Page 66 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    That's actually Chadwicks good side. He's proper gone bald nowadays but he does look more like a human.
    I don't think comparing Ribery or Tevez to anyone really is fair , they've got scars , i think they help quite a lot.
    Also , Roma has the ugliest player ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    The scar doesn't excuse the hideous hair or the terrible teeth :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    The scar doesn't excuse the hideous hair or the terrible teeth :P
    At least Suarez uses his...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    At least Suarez uses his...
    lolololol.

I wish we'd waited one more day to sell Benatia , i'm sure someone would have panic buyed him tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    And just before we lose to MK Dons in the cup so he can't change his mind!
    Man, talk about calling it.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Odd transfer here, at least one in which I would have never thought of, Xabi Alonso is off to Bayern Munich.

- - - Updated - - -

so now it might end being a loan to Bayern

what is with sudden exodus of player from Madrid this season (if this ends up happening). There is also talk of Illarramendi being loaned to Bilbao as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Odd transfer here, at least one in which I would have never thought of, Xabi Alonso is off to Bayern Munich.

- - - Updated - - -

what is with sudden exodus of player from Madrid this season (if this ends up happening). There is also talk of Illarramendi being loaned to Bilbao as well.
    That's extremely weird , didn't see that coming at all.

- - - Updated - - -

All I'm seeing is speculation. Xabi ended his Spanish career recently, but the original rumor was Khedira going to Bayern, which is likely. I don't see Pep or Bayern purchasing Alonso. He is way too old for Bayern to purchase, but maybe.

The exodus from real this year has really only been Di Maria and he's wanted to leave for over a year already. I could see Illarramendi going out on loan just because of midfield bloat if we don't off load Khedira. We'll see how it shakes out the last week of transfers is always the most fun.

I really don't want Falcao, but if we get him great. I feel like he is like a lot of the Athletico players have been which is hype. He plays great at Athletico but they go off to be mediocre at most elsewhere. Something about Simeone just getting the best out of players.

It's more than just speculation

http://www.marca.com/2014/08/27/futb...409166308.html

it isn't definitive yet but it seems like Perez doesn't want to stop Alonso from going if he wants to go. Apparently Xabi will have a presser tomorrow to state why he is leaving Madrid.

For Bayern, if true, this makes sense if you think about the injuries in midfield (Javi Martinez) and all they have for cover is a 19 year old and a 21 year old player.

It's more than just speculation

http://www.marca.com/2014/08/27/futb...409166308.html

it isn't definitive yet but it seems like Perez doesn't want to stop Alonso from going if he wants to go. Apparently Xabi will have a presser tomorrow to state why he is leaving Madrid.

For Bayern, if true, this makes sense if you think about the injuries in midfield (Javi Martinez) and all they have for cover is a 19 year old and a 21 year old player.
    Must not have been able to pry Khedira away even though he claims a want away. Perez, despite bringing in a few stars, is a terrible president. Letting alonso go leaves a lot of odd choices and no leader in the middle of the pitch for Madrid. Gives us only Khedira in the holding defensive mid position, unless Kroos steps up his defensive play.

I think its a really odd buy for Bayern, out of character for them to pick up an older player. Probably still a better buy than Pep's golden child of Thiago who should never have played in Germany. Too brittle. There are some other good choices out there over Alonso. My only thoguht was Madrid wouldn't let Khedira go.

Fan of both clubs. Yeah, super hollywood over here, but this is just an odd move all around. Maybe it will be enough until Javi comes back.

Deleted
    It's still odd though , Lopez Di Maria and Alonso now gone , those players won a Champions League just last year.

If Xabi leaves, I don't see any way that they will loan Illarramendi as well.

If Xabi leaves, I don't see any way that they will loan Illarramendi as well.
    Or release Khedira.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zevrosh View Post
    It's still odd though , Lopez Di Maria and Alonso now gone , those players won a Champions League just last year.
    Lopez I can see because they brought in Navas and Iker has the heart of Perez. Iker has been awful for two years and I would rather have seen him go than Lopez. I think the biggest loss for the future was Morata. Di Maria was him wanting more money, which I can understand I love the guy, and Perez not wanting to give it and instead sign another damn mid. Not that I dislike James. We just have tooo damn many attacking mids at this point. Especially with Jese returning in a couple months as well.

Alonso is the mind fuck to me, I figured he would retire in 2 years tops. The fee is rumored to be 5 million pounds that can't be right. He's got to be worth more than that. This is all looking stranger by the minute.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2014-08-27 at 11:02 PM.

From what I'm reading, it's more that Xabi Alonso wants to leave rather than Madrid selling him. If Madrid want to be a hardass they don't have to let him leave but Perez doesn't want to be like that with Xabi apparently.

From what I'm reading, it's more that Xabi Alonso wants to leave rather than Madrid selling him. If Madrid want to be a hardass they don't have to let him leave but Perez doesn't want to be like that with Xabi apparently.
    Perez is so bad. Hopefully he'll move on soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Or release Khedira.

- - - Updated - - -

Lopez I can see because they brought in Navas and Iker has the heart of Perez. Iker has been awful for two years and I would rather have seen him go than Lopez. I think the biggest loss for the future was Morata. Di Maria was him wanting more money, which I can understand I love the guy, and Perez not wanting to give it and instead sign another damn mid. Not that I dislike James. We just have tooo damn many attacking mids at this point. Especially with Jese returning in a couple months as well.

Alonso is the mind fuck to me, I figured he would retire in 2 years tops. The fee is rumored to be 5 million pounds that can't be right. He's got to be worth more than that. This is all looking stranger by the minute.
    Morata isn't a loss at all , you've got a buyback clause on the guy.

Apparently we just signed Vadis Odjidja from Club Brugge on a 3 year deal.

I look forward to commentators being unable to pronounce his name

Xabi Alonso is 32y old, if they sell him for 8-10m € i think is a great deal for every part. Bayern gets the player they need, Alonso gets a great final contract for his career and Madrid gets some good money for a player that probably has 1-2 years left of football.

I know he has been very important, but this moment had to arrive sooner or later, and at least now we have Kross that can fulfill the same role. I could perfectly see a midfield with Khedira-Kross-Modric working just fine, although only having Illarramendi as substitute is something bad. Now i miss Casemiro :/

To be honest, i won't be surprised if Alonso renewed his contract with the condition that Madrid made it easy if any team wanted him. Alonso seems the kind of person that loves to travel around the world and meet new cultures, i'm sure he wanted to play in a different league at some point before retiring.

As for Perez... this year he reminds me of his own self in the Galacticos era, when making a football team was not the priority, but i don't blame him for Alonso, i blame him for the whole GK thing, Di Maria...

Deleted
    Getting Zaha back, there is hope for this week at last.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Getting Zaha back, there is hope for this week at last.
    Please, take Cleverley and Anderson as well.