Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unhappy Poor Interaction in LFD?

So...I joined this LFD, and apparently the healer was being quite rude towards the hunter in the group.

The hunter and the tank - friends - were working together to pull mobs. The hunter would go around the map, pulling all the mobs, and then his friend tank would then aggro them to him. The tank would spam whirlwind and the hunter would multi-shot them to death. I joined in AoE duty. The other DPS - a shaman - helped keep tank alive whilst he was taking on fifty dungeon mobs at once by healing the tank, and when not would neutralize the most dangerous mobs (double healing on tank). This resulted in ridiculously fast dungeon runs and an unusually high exp efficiency rate (BRD in 3 minutes flat). When we asked why the hunter was pulling, the tank explained the plan. Everyone agreed, and thought it great.

After about two hours of dungeons, the main healer drops, and a new healer comes in. We didn't think much, so we ran ahead and started our business. The hunter activated his rocket boots, speed potions, swiftness stance, and posthaste talent to very quickly traverse the map to pull everything (sending his pet off into the alley ways to pull mobs off the road) and meet up with the main group at the other side of the dungeon. The healer immediately starts calling out the hunter as stupid for leaving range of his heals and for pulling as a DPS. The tank began to reply when the hunter came back and brought the whole dungeon with him. Immediately the healer panics, and just stands there while we are being overwhelmed by the horde of mobs, calling the hunter names and such. He pops his divine shield and hearths away, abandoning us. We barely survive, and a few minutes later he ports back in and resumes his swearing and such. We ignore him.

The next dungeon, the healer begins walking off on his own and - thinking that he's a hunter - begins pulling mobs. We are already dealing with the main group, when suddenly we realize that the healer is off on his own and he gets killed by his own pull. Then he starts raging at us for not coming to save him, then starts talking about reporting us. We kicked him out on the spot, of course.

Later on, our DPS has to gtg. We get another DPS, and then he just stands there and does nothing, almost as if he's expecting a carry. We try to kick him, but he uses his demon pet fighting trash to stay technically in combat, therefore preventing a vote-to-kick. When we politely ask him to come help, he just tells us that he's "talking to his guildmates."

Is it just me, or are some people in LFD just really bad?

LF-Anything will always be bad. Always. The anonymity of the internet + different server = you can be as much of an asshole as you like without much backlash, you'll likely never see that group of players again. And if you do, you're likely not to remember them.

It's a huge shame, because I've met some great people in LFD and been sad to part ways, but the majority of groups are usually very crude and awful.

I do the tank+hunter friend duo thing in heroics currently with my tank and my friend's hunter, we can solo pretty much almost every dungeon/boss on heroic and yet healers and dps still freak out over it.

I don't know of a way that would work in World of Warcraft, but there really needs to be more accountability and less stupidity in LFR/D/G.

Having Galakras pulled with only 1 Tank & 2 Healers, or no-one going onto the Belt on Siegecrafter or dealing with the Engineer on Garrosh. It's not something Blizzard can wave a wand at, but I just wish there were some in-game tools to better deal with these jerks ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad stuff happens.

Luckily, my experiences with LFD and LFR (yes, even back in Cataclysm with the "hard" heroics!) have almost been entirely positive. I keep my head down, mash my buttons, and help people if they need it. In LFR, I always explain the fights before the bosses (I did that back in heroic cataclysm dungeons too.) I don't bitch at people for "not doing the DPS I think they should do" if the bosses are dying, I don't cuss people out, and I don't get pissy about minute little things. And things seem to go pretty darn well.

I'm sure you'll hear people in this thread say "random matchmaking is terrible all around, I only have bad groups, nothing ever gets done because people are always arguing and blah blah blah..." Now, either I'm extremely lucky in the groups I get, or the aforementioned people are either 1) wildly exaggerating or 2) part of the problem.

Just be a nice guy, help out as best you can, and there really shouldn't be many issues. You'll run into a few bad eggs every now and again, but you just have to ignore em and move on.

That being said... I do think the ability to kick while in combat would be nice.

If anything, I'd like to see some sort of "rep" system in LFD/LFR that can extend to alts. After each dungeon run, you'd be prompted to rate people up or down (and before someone thinking they're oh-so-smart mentions it, you would be unable to rate people you joined with.) Ratings would only go into effect after you got a hundred or so, so as to weed out the trolls who downrate people for the lolz. People with higher ratings would also have their rating be more resistant to downvotes. Higher rep levels might reward you with experience bonuses, extra shots at loot, or extra dungeon satchels after successful runs. Maybe even add pets/achievements for getting your "dungeon reputation" up to a certain level.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-06-14 at 11:13 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    I don't know of a way that would work in World of Warcraft, but there really needs to be more accountability and less stupidity in LFR/D/G.

Having Galakras pulled with only 1 Tank & 2 Healers, or no-one going onto the Belt on Siegecrafter or dealing with the Engineer on Garrosh. It's not something Blizzard can wave a wand at, but I just wish there were some in-game tools to better deal with these jerks ...
    You're absolutely right. It'd be nice for Blizzard to implement some kind of reputation system. \

If Xbox live can use a reputation system to group jerks together, and if other games like GTA:O and Dota can have a special place, for these special individuals to play together, then why can't Blizzard do the same thing?

I remember when pulling extra mobs on the first boss on Dragon Soul was almost a weekly occurrence. Or the 2nd/3rd boss with all of the tentacles - pulling him before the room was cleared. Happened all.the.time...

Unfortunately, petitions to GMs got the same response : Use the ignore list in the hope you don't encounter them again. It's almost not worth the time it takes to do it as it's character, not account specific.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    You're absolutely right. It'd be nice for Blizzard to implement some kind of reputation system. \

If Xbox live can use a reputation system to group jerks together, and if other games like GTA:O and Dota can have a special place, for these special individuals to play together, then why can't Blizzard do the same thing?

I remember when pulling extra mobs on the first boss on Dragon Soul was almost a weekly occurrence. Or the 2nd/3rd boss with all of the tentacles - pulling him before the room was cleared. Happened all.the.time...

Unfortunately, petitions to GMs got the same response : Use the ignore list in the hope you don't encounter them again. It's almost not worth the time it takes to do it as it's character, not account specific.
    Well, I suppose you could add to my proposed rep system above that they group people with "bad" ratings together so that they'd, as a priority, be grouped with one another instead and get a taste of their own medicine. Then have periodic resets where everyone's dungeon rep is zeroed out so that they can be "better" people next time around.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

So... what I gathered from the post was that you were pulling the whole dungeon, blaming the healer, and then wondering why they got upset ?

15+ Year Old Account
    curse curse curse..lol

LFD is more aggravating than enlightening...at least it use to be.

I have found that when you enter the dungeon, if someone starts a brief conversation and makes the experience "human" it goes pretty well.

The problem with LFD is no one communicates, everyone does their own thing.

Try it, you'll be surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see what that second part has to with being a bad player. The healer's reaction was understandable considering you didn't even seem to bother to tell them what you were doing. That's bad interaction on your part, not the healer.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    So... what I gathered from the post was that you were pulling the whole dungeon, blaming the healer, and then wondering why they got upset ?
    How about they pulled the whole dungeon, and that upset the healer. They didn't blame him as far as I can tell.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I never use the group finding tools provided ingame. In my honest opinion, LFD and LFR are ruining this game.

For finding groups I use oqueue or openraid. If you're an idiot in an oqueue group you're going to get either blacklisted or banned from the addon.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

hahaha, I LOVE LOVE finding those groups (the speed running, smart efficient groups), I have so much fun because it also ups the requirements from you as a player, things you're capable of start to show.

As said above, you should have told the healer what you were doing, though. Since there's ALL manner of players from all different skill caps or understandings, you just need to get variable players on board with what's going on.
    Do not underestimate us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    How about they pulled the whole dungeon, and that upset the healer. They didn't blame him as far as I can tell.
    And yet he's using it as a example of how players are "bad". Sounds like blame to me. Which is odd because in his entire story the only person who seemed to be bad was one warlock who was AFKing and a dumb healer who was likely trolling them. So basically he's claiming people in LFD are bad because after several hours of steam rolling dungeons he came across 2 bad players.
    Last edited by leaks; 2014-06-14 at 02:09 PM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that situation was caused from the lack of an explanation for the new healer. If you'd have spent those few extra minutes explaining your plan then maybe he or she would've co-operated and you wouldn't have had to deal with such toxic behavior. That healer has a right to be angry as he or she had no idea what was going on. He or she doesn't know that you're co-operating at all - nor have you been completing instances for awhile.

I understand where you're both coming from but I think the fault lies in you not explaining the situation properly. I still believe how he or she acted was a bit toxic, though.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I just could not stomach reading all of this, you must be new to the program. The LFD has been this way since it was put in place. Hence to this day I still shake my head at why Blizzard even bothered to put the LFR in place, when they already aware of what it out come was going to be. Doing dungeons, is first about getting gear, after that it about getting VP or JP now and that is going to change next xpac. For the die hards achievement come into play, but if you are going to do them you need to make you own group and go grind away, not queue for them.

I did each of the MoP dungeons a handful of times until I got a high enough I level to go in the LFR, got gear and tried to raid with the guild I joined at the beginning of MoP. It was a horrendous experience to say the least. I stopped because I could not take the endless whining and complaining, and people making excuses for this and that.

The other reason you are having a bad experience right now is the only people left in the game outside those that came back at the end of the expansion are all the die hard numb nuts that love nothing more than to be a prick and a thorn in people's sides. This why if you come later to the party, be prepared to endure this type of experience. I have not run a dungeon since at 5.1, I would rather grind out valor through endless dailies then go do a dungeon. If your doing it for JP to change over to honor, well good luck to you going forward.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Is it just me, or are some people in LFD just really bad?
    Your story is exactly the same for everyone, nothing new.

LFD has always been like that and it always will be.

Deleted
    Avoiding rude people or people who afk during the entire dungeons is impossible atm. It's sad, running dungeons could've been fun otherwise... Worst part is that it's so damn common. Almost as if most people don't mind leeching and the people who are polite and contribute are really rare. Doesn't end in dungeons though, at night when I do bgs it's pretty much bots only, it's impossible to enjoy random bgs these days. There are so many punks botting, they just want free gear without any effort which makes the rest of the community suffer. Once upon a time I did random bgs/dungeons for fun, now I avoid it like it's poison even if I'm farming honor gear or whatever. I can't wait for a fix for these issues.

In the first of your cases though, of course the healer will get mad when a dps pulls the entire dungeon. Stunts like that can be done with friends who are prepared. Doing it vs a pug healer who wasn't told about it - your fault imo, I would probably /sigh at you as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFD is still a nice feature to play but there are always some trolls in there or rude people, but that's everywhere and in every game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

It has been my experience that the problem is communication. Had you told the healer what you were up to BEFORE you began the craziness they probably would've gone along with it and there would be no story here at all. I try to make it a point to tell people what I am doing beforehand (if they are a healer or tank), a simple warning macro like: "*Warning* This team is going to Chain-pull" can make the difference between attitudes and cooperation.

Of course in my haste I sometimes forget, and when I do, I usually get attitudes.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    LFD is still a nice feature to play but there are always some trolls in there or rude people, but that's everywhere and in every game.
    Thats actually completely untrue.

I play dungeon finders in other games and theyre all a much better experience than in Wow... everyone chats loads more than in Wow, theyre polite and they all put in effort.

I advise u go and play more games than just Wow so u can comment subject on this with experience as opposed to guessing.