Deleted

New Cast Bar mod - Need advice on Appearance!

Hi all,

If you want to know why I made a Cast Bar AddOn when there are already many out there to choose from then read the purpose section first.

Purpose:
    For my UI I wanted to make a very light weight cast bar replacement from the Blizzard style for many reasons. I did not want to use Quartz with my UI any more because it was too heavy of an AddOn for my purpose and I am trying to make the UI as Lightweight as I can. Also because of how my UI works, I want it to be easily integrated with the Bottom section of myUI with all the other frames so that it can move with them. I had difficulties modifying parts of other addOns to achieve this and decided it was easier to make my own.

Need Appearance Advice:
    Usually I am good with things as simple as this but I do not know what colours would suit it best. I am using a blue cast bar colour with a horrible latency bar colour and font colours that do not seem to go well. The bright green and red I have for the cast bars end states seem as though they could be improved. The border is a typical 1 pixel border. Any suggestions?

Screen Shot:

If you are wondering, only the older version of this UI is available. The newer version as shown in the screen shot has not been finished yet. I still need to add class colours and tweak a few things.

Last edited by mmoc2c0e080e79; 2014-06-14 at 02:55 PM.

I like it tbh. The red is ok, but the green color is too bright for my eyes :/
    Do you have a copy out to test?

Have you thought about an indication whether you can interrupt a spell or not?

Deleted

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Urtgard View Post
    Have you thought about an indication whether you can interrupt a spell or not?
    Yes I have. I forgot to mention that but the cast bar turns orange when it is not interruptible but that part is not currently finished.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azantrox View Post
    I like it tbh. The red is ok, but the green color is too bright for my eyes :/
    Do you have a copy out to test?
    Mainly the latency bar I do not like but I agree as well that the colours seem too bright and I will tone them down. It's not currently available for testing as it is unfinished. I may make this a standalone addOn soon though because at the moment it is only available as a package with my UI suit.

Deleted
    Probably a silly question but would a color picker and a text font picker be included in this module?
    Also what kind of custamizability are we looking at?
    Would the option for a swing timer be included?

I'd imagine one like a bright white thin stripe with some gloss that runs over the health bar. height and width settings for that white strip the same as the black edge of the progressing cast (or maybe a little thicker for emphasis)
    Last edited by mmoc793d9e949b; 2014-06-17 at 10:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainhavoc View Post
    Probably a silly question but would a color picker and a text font picker be included in this module?
    Also what kind of custamizability are we looking at?
    Would the option for a swing timer be included?

I'd imagine one like a bright white thin stripe with some gloss that runs over the health bar. height and width settings for that white strip the same as the black edge of the progressing cast (or maybe a little thicker for emphasis)
    Sorry for slow reply. Options for setting the colour and text will definitely be included. You can customise mostly everything and an option to unlock/lock the frame for manually dragging will be included. You can alter the format of time showing on the bar and an option to show a spell icon will be supported.

I am unsure about a swing timer but I doubt that is hard to make, I personally never find it useful and the aim is to make it as light as possible but because I am making it a standalone addOn now, I should really add one! Thanks for pointing that out.

This isn't bad, and is very good looking. It's rather appealing, besides the fact there is only 1 bar. Currently at 90 with my macros for raiding I have nearly 5 bars full of skills.

I would very much like to try this UI!

When will 4.0 be out?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MayronEU View Post
    Sorry for slow reply. Options for setting the colour and text will definitely be included. You can customise mostly everything and an option to unlock/lock the frame for manually dragging will be included. You can alter the format of time showing on the bar and an option to show a spell icon will be supported.

I am unsure about a swing timer but I doubt that is hard to make, I personally never find it useful and the aim is to make it as light as possible but because I am making it a standalone addOn now, I should really add one! Thanks for pointing that out.
    My pleasure! As far as i'm aware a swing timer doesnt have alot of "weight" as part of an addon and having just a line run over the hp or mana bar of the player unitframe (without a border so you just have this white line run along) would be best looking in my humble opinion!

thanks for taking the time to reply and happy my idea got taken seriously! (also making a swing timer option part of the install ui would be easiest for players who are setting up the ui

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moddy View Post
    This isn't bad, and is very good looking. It's rather appealing, besides the fact there is only 1 bar. Currently at 90 with my macros for raiding I have nearly 5 bars full of skills.

what you see as the skill bars is aproximately one third of the amount of bars that this ui supports in it's artwork. (when you press control you can expand the bars and the unitframes move up to make room for those bars.)

See this video for a better view:
    <i can't post links here>

Google Mayron UI gen 3, it's the one that's currently running for everyone. once you get to wowinterface go to the comments and check Mayron's signature. It'll have a preview video of gen 3

Ofcourse allowing bartender to show more bars gives you more customiseability too. You can put those bars anywhere in the screen and have as many as you like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rulee View Post
    I would very much like to try this UI!

When will 4.0 be out?
    Thanks! Glad you like it, its not out officially until a tleast 3 weeks, hope to have it fully working in 2 weeks then a beta tester week. I'll post in the forums here when its released

Quote Originally Posted by Captainhavoc View Post
    My pleasure! As far as i'm aware a swing timer doesnt have alot of "weight" as part of an addon
    Very true, its usually additional GUI options that make it larger but it's a very small addition indeed
    Last edited by mmoc2c0e080e79; 2014-06-21 at 04:55 PM.