Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Blizzard have said themselves, 100 is just another arbitrary number to them.

I think I read the game is currently coded to have a maximum level of 255, although that may just be a myth.

With Blizzard now selling character levels for money, the leveling system won't go away anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Yeah I've always wondered why we have to progress upward all the time. Why can't be progress sideways? If you understand my meaning.

But lore-wise, to call every druid or mage a player plays an archdruid or archmage is ridiculous when you know what goes into actually being one in the lore.
    I don't really know what the lore says about becoming an archmage but... Haven't we like saved the whole world about 150 million times by now? We've fought everything. From the Burning Legion to the Lich King. From the Aspects to the Old Gods. Doesn't that kinda qualify us as something more than just a mage?
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Path of the Titans please.
    | Mokenuf | Varianna | Devona | Katzine | Gokkash | Vëcna | Shaggra | Snookí | Vekuh | Segath | Zhìyù | Sierenna | Tyranikus |

Deleted
    and what about the PvP people who don't like questlines ????

Why having a level 95 shaman seemed ok eh? whats your point? A number is just a number?

First of all, using spec names as the "prestige classes" is not a good idea at all (I'm looking at assassin and beastmaster in particular). I like the idea of upgrading your class, but it would really need to be fleshed out more to say whether it's an actual benefit to the game. For instance... could you choose to upgrade to a more versatile class (for classes that don't have a lot of versatility)? Sort of like having symbiosis with another class (and getting something actually useful). If so could you reverse your choice? If not then whats the point of having it? It would be similar to leveling or getting gear, just another gateway in character development.

Am I the only person who thought of this when they read the title: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2P86C-1x3o ?
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I think I read the game is currently coded to have a maximum level of 255, although that may just be a myth.
    At the current rate Blizzard got 30-40 years worth of expansions before the max level reaches 255, I don't think that cap will ever become an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    End of this expansion BL comes in blows up our Azeroth and we have to go to the AU azeroth and start at level 1 again....i kid
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Deleted
    lvl squish.

I think going higher than level 100 (at least implicitly) would be a poor choice. I expect a prestige or elite mode of sorts to be added, which would you know take just as long as leveling a new tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    The current direction suggests that they plan to do away with levels completely at some point.
    and you base this off...? the current direction suggests 101 is after 100...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    I think going higher than level 100 (at least implicitly) would be a poor choice. I expect a prestige or elite mode of sorts to be added, which would you know take just as long as leveling a new tier.
    it wouldnt be.

Honestly, I feel like this is where the WoW team could take notes from the Diablo team. 100 is a good solid strong number, so lets pull a Diablo after level cap and start introducing elite levels, or prestige levels, or whatever you want to call them. With every elite level we get the usual ding with a small boost to our baseline stats, and then at elite rank 10 we pull an Aion and get to pick a discipline for our class, with a choice of one discipline out of a total of two or three disciplines.

Disciplines all have a different focus for each class, but have an overall theme to each discipline. For example,
    -Warrior can choose between Gladiator discipline and Warlord discipline, picking one will grant you the respective stance that will enable you to use some unique abilities.

Of course, once you reach elite rank 10 you are granted an optional character portrait that incorporates your class crest, as you reach higher ranks of elite levels, you unlock a more prestigious character portrait, while being able to chose which portrait to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Phantasy Star Online ended at lvl200 so it's nothing new to go over 100.

Maybe Level squish? Imagine you go backwards 90 from 100 next expo lol

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    warlock --> necromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    What about a level squish?
    Quote Originally Posted by manu959 View Post
    lvl squish.
    I could see them doing this if they felt it necessary, but I doubt they'll feel the need to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    Well, Phantasy Star Online ended at lvl200 so it's nothing new to go over 100.
    Beat me to it. There are quite a few games where it's possible to level over 100. I want to say the level cap in Anarchy Online is 220 maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    The current direction suggests that they plan to do away with levels completely at some point.
    Urmm ... What? What direction?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am really curious what the level 100 is going to look like in the screen shots or how they fit it all in there, weird but I am curious

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Death Knight -> Death Lord
    Druid -> Archdruid
    Hunter -> Beastmaster
    Mage -> Archmage
    Monk -> Grand Master
    Paladin -> Templar/Judicator/Vindicator
    Priest -> Confessor
    Rogue -> Assassin
    Shaman -> Far Seer
    Warlock -> High Warlock....?
    Warrior -> Warmonger/Berserker

Yes please would love that
    Made a few tweaks for ya.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Blizz originally said their goal with WoW was to hit level 150. I think until then, it will just go forward as is.