Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaljurei View Post
    Mana is pretty much infinite for every melee dps spec, be it Enhancement or Retribution. The only point it should actually use mana is for cast time spells such as Lightning Bolt, Elemental Blast, all healing spells, instant cast spells actually should not cost any mana at all, ex. SS/LL/Shocks, etc.

Elemental Energy can be a new resource, like Demonic Fury as Blithe has suggested, which is generated by SS/LL/Shocks. Autoattacks should only generate MW charges which can be used on LB and EB, and they both should generate Elemental Energy, which is then multiplied by the number of MW stacks to produce more Elemental Energy. Ascendance can be like Metamorphosis, again like Blithe suggested, where all your Elemental Energy constantly reduces per autoattack that hits, but autoattacks do more damage or the same Wind damage as they do now that bypasses armor, and SS/LL/Shocks done during Ascendance generate double the amount of Elemental Energy, but the energy generated this way adds to your Elemental Energy when you cancel Ascendance or your Elemental Energy runs out.

Remember, expansions involve major changes. Yes, Enhancement is quite fine the way it is now, the AOE could be tuned a bit better, and damage from the Elemental could be moved to more specials, but that's it. A resource system through a new expansion could greatly improve the spec and make it more fun than it is now, not to mention mechanically more pleasing than just pressing buttons on cooldown, which although still requires skill because of the priority system.

I'd say the difference between Retribution and Enhancement would be that even though they are both cooldown driven, each button pressed for Retribution actively builds up towards Templar's Verdict or Divine Storm, but for Enhancement it's just damage, which is mechanically not so pleasing. Maelstrom Weapon somewhat alleviates this as SS/LL can generate MW charges, but doesn't quite fit the bill.

Just my 2 cents. If you want any ideas that can go for Elemental and Restoration I'll be happy to oblige, it shouldn't be too difficult, in fact it can pretty much follow the same model, with everything else remaining intact the way it is, with certain other mechanics like Elemental Overload and Lava Surge providing enhanced Elemental Energy regeneration. For Resto, I'm not quite sure as I've never played the spec after Cata.
    You worded that nicely. I agree though still, I like the idea of Shaman getting a similar mechanic to Demonic Fury/Metamorphosis, but just like when the Warlocks were re-done, a lot of people disliked them so there's also that to worry about. It's usually the design that's fine, but the implementation that screws it up.

I don't think *every* class should get a secondary resource, but I see where you're coming from with the mana.

Everyone hates change or at the very least dislikes it. I know of locks who hate the new resource mechanism and I know of those who love it. And I know that, at the very least, and also considering that they are the minority, hardcore raiders who love it, especially ones we see and have given feedback about the new resources.

Not every class may get a secondary resource, some should be just fine with their primary resource, and there are others who have a primary resource and an added mechanic that serves as a pseudo-secondary resource ex. Fury Warriors with RB charges, Fire mages with Heating Up, etc. Enhancement could very well fall under that category, but mana would have to mean something more for Enhancement to prevent any sort of changes in that direction.

Right now, if you look at the general trend, a lot of classes are getting new resources.

Wrath - New DK class with Runes and Runic Power and Priests with Shadow Orbs.
    Cata - Paladins with Holy Power and Boomkins with Solar/Lunar Energy and Hunters with Focus.
    MoP - Warlocks with their various resources, and Monks with Chi.

Arcane Mages always had to conserve their mana to do more damage once Mastery got introduced.

So, mark my words, Shamans will get a new resource eventually, probably next expansion, or one of the next expansions. Also considering that 2 classes got resource changes in the same expansion(except Cata), we either get a new character class next expansion i.e after WoD, or we get 2 existing classes to get new resources. I'm thinking new class PLUS Shaman, or Shaman PLUS existing class, maybe Mages.

Besides that were changes as to how existing resources worked or regenerated ex. Mana. So, nothing's set in stone, and anything can change, but all change should be looked at with an open attitude with none of the "BUT I DON'T WANNA".

They won't change Shaman resources without changing totems, and they haven't given any indication that totem changes are coming. The new Flurry is different enough to make the class feel fresh and updated in WoD without changing so much that its not recognizable since MoP.
    Hekili of <Turbo Cyborg Ninjas>
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon for Shamans, Paladins, Monks, and Hunters.

User Guides:
    Getting Started with Hekili
    Starting from SimulationCraft (How to Import SimC APLs)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    They won't change Shaman resources without changing totems, and they haven't given any indication that totem changes are coming. The new Flurry is different enough to make the class feel fresh and updated in WoD without changing so much that its not recognizable since MoP.
    What Hekili said. I think our Totems aren't a resource but they're more like Druid forms than Solar Power or Energy, let's face it so we shouldn't make that comparison. Flurry will definitely freshen things up but for now let's see how it goes. Blizzard dislikes the idea of us getting a resource system as they don't want everyone to have one, so I can't see us getting one in the future either.

Deleted
    Why not make a combination instead? I'm a bit sad that flurry is gone :/ Why not keep the proc chance, remove the additional 50% haste scaling and add the cd and global cd reduction through haste instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeranox View Post
    Why not make a combination instead? I'm a bit sad that flurry is gone :/ Why not keep the proc chance, remove the additional 50% haste scaling and add the cd and global cd reduction through haste instead?
    Because the old Flurry was a band-aid to make haste valuable, and it's not needed when haste reduces cooldowns/GCD instead.
    Hekili of <Turbo Cyborg Ninjas>
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon for Shamans, Paladins, Monks, and Hunters.

User Guides:
    Getting Started with Hekili
    Starting from SimulationCraft (How to Import SimC APLs)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    Because the old Flurry was a band-aid to make haste valuable, and it's not needed when haste reduces cooldowns/GCD instead.
    What I mean is keep the attack speed increase for 3 attacks proc and just replace the 50% haste scaling with cd/gcd reduction.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I mean is keep the attack speed increase for 3 attacks proc and just replace the 50% haste scaling with cd/gcd reduction.
    There's no real need to. Fury has lost Flurry too, so don't fret.

Well, with our special attacks being used more often, we will not even have time to notice our swing speed changing anyway
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    Well, with our special attacks being used more often, we will not even have time to notice our swing speed changing anyway
    Definitely. I'd much rather our main abilities be affected by Haste than a swing timer that's reduced to 1.3 seconds from 2.6.