In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Putin #1

No I am not a paid shill. Go Putin!!!1
    If you're not a paid shill you're probably a hipster.

Wow! Sure a lot of Putin going on.

lolsy so much putin
    Now you all see - mmoc is just a part of a long going kgb plan

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    'Murica hates Obama.
    Isn't this a good reason to love him ?
    Oh, hi.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Stephen Harper is objectively the best leader as Canada is in the best overall shape of all the G8 countries.

So many people voting for Putin... What a disgrace this board is. If you're a non-Russian voting for Putin, wow.
    If you ask me though I liked minority government Harper a lot better than I like majority government Harper. Plus his government's new prostitution laws they proposed are a fucking joke that fail to meet the concerns over which the supreme court overturned the current laws to begin with.

But with 4 votes, considering Canada's level of representation on this forum, I think he's doing pretty good.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I voted for Abe because his government is the only one demonstrating that it knows what being a sovereign nation issuing its own fiat currency with a floating exchange rate regime means for its economy. (Unfortunately for the Euro zone leaders, their countries no longer fall into this category)

You mean G7, there is no G8, Russia got kicked for behaving badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am offended that I am still not on this list!

Deleted
    None

/10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Putin because he's the most interesting of them all, with Angela Merkel in a bit distant 2nd place. I love to read about what Russia is doing.

I picked Obama for personal reasons, but I wish there were more options available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I picked Obama for personal reasons, but I wish there were more options available.
    Vote for me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I hate all of those, this is why I am not a politician.
    I'm going to take this stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    If you ask me though I liked minority government Harper a lot better than I like majority government Harper. Plus his government's new prostitution laws they proposed are a fucking joke that fail to meet the concerns over which the supreme court overturned the current laws to begin with.

But with 4 votes, considering Canada's level of representation on this forum, I think he's doing pretty good.
    Heh...I voted for Merkel, and would even go Obama ahead of Harper. Frankly, our economy being in good shape is more a fluke that the powers of the wonderful Conservative party (that and the fact that we are so heavily resource based and China was mostly untouched for much of the recession)

You are right, minority conservatives were FAR better than the current majority.

It's going to be a while, but the new prostitution law will also be struck down. I find it beyond ridiculous that 2 17 year olds could be charged if they're in a public place - alone - just the two of them - because each of them is in the area with a "minor"

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want be an ass, but the G8 is not composed by the 8 greatest economies.

Is more like the "cool guys club".

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post

The G7 was world's 7 richest countries a decade ago. Today it's the West's 6 richest countries plus the highly Westernized Japan.

And it's the one that matters. The world tried the G20. Remember when Obama announced in Pittsburgh that it would replace the G8 as the key place to make decisions?

Yeah that lasted all of one year and the G20 is back to relevance. Why? Because getting 20 countries with almost nothing in common to agree, when one of those countries is China especially, is foolhardy.

And frankly, the West and the Rich World need its own forums to meet and strategize without interference from emerging markets and their limitless persecution complex. The BRICs is a nice grouping and all... but compared to the G8? It's nothing.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    The G7 was world's 7 richest countries a decade ago. Today it's the West's 6 richest countries plus the highly Westernized Japan.

And it's the one that matters. The world tried the G20. Remember when Obama announced in Pittsburgh that it would replace the G8 as the key place to make decisions?

Yeah that lasted all of one year and the G20 is back to relevance. Why? Because getting 20 countries with almost nothing in common to agree, when one of those countries is China especially, is foolhardy.

And frankly, the West and the Rich World need its own forums to meet and strategize without interference from emerging markets and their limitless persecution complex. The BRICs is a nice grouping and all... but compared to the G8? It's nothing.
    Nah, just wanted to say the the title of the topic is wrong. I know the history of G8.
    Also, BRICs sucks.

Putin still in the lead, oh shit MMO-C still got some taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had no idea Italy was in the G8. That's confusing

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post

This makes sense