GW2 Player Count?

So I'm a *little* late the GW2 party, but I figured I might give it a try if there's actually people to play with.

How populated is the game overall?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no official count but they utilize a megaserver technology and there are players everywhere. World boss events are swamped and trigger multiple overflows. The only thing your home world matters for is WvW, some of the lower tier servers don't have as high participation/round the clock numbers as the higher ones but even still they are active during prime time. Just to give you an idea there are currently over 18k WvW raiding guilds with anywhere from 25 to 100 new guilds joining in the fray every day. No idea how many PvE guilds there are but before megaserver there was at least 5x PvE guilds over WvW guilds on my server.

I've seen 4 more servers tip from High to Very High in the last month so new players are joining all the time.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2014-06-13 at 11:41 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Thanks. I'll have to buy the game once I'm back from vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by A Non O Moose View Post
    How populated is the game overall?
    I'd say, too populated after Megaserver addition. Some events are really crowded.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteResistance View Post
    I'd say, too populated after Megaserver addition. Some events are really crowded.
    This.

After Megaservers the game is far too crowded for certain events, specifically world bosses.

It has the same issues as any MMo in that the high pop realms have ques to get into certain areas, specifically WvW. You will find that WvW is one of the main parts to GW2 so if u like world PvP then u will love this game

Yeah, that's true. The other side of popularity.

Deleted
    Plenty people to meet that's for sure.

Yeah it's very populated, but I haven't had any trouble with that yet. Some events come back more often as well, which I don't mind when leveling a little.