Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    I really don't like further separating druid specs from eachother, If I wanted no access to spells outside of my role, I would have rolled a Pure DPS class.

  2. #42
    Pred on the US forums summed it up nicely here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...0944160?page=1

    - - - Updated - - -

    On the hopeful side, I haven't seen this much combined displeasure at the notes since the shapeshifting not removing roots blunder of a change. Hopefully this means we will be vocal, constructive and act as one in getting some of these changes reverted.

  3. #43
    Really don't like losing Entangling roots entirely as Feral, hope they revert that.

  4. #44
    My jaw literally dropped reading the changes, never expected any to this degree.

    NS change sucks.
    LB change rocks
    NG needs to be reverted, core pvp abilities for all druids if used properly
    Shred change is cool
    Guardian druids should be able to cast rejuv (Reference WC3....)
    If CC is no longer needed in this game, I'm ok losing hibernate, but I will miss being a feral druid in Coilfang rooting the myrmidon, and hibernating the nether ray (takes off rose glasses)
    Barkskin change sucks. Moonkin needs ironbark then.
    Actually reading these changes, Rdruid pvp looks decimated.....7 years too late Blizz

    Isnt mangle only on guardian now?

  5. #45
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,811
    With all the ability pruning, I am SHOCKED that Mark of the Wild still remains as a castable buff!
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  6. #46
    "Ability pruning" LOLZ. This is a NERF! And a severe one. Faerie Fire for moonkin and Hibernate MUST STAY etc. They are going above and beyond to dumb druids down now. Shouldn't there be at least one class that has a true hybrid feel if u have enough skill to press all the buttons? I don't want to spam kill command or ice lance or bladestorm ftw. Druids were chess, Blizzard is making, and now has made them checkers. If we show them how much we care, maybe they will listen and not follow thru with these nerfs.


    and wtf is up with travel forms? what was the issue there? keep us hybrid, or we may as well role pure classes. that's the whole fun of it blizz.
    Last edited by Otep; 2014-06-14 at 10:13 PM.

  7. #47
    Its funny to see all these changes as I already rerolled into a warrior tank and a lock because of one simple reason, no more instant mount (flight form).

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Pusekatten View Post
    Its funny to see all these changes as I already rerolled into a warrior tank and a lock because of one simple reason, no more instant mount (flight form).
    Source?

    If this is true they have ruined the biggest thing I love about my druid.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Pusekatten View Post
    Its funny to see all these changes as I already rerolled into a warrior tank and a lock because of one simple reason, no more instant mount (flight form).
    If you take the travel form glyph with increased speed then you have it again.

  10. #50
    I'm upset about hibernate. They removed a completely useable, viable ability that I promise you I have used while leveling and soloing at every expansion level, and replaced it with nothing. If you're feral or guardian, you also lose roots, and now the only CC you have lasts 6 seconds with diminishing returns in PvE. :|

    I almost feel like they are trying to remove as many abilities as possible to mimic newer MMOs. A lot of them have a very small number of abilities and some go even further and only ever let you use a certain amount of those abilities at any given time.

    Let me just say, I am a fan of many buttons and I see absolutely no reason why they are so hellbent on ruining that. If someone doesn't want to have hibernate on their bars or recognize it as an ability, they don't fucking have to, but I want it.

    To clarify, I'm also upset about the other things, but the vibe I get from removing hibernate is what gets me.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    If you take the travel form glyph with increased speed then you have it again.
    For real?

    But even then they kinda ruined the point off being a hybrid in this build. And druid was the best hybrid.

  12. #52
    Agreed, hibernate was my biggest weapon against hunters and faerie fire was great against rogues and mages as boomkin. this is too much blizz cmon and listen to your customers.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Otep View Post
    Agreed, hibernate was my biggest weapon against hunters and faerie fire was great against rogues and mages as boomkin. this is too much blizz cmon and listen to your customers.
    Yup FF as resto / moonkin is essential when fighting a rogue....Yet flare is still alive and has a much more limited use

    Some of these changes /boggle

    Personally, I never had a big issue with bloat on my druid and i use roots / NS / hibernate (much less) in all specs and the biggest thing that gets me is cat / bears have no CC now. I think they will buff cycline to 30 seconds in pve now that it is dispellable

  14. #54
    All good.

    I just want one thing.

    PLEASE remove the damn Savage Roar
    , and just passively increase the Feral's damage output.

    Savage Roar is the worst spell ever, and no number of glyphs or talents making it passive can ever improve on it's design...

  15. #55
    Personally, I haven't done much reading on the ability pruning but just from these notes alone, I'm a little scared that PvE will become less competitive simply for the fact that skill caps on each class seem to be getting lowered majorly. Lifebloom for example. Stacking it is fine on a pull but if for some reason you lose that Lifebloom, that's 3 GCDs needed whereas in future it'll only be 1. Similar thought process behind other abilities.
    EU Bnet: Sevaara#2622
    Restoration Druid, Mistweaver Monk, Protection Paladin

  16. #56
    So if swipe ( bear form ) goes away, what do you use to AOE tank now as a Guardian ? or did I miss some new ability / levelling perk / combined ability ?

    Edit : Nvm I'm blind, looks like swipe gets baked into Trash for Guardian.
    Last edited by FluFF; 2014-06-15 at 05:17 AM.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    All good.

    I just want one thing.

    PLEASE remove the damn Savage Roar
    , and just passively increase the Feral's damage output.

    Savage Roar is the worst spell ever, and no number of glyphs or talents making it passive can ever improve on it's design...
    No, these are mostly bad. SR is an outdated mechanic and should be baked into our abilities, but you can just spec passive SR if it's too hard to maintain. They seem intent on keeping it.

    The other changes are absolutely terrible.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Wanted to also share a sentiment from official forums that sums up how I think most druids feel and why we don't want many of our abilities removed


    Druids are arguably the most versatile, complex class in the game and as druids we were fine with that.
    What seems like button bloat to other classes fit perfectly with druids simply because we are not other classes.
    Druids were never a good candidate for a first/intro to wow class. Those were mostly classes like Paladins.
    These changes destroy hybrid utility, complexity and versatility - and why?
    We don't want to be homogeneous with other classes and we shouldn't be.
    Most of all, it destroys
    fun.
    Last edited by gestapo; 2014-06-15 at 07:49 AM.

  18. #58
    Pandaren Monk Moosie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,883
    Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    Hi Moosie. I know you mentioned before that you're on a lower bandwith connection and unable to stream. If you do have the chance, please do upload some footage to youtube. I haven't been able to find a single Feral alpha video.

    Also, I worry for Feral despite your experience. I want travel forms to be different, for e.g. I like using travel ground even in places where I can fly.
    I enjoy using entangling roots as a core druidic ability and I would be devastated to lose it. I can concede losing the ability to instant cast it for pvp balance, but I think we should keep the actual spell. I often FF & then root a mob while I work on another.
    I can just upload some random footage of questing etc, and i think guildies want to do some dungeons but Im stuck as guardian for that.

    I do agree though, having stag/aqua/flight form seperate is a good thing. It's not really noticable in the new zone at the moment as there isn't any water and flying is disabled, so you only really have 1 option (in the zone we have open to us on alpha), but if there is every a lot of water or just in general, the zones we have on live atm, it would get annoying. I'm not quite sure how travel forms works either. Since flight form can't be activated atm, Im worried they are trying to filter out flight form, and just get us to use normal flying mounts like everyone else. We will see in time though.
    Moosie <After Hours> : Feral / Restoration

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    Druids are arguably the most versatile, complex class in the game and as druids we were fine with that.
    What seems like button bloat to other classes fit perfectly with druids simply because we are not other classes.
    Druids were never a good candidate for a first/intro to wow class. Those were mostly classes like Paladins.
    These changes destroy hybrid utility, complexity and versatility - and why?
    We don't want to be homogeneous with other classes and we shouldn't be.
    Most of all, it destroys
    fun.
    I disagree that this is limiting our hybrid nature. Druids are still the most versatile class, but you have to respec to receive the vast majority of its ability to be so. That's fine to me. For a very long time, druids have been very specialized into whatever spec they have chosen, and very pitiful at the other ones. The last time before MoP that ferals could heal even the slightest amount worth a damn was vanilla, and in WoD we have healing in droves.

    Don't forget about your talents. You want roots? Mass Entanglement. You want to Offtank? Heart of the Wild. Hate Savage Roar? Savagery. Like shooting lazers as a cat? Lunar Inspiration. There is a LOT of hybrid potential in our tree, and still a fair share by default.

    This all said, I would prefer the following changes:
    • Moonfire and Lacerate granted back to all specs
    • Moonfire buffed in such a way that it is a worthwhile spell to be cast with HotW
    • Faerie Fire granted to all specs
    • Soothe merged with Faerie Fire
    • Mass Entanglement cooldown reduced to 25 seconds
    • Cyclone lasts 12 seconds on non-player and non-playercontrolled enemies.
    • Glyph of Cyclone buffed to increase cyclone range by 7 yards (up from 5) and allows cyclone to be cast in all forms

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by hullaballoonatic View Post
    I disagree that this is limiting our hybrid nature. Druids are still the most versatile class, but you have to respec to receive the vast majority of its ability to be so. That's fine to me. For a very long time, druids have been very specialized into whatever spec they have chosen, and very pitiful at the other ones. The last time before MoP that ferals could heal even the slightest amount worth a damn was vanilla, and in WoD we have healing in droves.
    I'm afraid you're wrong. Versatility is subjective here, I see. What abilities and utility do we have left in non-cat form for Feral druids?

    Don't forget about your talents. You want roots? Mass Entanglement. You want to Offtank? Heart of the Wild. Hate Savage Roar? Savagery. Like shooting lazers as a cat? Lunar Inspiration. There is a LOT of hybrid potential in our tree, and still a fair share by default.
    The talents are insulting at best and the notion that they're the definition of hybrid potential is laughable.

    All toots are on the same DR in WoD and the use will be minimal. So we lose our iconic spell and get it back in talent form (albeit aoe - though unneeded). But I don't get to use it out in the world when I could before. It wasn't game breaking. Instead of outright removal they could make changes to the spell instead. Now the fun aspect is gone.

    We've lost bear form abilities for feral and pretty much only have mangle left. So we're a essentially one button meat shield with hotw. I can't wait.

    Savage Roar? What does this have to do with hybrid utility and versatility. It's a part of the Feral damage mechanic anyway.

    LI? Yes, it will be the go to talent for PVP. I'm actually looking forward to this, but why take away Moonfire from those that don't want to or can't spec into LI? It didn't even do that much damage, it was just fun to use. So, fun = nerfed.


    This all said, I would prefer the following changes:
    • Moonfire and Lacerate granted back to all specs
    • Moonfire buffed in such a way that it is a worthwhile spell to be cast with HotW
    • Faerie Fire granted to all specs
    • Soothe merged with Faerie Fire
    • Mass Entanglement cooldown reduced to 25 seconds
    • Cyclone lasts 12 seconds on non-player and non-playercontrolled enemies.
    • Glyph of Cyclone buffed to increase cyclone range by 7 yards (up from 5) and allows cyclone to be cast in all forms
    I agree with the first 3. Soothe & FF won't work because FF actually puts you in combat and draws aggro.
    Mass Entanglement is an extremely weak talent, I'm not sure a cd reduction would bring it up to par, but I guess it beats not having proper balance in that tier.
    Cyclone change for pve is fine since we have no other cc.

    Putting all that in a glyph would make it too mandatory, - not something blizz said they want. Just keep the range increase on the glyph. Instead they should change the 4pc pvp set bonus such that cyclone can be cast in cat form only while the PS buff is active. Cannot be cast while moving.

    They should also let all shapeshift forms be instead of merging them. That's a big no-no.


    I'm also going to repeat this because nothing anyone has said makes this any less true:


    Druids are arguably the most versatile, complex class in the game and as druids we were fine with that.
    What seems like button bloat to other classes fit perfectly with druids simply because we are not other classes.
    Druids were never a good candidate for a first/intro to wow class. Those were mostly classes like Paladins.
    These changes destroy hybrid utility, complexity and versatility - and why?
    We don't want to be homogeneous with other classes and we shouldn't be.
    Most of all, it destroys fun.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •