Maps You''d Like to See

I was curious as to what maps people would like to see added in.

Personally I would like to see a more standard MOBA map added in where the only outside objectives are creeps in the jungles and a Golem that will respawn every so often and allow for one player to be revived (similar to Roshan in Dota).

Deleted
    1) Deathmatch (Arena from Smite)
    2) A map based in Icecrown.
    3) A map based in Tristram Cathedral
    4) A map based in Korhal (the Media Blitz mission in SC2:WoL).

I think it would be fun to see some sort of tarren mill Vs. South shore. and anything based in tristram would be sweet

Deleted
    yeah I would like games thematic maps myself

I'd definitely like to see some different tile sets. All the buildings look like they're part of the Alliance right now. I'd like some Horde themed stuff as well as being influenced by the other 2 franchises as well. Angelic/Demonic/Terran/Protoss/Zerg buildings, minions, mercs and maps overall.

As for a specific event based map, I'd like one based on the SC2 mission The Devil's Playground where periodically lower portions of the map are flooded with lava. Obviously both bases and any merc camps would need to be on higher ground, possibly some objectives that are in the lava flood plain making them more difficult to capture/activate. And maybe some high ground safe spots scattered around the map that you could run to so as to escape the lava . Of course a safe spot isn't necessarily safe if you and players from the opposing team both try to go there...

I think a Zerg map would be especially cool. Make a minor transition into a SC (resources) mechanic by having several points on the map to capture (like in dragonshrine). After so long, those objectives will start spawning zerglings for your team to push with your minion waves.

This would probably be as close to your "traditional" moba map you could probably go without actually making a traditional moba map.

You could probably add some other sort of twist to this - something to do with killing those spawning zerglings (maybe a queen who gets pissed that you keep killing so many zerglings). So the trade off would be: either have a ton of little zergling minions pushing for your team, or killing them all and gaining more powerful queens or something.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    I'd definitely like to see some different tile sets. All the buildings look like they're part of the Alliance right now. I'd like some Horde themed stuff as well as being influenced by the other 2 franchises as well. Angelic/Demonic/Terran/Protoss/Zerg buildings, minions, mercs and maps overall.

As for a specific event based map, I'd like one based on the SC2 mission The Devil's Playground where periodically lower portions of the map are flooded with lava. Obviously both bases and any merc camps would need to be on higher ground, possibly some objectives that are in the lava flood plain making them more difficult to capture/activate. And maybe some high ground safe spots scattered around the map that you could run to so as to escape the lava . Of course a safe spot isn't necessarily safe if you and players from the opposing team both try to go there...
    That was actually the first thought that came to my head, interestingly enough. I was thinking the lava idea but with only one safe spot in the middle (or each teams base) and have a Grave Golem Merc camp/multiple smaller merc camps/the map objective up there. Getting knocked into the lava wouldn't be insta-death per se, but have it hurt a ton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hellfire Peninsula/Citadel. Fel Reaver,Crust Burster Worms,etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would like a water based map.

In the middle you would have a big mega boss liek a grave golem, but instead it would be Azshara, who would flood the enemies side of the map(more on this later).

The goal of the map is to get a giant kraken on your side by feeding him murlocs which are all over the map but you can only hold so many of them and can be dropped on death. If you wait too long the murlocs can become free and you kill have to kill them again. The Kraken will damage enemy structures and stun heroes if it happens to catch them.

Now to the merc camps, you will have two types. One is Water Elementals who will flood the lane that they belong to damaging enemy minions each wave and doing range damage(though will only one so will do as much damage as a single giant will do. The second will be a murloc camp who will rush the lane, being easy to kill but will do a significant damage to what ever it comes across in the lane(these murlocs can not be used to feed the kraken).

Flooding a lane will increase your speed if you are moving with the current and slow you down if you are moving against it.

I have been thinking about something like this for a while.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

First thing I really want to see is a StarCraft based map. And hopefully they won't implement more maps that are all centered around Heroes turning into a DK or Plant thingy. Would like to see more stuff like Blackhearts Bay or something completely different

Deleted
    Starcraft 2 based map of course , and with it some Heroes from SC and Diablo franchise...

Too many Warcraft Heroes and yet many more to come...

I posted on the forums my ideas for maps based on several map themes here

Without going into detail as I did in my forum post here is just a list of maps I want.

Warcraft: Zul'Aman/Zul'Gurub, Blackwing Lair/Decent, and/or an Ulduar map.

Diablo: A Heaven vs Hell map (like in act 4 but with more hell influence).

Starcraft: A Space Platform map with stars and planets in the background.
    World of Warcraft: Level 60 Blood Elf Holy Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see a desert themed map and a space platform map.

I definitely want to see some kind of indoor/underground map of some kind. Not really counting the mines portion of haunted mines, all of the maps so far have been overworlds with jungles. The most unique in that regard has been Blackheart's but that's still an overworld map, really.

A Timeless Isle one would be cool, with random mobs popping up.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

a Nat Pagle fishing competition would be pretty cool. Teams of 5-8 all fish/disrupt the other team from fishing to feed a huge monster on their team. When the monster gets enough food he goes on a rampage destroying the other team's base.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Zul'Aman would be an interesting one - four bosses spawning in four corners of the map simultaneously, with Zul'jin in the middle. One for each Loa aspect. Killing the boss and capturing its point grants your team a Loa buff, and when all four are killed Zul'jin will send large waves of strong minions down the corresponding lanes for each buff your team has.

So, if both teams take their side top and bottom Loas, Amani trolls run for both teams towards top and bot lane. If one team takes both top and one bottom, they get a double-wave of trolls top while the other team gets none top.

Decisions would have to be made to take your "safer" Loas first or do ballsy invades to the enemy side. As well as how much to commit to pushing with your troll waves and how much to defend with, like with Haunted Mines.

Even better if they can give the Loa aspects their WoW abilities and have one "easy" and one "hard" boss per side - Bear with random charge/knockback, Eagle with adds to AoE, DHawk with fire to avoid and Lynx with high single-target damage requiring a tanky Warrior or aggro-swapping.
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2014-11-10 at 07:45 AM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I definitely want to see some kind of indoor/underground map of some kind. Not really counting the mines portion of haunted mines, all of the maps so far have been overworlds with jungles. The most unique in that regard has been Blackheart's but that's still an overworld map, really.
    I am a self-fulfilling prophecy! The Spider Queen map looks brilliant.

As does the Diablo map. Art for the egypt map is nice but dunno if I'm down with the guardian capture point design.

Now if we can just get a Starcraft map set in space...