Poll: How much money have you spent on WoW?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I've thought about this many times. I'd love a statement from Blizz for the exact amount. I have no idea how much I've spent though.

WoW SEx3
    TBC SE
    TBC CE
    WotLK CE
    Cata CE
    MoP CE
    SC2 CE
    An almost consistent monthly sub since 2005.
    Numerous name changes.
    Numerous cosmetic changes.
    Numerous faction changes.
    Numerous race changes.
    Numerous realm changes.
    Everything in the pet store.
    A couple of TCG loot cards.
    A couple of Blizzcon streams.
    Account verify thing.
    Plus all the comic book hardbacks and several of the DC Unlimited figures.

I plan on purchasing the D3 CE's, HotS CE and two Blizzcon murloc pets and a rooster mount. That's at least another 1,300 there already.

Then add it all up and convert it to NZD. I think I might throw up now.

The good thing is I'm running out of WoW related things to buy.

I was subscribed on and off since 2005, so perhaps 600 euro for the sub. A few characters race changes and server moves is about 200 euro. The expansions are around 500 euro I assume, so 1500 in total, which is not that much for 10 years I guess
    Last edited by Xsy; 2014-06-14 at 10:22 AM.
    1001 0111 0011 0111 1000 0101

10+ Year Old Account
    Let see

14.99x12 x 7= 1256.16
    Every Expansion 40$ a pop x6 = 240$
    Faction Changes 70$
    WoW pets and Mounts 75$
    Capped off some alts with boost 60 x6 = 360

Grand Total of $ 2001.16

Unless there is something I missed give or take maybe a 100$

10+ Year Old Account
    Me personally? Maybe 1000. What I made my mum pay? 5k+ easily

Near or roughly near 2k with sub fees, games and name/faction/race changes, give or take a few hundred.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Well... I'd have to consider:
    Vanilla CE
    TBC CE
    WOTLK CE x 2 (One still unopened, due to buying one for a friend who already bought his own)
    Cata CE
    MoP CE

Account activated Nov'04. (Minus a few months I haven't played... but at one stage I quit after buying 6 months worth of gameplay)

Plus.. I know I have Faction / Server transferred about 12 times (6 times to Horde then 6 times back to Alliance), race changed about 5 times and server transferred 3 times.

I have bought maybe 6 battlepets when on special : Pandaren Monk / Moonkin / Ragnaros / Lil KT / Lil XT / Cinder Kitten

Yeah. Quite a bit.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Over $5,000 for sure. I used to be a real crack whore for Race & Faction Changes back in Cataclysm,
    Haha, indeed. I think spent ~2k on race/faction changes alone. I just like variation in this regard - and when I change faction with my main, usually, I take some other chars with it. All this adds up after a while.
    My most expensive single purchase probably was the Vanilla CE and some of the older Blizzcon stuff, though, striking at ~500$ each.

That said, I also spent quite a bit on TCG pets which I only bought to sell them on the AH afterwards.

Roughly around 2k+ easily over over 9 years with periods of hiatus every expansion.

But then again, I can easily spend 2k within 2 months if I was on my original spendings prior to WoW.

#NOREGRETS

Well I've been subbed on 1 account since Jan '05 which I've bought Vanilla, BC, Wrath, Cata (And later redeemed an additional CE code on), MoP deluxe edition and prebought WoD deluxide edition, subbed on a second account from 3.2-4.0 which I bought Wrath and Cata for, bought 1-2 mounts, 4-5 pets, bought 2 cata bundle editions for RAF accounts so I could use BoAs (In MoP, so cheap). Ontop of that I've transfered maybe 10 characters cross-server and of that 10 2 were also faction transfers. Faction transfered my Paladin Horde and Back as well.

So easily in the 1k-5k bracket. Still don't get invited to betas unless I buy access with APs :<

Deleted
    Just went throught it, and it all adds up some 1k bucks. In retrospective I wouldn't trade this time and the money I spent ingame is just little thing compared to some other things it cost me.

I've found countless new friends.
    For 1k of money spent on the game I've perfected my english into form most (foreign) people don't achieve in a lifetime.
    I've enjoyed countlesss days of fun.

Some drawbacks though.

The fact that it became more of a lifestyle than a pure form of entertainment
    This sedetary lifestyle is detrimental to my physical health (back pain, eyes..)
    Probably cost me a year of school (that same way this happens for some people that spend their time elswhere.) But this is not 100% fact, as there might have been other factors.

So the 1k USD is a very little compared to all that if you think about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft

Subscription 12.2.06 - 10.1.14 : 1040,28 € ( in the beginning i used gamecards but later i payed 3 or 6 months subs)

The game itself: 487.39€ (all CE but also normal boxes)

Charachter services: 68€ (2 Server transfers , 1 name change and 1 race change)

No pets , mounts or anything virtual so 0€ here.

Miscellaneous stuff like books and Blizzcon virtual ticket. 129.86€

So in total: 1725,53 € or 2336,34 $ in 8 years.

That would be about ~215 € / 291 $ per year.

Just for a comparison. I already spend 522€ on music related stuff this year

---

Starcraft
    StarCraft 1 Box ~6€ / BW Box ~6€
    StarCraft 2 WoL CE 66,99€ / HotS CE 54,88€
    I don't think tickets for ESL stuff or WCS Finals count?

Diablo
    Diablo 1 10€ cheap dvd box though
    Diablo 2 Box ~15€ LoD Box: 8€
    Diablo 3 CE 81,49€ RoS CE 81,49€

WarCraft

WarCraft 2 Box 8,50€
    WarCraft 3 CD (can't remember anymore) TFT CD ~14-17€ (but i can remember where i bought it! haha)
    WarCraft 3 CE 69,90€

yeah i made a big excel list but a lot of stuff was guessed or because i found my buyers receipt.
    The more recent stuff is pretty exact because of pre ordering online

So in Total that would be another 425€ / 575 $ on top of wow.
    Last edited by Xe4ro; 2014-06-14 at 02:27 PM.
    Druid since Feb. 06

15+ Year Old Account
    9 years of subs, faction changes, etc, I have spent nearly $2200

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather not know how much I've spent on WoW because I have had fun playing it. Whatever I spent on WoW and other Blizzard games has been worth it to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    If i am allowed to count up everything i bought World of Warcraft Related then,

6x World of Warcraft books estimating = 150 euros.
    2x Trade Card Game Box = 250 euros
    38 months of sub time = 570 euros
    1x World of Warcraft mouse = 100 euros
    1x World of Warcraft Keyboard = 100 euros
    1x AUTHENTICATOR = 10 euros
    8x Race Change = 160 euros
    2x Character transfer = 40 euros
    1x Blizzcon ticket online = 30 euros.

That all will end up on 1310 euros i spent on World of Warcraft in last 3+ years.

(And not counting the boxses i bought cause i forgot price)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Subbed on and off since 2007... various realm transfers and faction changes.. tbh I don't even want to think about it I never bought anything from the store though, and never will.

I have no idea and I'm too lazy to count it but maybe someone else can do it for me:

Played since late vanilla, still subbed as of now. Bought the regular editions except for Cata and MoP, which were collector. Also bought a single race change. Good challenge to count it for me :P

A maximum of $1665 on my subscription, give or take. I've gotten a few free months of game time over the years, so realistically it's a bit less than that. I've purchased each expansion at launch, so that's, what, $40 for each? Up to $1865. Then I've purchased a couple realm transfers, so $2000 is probably a good estimate for what I've spend on this game in the last 9 years (and 3 months).

That's about $200 a year, way less than I spend on, say, gas. Not bad at all.

Every expansion at release price & 5-10 years of subscription fees, one character transfer and one re customization? Yeah probably $1000+

$10 when the monk pet + TRH was on sale

All, but classic WoW CE versions

Subbed since Nov '04

Too lazy to add it up but I figure a few thousand...

I've never spent any more than $60 for any other game too so props to Blizz through the good and the bad.
    Stay salty my friends.