Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Would Blizz loose or gain subs?

If they made a huge 180 turn off everything in the game?
    They hype the difficulty off everything through the roof from RFC too Lvl 90 stuff, block all raids behind attuments and just block off everything behind difficulty and skill(skill begin Proving grounds achivements)

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure how they could loose subs, but... Eh.

I hope they'll gain subs from this change though, as I really want these changes stick around

Meh, This game is 10 years old and don't you think someday blizzard have to put a stop for it? It's getting old fast yes i know, i still enjoy playing with friends and raiding and etc. They will still slowly lose subs. It's kinda hard to gain subs atm even if they put decent efforts to make this game more polished and draw more attentions but i am feeling blizzard is slacking off atm.

They'd probably lose a lot of subs. I mean I'd probably get fed up with opening one door, finding a locked door behind it, unlocked that one only to find another locked door behind that. Would get old very fast. Of course I guess a similar argument could be made about have all the doors open but eh.

Do nothing but bring back existing content just re-tuned for level 90?
    Hopefully everyone would quit.

Raids should not be "Brought Back", if anything they should make them scale up and add the technology to every future raid aswell, that way you could infact enjoy level 90 versions of old content.

However remastering old content should Never take presidence over creating New content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    If they made a huge 180 turn off everything in the game?
    They hype the difficulty off everything through the roof from RFC too Lvl 90 stuff, block all raids behind attuments and just block off everything behind difficulty and skill(skill begin Proving grounds achivements)
    Right, because its totally good for the game to cater to the 0.0010% or so of players who think WoW is some kind of badge of honor. /eyeroll

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    i am feeling blizzard is slacking off atm.
    They're redoing and re-animating all the classic and BC races (including some NPC races like ogres and arrakoa) and giving the game the biggest stat/class overhaul its ever had, in addition to building a new expansion. On what planet is that slacking off?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

they would get back at least one sub. I've been out of this game since the deathwing raid, coming back for just 1 month of the Pandaland garbage. but I would come back in a heartbeat if they made these changes and went back to a more Burning Crusade like format.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyr View Post
    they would get back at least one sub. I've been out of this game since the deathwing raid, coming back for just 1 month of the Pandaland garbage. but I would come back in a heartbeat if they made these changes and went back to a more Burning Crusade like format.
    Then come back during WoD, even the low level dungeons look amazing.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Loose subs? Sounds....interesting.

Common sense would dictate the sub loss would be dramatic, OP.

They'd still lose subs. No matter what they do, the game is old and the MMO market is changing. To think that they can magically start gaining subs by making those changes to a decade-old game is ignoring far too many of the current variables leading to current subscription losses.

15+ Year Old Account
    Instead of bringing back the old they should add a good system that scales it automatically to endgame levels (through a dropdown menu).

For the topic though, they would lose subs more than they gain it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it stopped being inclusive they would loose subs of course. Isn't everyone playing mobas now a days?

There will always be a flux in subs with or without these changes as every move blizz does makes a group of people angry nowadays, and then you'd also have the really angry people who yell "OMG WTF BLIZZ THNX UNSUBBED" and then come back a few weeks later. I never really cared about the old attunements and I wouldn't care about them in the future personally.

To scale it for you:

. .... Level of Emotion ......... # of players
    Hardcore ++++++++++++++ ........ +
    Most players + ...................... ++++++++++++++++

So I think your suggestion would lose 90% of the subs.

edit: my graph skills stink - but I hope you get the picture
    Last edited by CallMeGrey; 2014-06-14 at 11:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for WoD, it shapes to be good, maybe something you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyr View Post
    You didn't give it a chance, you couldn't form a valid opinion.

Preconceived hate and lack of interest will get you nowhere.

does anyone else find it ironic that this is even a valid question?

a more challenging game that requires dedication and skill ending up as a better game means fewer subscriptions
    a game catering to the lowest common denominator so that any random idiot can play means more subscriptions.

i.e. 'better gameplay' and 'higher subscriptions' are mutually exclusive events

Subs would drop.

They would lose players. People playing now would quit and older players that did quit wouldn't trust them and come back. As far as what they should switch or why you are way off. Attunements for one were never about skill it was just a hurdle along the way they took about as much skill as getting the legendary back piece does now. Dumping more time sinks into the game doesn't make it better.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."