the room (ranged basicly standing still nuking untill desec happens).
    We now have most of left side, the entire entrance area and possibly some of right side to deal with P3. We get two desecrates. One right after adds, one right before second whirling. There's *plenty* of space.
    We don't even kill desecrates in our raid, and we're not running out of space - them being empowered or not doesn't matter *at all*.