10+ Year Old Account

New Toggle Option for One Handers

With Monks having the ability to sheathe 1 handers on the back do you think this should be a options for all classes? Perhaps a toggle in options? Or at the transmog vendor?

I don't see any technical issues with this. (It's in the game already to a extent)

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    With Monks having the ability to sheathe 1 handers on the back do you think this should be a options for all classes? Perhaps a toggle in options? Or at the transmog vendor?

I don't see any technical issues with this. (It's in the game already to a extent)
    I would LOVE that. I really hope they do it at some point.

Realistically, back-sheathing weapons has horrible functionality. There is no way to unsheath a weapon from your back better than to unsheath a weapon from your waste. Even with massive two-handed weapons, most people carried them around in their hands if actually using the thing was a likely possibility. Sheathing a weapon on your back is purely for extended storage.

In that sense, it actually makes sense for Monks to sheath their weapons on their backs. They don't whip them out nearly as much as any other melee DPS (assuming you use Glyph of Jab, which, in my opinion, you just look silly without it).

wITHOUT Glyph of Jab, Monks sheathing their weapons on their back is beyond stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Realistically, back-sheathing weapons has horrible functionality. There is no way to unsheath a weapon from your back better than to unsheath a weapon from your waste. Even with massive two-handed weapons, most people carried them around in their hands if actually using the thing was a likely possibility. Sheathing a weapon on your back is purely for extended storage.
    Ah, but this is WoW. Realistic ways of doing anything have been tossed out of the window a very long time ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I would LOVE that. I really hope they do it at some point.
    It seems like something that would be a minor change but I'm sure plenty of people would welcome. Wonder who the best dev to tweet about this would be?

Realistically, back-sheathing weapons has horrible functionality. There is no way to unsheath a weapon from your back better than to unsheath a weapon from your waste.

Id rather put my sword behind my shield rather then THROUGH. dem clippings.. so yes i support this
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

In that sense, it actually makes sense for Monks to sheath their weapons on their backs. They don't whip them out nearly as much as any other melee DPS (assuming you use Glyph of Jab, which, in my opinion, you just look silly without it).

wITHOUT Glyph of Jab, Monks sheathing their weapons on their back is beyond stupid.
    And yet the only real time our characters are sheathed is in safe scenarios. So it still works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Want that so I can sheathe my weapon and just bash along with my shield drawn ^^
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love a toggle option that disables this for my monk :X

Majority of items, specifically maces and axes look horrible on my monk's back so I'm forced to use swords as transmog or use those two beer mugs that don't show up on your back at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've long advocated for this. Clearly it's not a difficult change to make, and my transmog options on my frost DK are pretty much limited to shoulder sheath. Waist sheath looks awful and exxagerates how bad the walk cycle animations are. They simply swing back and forth, and it's really distracting and ugly. Plus if I had swords IRLs I would definitely shoulder them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been wanting a feature like this since transmog became an option. I've sent so many tweets about it and no reply... I really wish there were more axes like the ICC ones so I could have some more variety of weapon on my Shaman.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I also tweeted this question to Chris Robinson - got no response, hum ho.

I can't imagine it's an horrendously difficult thing for them to do, just another option in a menu probably alongside the hide helm/cloak. I'm sure they'll say there are lots of artistic issues but I'd call bullshit on that given the amount of clipping that already exists at waist sheathed weapons and existing back sheathed items. On my paladin I actually only transmog to one of two weapons now both of them backsheathed. It's a huge shame because there are dozens of 1H swords in particular that would look rather awesome back-sheathed.

Superlong explanation from a strange looking couple about that

Thank god WoW never was, never is and never will be about realism.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Superlong explanation from a strange looking couple about that

Thank god WoW never was, never is and never will be about realism.
    But suggesting that you wear plate armor; wouldn't wearing the sword on your back rather than on your waist give you more mobility?

Let's say you're not currently fighting and are just walking around, it would be easier to have the weapon on your back due to being more mobile than having an awkwardly large sword on your waist.

Then again, the guy does make sense BUT then again in games we don't have those thingies that hold our swords.

See, the thing is, we don't actually sheath our weapons- there are no sheaths that necessitate a straight draw.

For holding a sword, axe or something else on the back, you use other hangers that allow it to be disengaged and swung around to the side, much like the animation most of our characters use.