Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've got enough haters on here that it's rarely a problem, but I've been skipped over nearly every time on the official WoW forum. There's no telling how many times I've tried to make a post about how stupid it is to have WSG/TP ties not be ties. No matter how profound I've made my stance, it's either totally ignored or I'll get a few fools that defend its stupidity. Or back in the TBC days when warlocks thought they couldn't beat certain classes as SL/SL, I'd have step by step instructions on how to beat them, and they just wouldn't listen. So I don't even bother posting there anymore, cause I think the majority of people there don't have brains in their heads.
    Last edited by Itisamuh; 2014-06-14 at 09:47 AM.

It sucks when your well thought out and planned post, with sources and links and facts gets posted as "Post 20 / 40 / 60", or anything at the end of the page, simply because most people just skip to the latest page.

That said, I don't mind. A few times I've gotten Private Messages from people who wanted to continue a certain aspect of the discussion that got lost in the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends realy on a post time and other hot treads at a time. If someone posts a hot tread there is a good chance that your tread is gona be ignored due to a huge spam on the XXXXX tread. I usualy post 22.00-00.00 time and my treads always get at least 10 responses. But if i post at 9.00-16.00 there is a huge chance its gona be ignored or replayed later when its too late (its usualy do to a people working).

We realy kinda need some button to ignore hot treads . (mostly american weapon junk)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care, all of you are just figments of my imagination anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just assume it's because I didn't say anything interesting. Hope that helps .

I don't think you're being skipped over, you may not be saying something stupid enough to get attention.

Seems a lot of people come here to argue opinions as facts, white knights ect... Much better places to have a conversation any way.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

It happens but for the most part I don't really mind it - given most of my posts and opinions aren't that constructive and end up feeling sarcastic and I just let them out as a personal vent not expecting anything in return. I skim through every post in a topic I find interesting and I'm sure there's a lot of others that do too, just because you don't always get a reply doesn't mean that someone isn't listening.

It's true that people do tend to focus more on ideas/topics they find meaningless or stupid vs one that actually holds value.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

If nobody respond to a post I made I tend to assume that they agreed with me, or at least saw no issue with it.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I find most posts that get ignored are usually the level headed posts, the posts that get mostly quoted tend to be the ones baiting responses , posts that are angry or controversial , and then the threads just go downhill fast. Such is the way, people like to argue, they don't like well thought out decent level headed responses :P

Deleted
    Making a post about this actually crossed my mind yesterday night.. what are the odds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizzaparty78 View Post
    I know your pain. Post in a thread, thinking you opinion is a nice contribution, only to see that no one cares, and it happens just about every time you post. I think it's a curse or something. It's happened to me on every forum I've been on for over 4 years now (I've posted on those at least once a day). And if you do have someone quote you, they just say how ridiculous it is. Or, you make a thread and only 2 people reply... it's a really sad feeling. You want to be part of the community and make some friends online, or discuss things, and it just doesn't work for us for whatever reason.

It's not that I want attention, it's just hard to be part of a discussion when you really aren't part of it.

Anyone else experience this?
    Say something controversial like:

I hate kittens. I a hate cat videos....

. people generally don't reply to agree, they reply to argue, so if people are not posting to reply to you they either don't take issue with what you said, or you were really boring! maybe both :P

The only time it bother me is when I'm having a discussion/argument. But I usually work with the theory that I made my argument so indisputable that the other person couldn't come up with a reply. That's what I like to think anyway.

Deleted
    honestly OP, in big threads it's easy to be skipped since people will focus on comments on the first page, on last page, and on discussions they've had with other people. And since people post more and more, next page could be reached easily by the conversations already ongoing.

In smaller threads, I noticed that people generally only care about things that are surprising and unexpected, but they will ignore other things. And different people see different things as surprising. Also, you need to keep your thread alive if it's not surprising by grabbing those few comments made and commenting back. Also, you need to do this either in weekends or on evenings, since more people are online then and bringing your thread back to the front will make sure at least some people read it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I suppose I don't often get acknowledged, but that's okay - I chuckle at my own posts quietly in my room.

Oh, Everything Nice. Never change, you!
    It's ok, we chuckle on your posts too. Some chuckle so much that they die though, and so less people respond. You're evil Everything Nice. I survived your reign of terror though.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I suppose I don't often get acknowledged, but that's okay - I chuckle at my own posts quietly in my room.

Oh, Everything Nice. Never change, you!
    You have a colored rank below your name that doesn't really tell why. We just don't know if we need to use the velvet gloves like with mods or if we can flame you like normal people :P.

People like to skip over you if they can't counter your arguments most times and only answer to the ones they feel they can overpower, shame but true most times.

I don't mind it too much if I don't get a response, I'll either forget I even posted in said post and don't look back at it. Or I'll have to keep responding to the other person because I kinda always want the last word.

Alot of times there's a ton of people who post stuff similar to you though, which might be the reason they don't respond to you. Aside from that, if you post in a highly alive thread and you end up on page 10, only to have 2 more pages added within the hour, alot of peoples opinions just go unnoticed since nobody is gonna go through all of that (mostly... okay, I wouldn't go through all that).

Looks like your post on here is a succes though!

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd of found it funny if nobody responded to this thread.

I can see where you are coming from. I tend to get paranoid that it's because of my horrible english skills or that I'm just simple not making sense. I'd not take it too personally though, most of the people that get the responses tend go against the majority voice.

Just my stupid advice: you need to be more controversial or taunting. But this way you become mini-troll.

Example - mentioning how this wow changelog sucks even if everybody waited this feature forever.
    Last edited by mmokri; 2014-06-14 at 12:11 PM.

Change your avatar to a beautiful woman or one with cleavage. Your posts will get more attention.

Deleted
    Alot. Like even when quoting people etc.
    Think my career here has most put me on ignore.