Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rottenpen View Post
    saying that removing SR will make feral to be 3 button class and will reduse the skill cap shows how clueless you are about the spec
    Just an observation, but the people saying SR is pointless also likely have no concept of optimization. SR isn't a defining point of the skill involved in playing Feral, but it's certainly a lot more than "a button you push every now and then".

Deleted
    I really cannot understand how SR dodged the ability pruning. In my opinion it adds nothing to the gameplay, it is just an annoyance really. As many others have said its not a big deal in PvE, although it can be frustrating. In PvP it is much harder to maintain, so much going on it drops off all the time.

Increase our base damage by 40% and be done with it.

Deleted
    saying that removing SR will make feral to be 3 button class and will reduse the skill cap shows how clueless you are about the spec
    Saying that it won't "reduse" the skill cap shows that you are clueless too.
    I must admit that I agree with Skadovsk: it seems to me like you guys just want to play Assassination Rogues. "Combo points --> Finisher" without any kind of thought process.

Go ahead and get it over with, 5th account and counting, implying ip ban works in the year 2014 of our lord jesus christ.

The issue that I've always had with this ability is that it feels like more of a punishment to let it drop that as a reward for having it up. I don't mind the complexity of the current rotation, but I would much rather have savage roar replaced with something more interesting.

All in all, I look forward to level 100 talents and never pressing that button again.

first of all playing without it means you are playing at ~> 70 %. 2nd its usually not balanced around a 100% uptime, but closer to 90-95% uptime. Also its not that hard ability to track and keep up. Also feral is quite a complex specc already, adding something else can make it too hard for blizz's intentions
    and if you dont like keeping it up take the perma talent and be slightly nerfed, or get another talent for more comålexity

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Saying that it won't "reduse" the skill cap shows that you are clueless too.
    im sorry but someone that play with NV and FON on HC raiding environment cant really say who is clueless or not
    Last edited by mmoc209c357abe; 2014-06-19 at 09:56 PM.

Its just a boring spell, yes the added complexity to the rotation is nice but having a 40% buff to all our damage is just boring. It really should be changed to something more interactive such as increasing energy regeneration so we can use more spells or at the very least have it increase the damage of only a part of our tool kit such as bleeds or white damage.

Deleted
    im sorry but someone that play with NV and FON on HC raiding environment cant really say who is clueless or not
    So you looked at my armory, saw my talents and progress and deduced that I must never change them for anything. Well, I don't play with NV and FoN during HC raiding so your point is completely irrelevant. However mine still stands: removing one of the abilities that we have to keep up (with our finite resource) will reduce the skill cap significantly. You tell me when you are ready to actually discuss the change in stead grasping at straws in order to invalidate arguments that you can't understand.

I'll say this again. I don't want Savage roar to be completely removed, because I like the spec complexity. What I do want is it get a revamp/rework/exchange or whatever in order to have something fun and interesting to press/keep, not a straight plain boring +% damage boost that's supposed to have a 100% uptime or get punished by a lot if not.

That's all. To those who defend current Savage Roar: do you really like the ability as is? Don't you prefer a different move? A damaging bleed (that's different from rip and rake, ofc)? A sort-of AoE finisher? Something that's actually fun or interesting to push?
    I certainly do.

Savage Roar is an integral part to feral's intriguingly complex rotation. If you're not a fan of that playstyle, the level 100 tier allows you to make the feral rotation less complex instead of more complex if you wish, but keep in mind you will be gimping your ability to use predatory swiftness, but this is mostly a pvp concern, since raiders are usually in range to use ferocious bite.

Would be neat if Savage Roar did something like:
    causes all attacks to apply a stacking bleed effect
    but other than giving us another ability that scales with mastery (and potentially a new snapshotting mechanic if the duration is shorter than current Roar), that would virtually be the same thing as a standard +% physical damage buff.

Would be neat if it increased energy regeneration or something more active, but haste and berserk already threaten each other in the energy capping domain, so obviously not a great idea, but you get the point.
    Last edited by hullaballoonatic; 2014-06-20 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hullaballoonatic View Post
    Savage Roar is an integral part to feral's intriguingly complex rotation. If you're not a fan of that playstyle, the level 100 tier allows you to make the feral rotation less complex instead of more complex if you wish, but keep in mind you will be gimping your ability to use predatory swiftness, but this is mostly a pvp concern, since raiders are usually in range to use ferocious bite.

Would be neat if Savage Roar did something like: but other than giving us another ability that scales with mastery (and potentially a new snapshotting mechanic if the duration is shorter than current Roar), that would virtually be the same thing as a standard +% physical damage buff.

Would be neat if it increased energy regeneration or something more active, but haste and berserk already threaten each other in the energy capping domain, so obviously not a great idea, but you get the point.

SR and Inq are the same thing, don't get why pallys are adjusted around not having to maintain Inq any more but we have to spec for the same thing.

SR is button bloat, its a mindless button you have to press. Would rather them remove it like they did with Inq and gives us a CP AoE spender, EVERY other "CP" class has an AoE earner and spender. Ferals are the only ones who don't have a spender.
    Last edited by Gemini Soul; 2014-06-20 at 07:50 PM.

It would make more sense to make FB our aoe finisher. Savage Roar is treated the same way as rip, but you don't complain about that one. They're both finishers you have to maintain.

Unlike ret, Feral has a vocal and loyal playerbase that appreciates the complexity of feral, and in the past that was dictated precisely by how many buffs/debuffs we had to juggle. Blizzard wants to offer that gameplay style to that playerbase, and also provide an option for those that don't enjoy it. This seems like a reasonable compromise to me. I assume we had far more outrage if blizzard just up and removed savage roar, or didn't even have the option to talent it away.

Personally, I will be using the glyph, incarnation, and shadowmeld so I rarely have to press it anyways.

Feral being an extremely complex specialization to play has been a point of pride in the community just about as long as feral has been a viable DPS. While Savage Roar did get a redesign from only increasing autoattacks to increasing all damage, the poster who pointed that out neglected to mention that pre-Cata, it was the same "All physical damage done" increase. Savage Roar doesn't exist solely to "nerf feral's damage" like some posters seem to believe. The intent of savage roar, and almost all of the reason feral is fun and interesting to play, is the risk/reward choice that comes from juggling SR and bleeds at the same time. Without Savage Roar, feral becomes a model shifted version of combat rogues, spamming mangle until ferocious bite over and over.

People clamoring for SR to be removed got their wish in the form of a talent, please stop working to get all complexity removed from the spec.

7+ Year Old Account
    Skill cap yeah! Manage finishers properly like everyone else has to manage their abilities properly, and you'll be viable.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Its not so much that it makes the rotation too complex, its that Savage Roar is a boring thing to maintain because its just a flat damage % increase and doesn't change your play style at all. At least with slice and dice it increases their attack speed and for combat increases their energy regen because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Novarian View Post
    Its not so much that it makes the rotation too complex, its that Savage Roar is a boring thing to maintain because its just a flat damage % increase and doesn't change your play style at all. At least with slice and dice it increases their attack speed and for combat increases their energy regen because of it.
    If you think it doesn't change your play style at all then you're clearly not playing Feral anywhere close to it's full potential, especially this tier with the T16 4set and DoC.

Deleted
    i really dont see the point in this discussion. its the exact same thing for all classes, evocation, slice and dice, dk diseases, monk tiger power, i mean seriously. besides you can spec out of savage roar in wod if you think its that bad designed ability

together with t16 4pc savage roar offers great synergy with the rotation for getting huge doc rips up. feral rotation is certainly not badly desgined in my opinion. ive played almost all classes this expac and ive got to say feral rotation feels the most alive out of all classes. stuff actually happens when you push your buttons and you can really feel it. getting maxed out rips and just climbing to the top of the meter in a matter of seconds is amazing. and the execute... bleeds critting for 1m the entire execute phase..... yes plsss LOL how can anyone dislike the class.

ferals can do insane things this tier, beyond what almost any class is capable of, and have a very interactive rotation. why complain on something as trivial as keeping up savage roar? zzz some people
    Last edited by mmocd68b744d0d; 2014-06-24 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by albinm View Post
    and the execute... bleeds critting for 1m the entire execute phase
    Huge exaggeration unless your actually fragnance and even then it only happened once the entire expansion.

I do think 40% is too high, 20-25% is more reasonable. SR does make the spec more challenging, unfortunately the risk/reward is way off due to Ferocious Bite hitting like a wet noodle. With snapshotting gone most of the skill is being removed anyway, why dumb it down more?

SR is awful. Feral is awfu. SR isn't even in the same universe as Inquisition. The combat in wow (especially for Feral) is god damn convoluted and bad you need 19 addons and 4 pairs of eyes just to try to do dps. (for melee)

Saying "once you get the rotation" is the biggest pile of shit. We're not supposed to have rotations. Rotations are BAD!!! Blizzard said so. Whack-a-Mole is the new awesome sauce kids! But apparently Feral didn't get that memo.