Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    You do have the choice, that's what the glyph is for.
    I'm not following. Does the glyph allow you to switch into ground travel form at will? (not being sarcastic)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    I'm not following. Does the glyph allow you to switch into ground travel form at will? (not being sarcastic)
    It gives you a separate button that is exempt from the auto-switching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheetah is the "original" ground travel form.
    Not exactly. The intent was always for the travel form to be a stag, which is why the travel form icon has been a hoof ever since pre-release vanilla beta. The cheetah was a placeholder that never got fixed until Cata.

It gives you a separate button that is exempt from the auto-switching.
    Instead they could just leave it as it is. Those spells were fine, really. And I'd be able to save a minor glyph slot. Shapeshift forms do not need pruning.

I don't get this argument. Am I missing something? Flight Form is always functionally better than land form when available. The only time you would want land over flight is cosmetic.
    Good enough for me. Stag looks rather nice imo.

Also, Raft. I can outrun fliers with that thing in Travel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Not exactly. The intent was always for the travel form to be a stag, which is why the travel form icon has been a hoof ever since pre-release vanilla beta. The cheetah was a placeholder that never got fixed until Cata.
    Wasn't Stag in MoP? They added a new stag model for Pandaria and decided to give us a modified version for Travel.

You guys aren't getting it. Flight form can be used as the new travel form now. Stag Form glyph might allow it to be the new treant form and act as a stag mount.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I had "original" in quotations.

- - - Updated - - -

Instead they could just leave it as it is. Those spells were fine, really. And I'd be able to save a minor glyph slot. Shapeshift forms do not need pruning.
    I would argue that travel pruning is useful for land/water, since hitting those transitions would come up during combat. But having flight be a part of it isn't as necessary. And taking flight out of it makes the glyph unnecessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    My bad there.

- - - Updated - - -

I would argue that travel pruning is useful for land/water, since hitting those transitions would come up during combat. But having flight be a part of it isn't as necessary. And taking flight out of it makes the glyph unnecessary.
    I think it's marginal (at best) usefulness is completely outweighed by the fact that it's unnecessary. They are removing a lot of our actual abilities and merging spells. Shapeshifting forms don't need this treatment. It's fun to shift into cheetah in a flyable area - just for the heck of it, or maybe you're farming herbs and just want to run around. It's a nerf to fun. What's wrong about wanting to shift into cheetah while in the water? Why should it have to be useful? Can't it just be fun?

I maintain that shapeshift forms are a terrible candidate for pruning and I think a lot of druids (at least gauging the official forums) will agree. I suspect druids that don't visit the forums will not like it either, but it's the forum goers that are the vocal ones anyway. I hope I won't see this happen.

Deleted
    Obviously you don't get it. We want the choice. It's a fun ability to use.
    I agree with this. It's not broken. It's not a good candidate for pruning. Just leave it as is.
    Amen to that - looks like blizzard wanna kill the RP part in WoW being a MMORP game
    to make it ready for shit ps4....

I think it's marginal (at best) usefulness is completely outweighed by the fact that it's unnecessary. They are removing a lot of our actual abilities and merging spells. Shapeshifting forms don't need this treatment. It's fun to shift into cheetah in a flyable area - just for the heck of it, or maybe you're farming herbs and just want to run around. It's a nerf to fun. What's wrong about wanting to shift into cheetah while in the water? Why should it have to be useful? Can't it just be fun?

I maintain that shapeshift forms are a terrible candidate for pruning and I think a lot of druids (at least gauging the official forums) will agree. I suspect druids that don't visit the forums will not like it either, but it's the forum goers that are the vocal ones anyway. I hope I won't see this happen.
    Pretty much this, I have never been one to macro any shapeshifts for any reason, it reduces your flexibility.

I mean what if I wanna take a picture underwater as a cheetah? Or divebomb in cheetah form and hit feral charge right before I hit the ground to not die for funzies?

It's just stupid to take these individual spells away. how is having individual shapeshift spells in any way adding to ability clutter? This is not what ability pruning was supposed to be about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Pretty much this, I have never been one to macro any shapeshifts for any reason, it reduces your flexibility.

I mean what if I wanna take a picture underwater as a cheetah? Or divebomb in cheetah form and hit feral charge right before I hit the ground to not die for funzies?

It's just stupid to take these individual spells away. how is having individual shapeshift spells in any way adding to ability clutter? This is not what ability pruning was supposed to be about.
    Exactly. These are some of the most fun moments in wow, taking these silly pictures, trying to do a perfect RAWRbomb and video it, just having fun on your druid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    • Travel Form now automatically transitions between Aquatic, Land, and Flight versions, as is appropriate to the Druid’s location.
      • Glyph of the Stag now teaches the Druid a separate shapeshift ability, Stag Form. Stag Form will not switch between different Travel Form, and allows the Druid to act as a mount for other players. (Source)
    So if I want to be a Stag, I have to be a mount? Lame. I like the Stag travel form, but I don't want to have to cart around lazy players who just see a vehicle arrow and click it.

Sig by Isilrien

The cheetah was a placeholder that never got fixed until Cata.
    But Stag Form came out in Mists...

Here is a link to this same discussion on the main forums, every one who posted here needs to post there voicing their opinions against this horrendous nerf.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...94059?page=1#8

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Simple.... You're in the water, you turn in a seal, you are on land you turn into a cheetah..... But how the hell does it know that I wanna be a bird not a cheetah?
    Do I have to turn into cheetah first and then it turns me into a bird? 2 button clicks instead of one would hardly be ability pruning.
    Am I missing something?

Stag is a separate form aside from the standards btw.
    Same way a flying mount decides you want to fly, jump.

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    So if I want to be a Stag, I have to be a mount? Lame. I like the Stag travel form, but I don't want to have to cart around lazy players who just see a vehicle arrow and click it.
    No, you just need to stay on the ground. The model isn't changing, only the mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    No, it will be the same model (stag) but have different function. The travel form one will be automatic with other travel forms, while the "Stag Form" button will be standalone so you can carry other players and not switch out automatically while they are on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Since when are stance buttons, bloat?
    I want to say "because Furor," but it's probably more like "because a Blizzard dev macros it all together, can't believe we don't and so he is going to 'fix' that for us."

I suppose a fairly simple solution would be to reverse the Glyph vs Baseline

Instead of Glyph giving you the ability to Stag form outside of the "Automatic" smart shifting, it should grant the new smart shifting travel form stance.

Similar to how I felt that Glyph of Cheetah should have been Glyph of Stag... It ticked me off to have to glyph to get back Cheetah form, the travel form I have known since I created the character in Vanilla. I personally can't stand Stag and it seemed more natural to Glyph a different travel form that allows passengers.

That said, not all wow players are going to make a 255 character power shift macro, and not all are going to want to take screenshots as a cheetah under water. For the majority this would be a nice change.
    Last edited by Soulzar; 2014-06-19 at 03:52 PM.