10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    When's this thread being closed?
    Next weekend.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I've watched him play against Arsenal and for England, and not been impressed.
    Firstly, I'm guessing that means that you haven't seen him play in the PL many times if you've only seen him play vs Arsenal. As I suspected. Secondly, England play so badly that really, is there any England player you WOULD rate highly if you only saw them play for England? If you only watched England games you'd conclude that Rooney, Sturridge, Wilshere and co were all dreadful too.

You really ought to trust me on this one. I watched literally every single United game for the last two seasons. He attracts little attention because he rarely scores wonder goals, but you really should trust me: you've signed a talent.

We have six defenders to cover four positions, and one of those defenders has a poor injury record, we need another defender - our fourth choice centreback is our second choice left back, and our third choice centreback is our second choice right back.
    If you have a youngster able to back up the right back position - as I think you do - you have 2 left backs, 2 right backs and 3 centre backs. That's absolutely perfect.
    Last edited by mmoce96c42a774; 2014-09-01 at 11:28 PM.

reports from Sport.es are saying that Valdes has an agreement with Liverpool. I hope that is true for his sake, especially after Monaco screwed him over.

Deleted
    I feel so much Guidetti. Celtic deal seems to be off. Another year without playtime in MAN C for him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    Firstly, I'm guessing that means that you haven't seen him play in the PL many times if you've only seen him play vs Arsenal. As I suspected. Secondly, England play so badly that really, is there any England player you WOULD rate highly if you only saw them play for England? If you only watched England games you'd conclude that Rooney, Sturridge, Wilshere and co were all dreadful too.

You really ought to trust me on this one. I watched literally every single United game for the last two seasons. He attracts little attention because he rarely scores wonder goals, but you really should trust me: you've signed a talent.

If you have a youngster able to back up the right back position - as I think you do - you have 2 left backs, 2 right backs and 3 centre backs. That's absolutely perfect.
    No, one of our backup right backs is completely inexperienced (Bellerin isn't even officially in the first team squad, and I don't recall him ever playing outside of the odd cup games), and the other is Chambers, who hasn't exactly got a lot of games under his belt, and has played about half a dozen games as a centreback in his career.

We've had major injury issues over the last few seasons, worse than any other club, so to go into a season on a gamble is crazy. We have six first team defenders to cover four positions, eight is the traditional requirement for a team that plays a back four, and of those six one is injury prone. A couple of suspensions/injuries and we are at bare bones, and having gone through half a season before when we had no full backs (to the point it destoryed Djourou's confidence having to play as one), I don't really relish the prospect of going into the season without adequate cover.

Arteta and Flamini aren't the quickest, so our defence is regularly left exposed to fast players, and as Mertesacker isn't Usain Bolt, it means our defenders have a tendency to pick up yellows to stop quick breaks, which means suspensions.

Rooney and Sturridge have a record that speaks for itself, and both have had decent games for England, Wilshere had a game where he completely dominated Brazil, he is struggling at the moment for form (though he plays a lot better when Ramsey isn''t there, so perhaps it's just an incompatibility issue).

I can only go on what I've seen, it hasn't been impressive, and as you think Giroud only scores tap ins your opinion hasn't impressed me so far.

Welbeck signed for Arsenal is done deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Falcao to United is a done deal.

Time to get some sleep.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, Hernandez, Kagawa, Welbeck gone. Thank the Gods we held on to Anderson, Cleverley, and Fellaini.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    So, Hernandez, Kagawa, Welbeck gone. Thank the Gods we held on to Anderson, Cleverley, and Fellaini.
    Haha of all the 3 to lose its those three, all of which are competent benchers, I mean its great for the players but shit for the club to be left with the dead weight.

I'm guessing Arsenal will be really happy with Welbeck, and if I'd guess, he will have a similar development like Sturrigde had. If he gets to play up front, and not wasted on the wing, that is. He's going to be good for Arsenal, sadly.

Good deal for both parts, but I know Welbeck is very highly rated among most of the Man Utd supporter so it must be sad to see him go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yepp Welbeck has really grown on me lately and sad to see him go, but with Rooney, van Persie & Falcao it really is just better for both parties that he leaves.

And if it had to be for another english club i prefer that its Arsenal since i actually kind of like them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandz View Post
    Good deal for both parts, but I know Welbeck is very highly rated among most of the Man Utd supporter so it must be sad to see him go.
    He's a local lad that came through the academy, hard not to have a soft spot for him. Sounds like he really wanted to go to Arsenal, hopefully he'll get the game time there to improve because that's what he needs and he was never going to get it at Utd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always thought Wellbeck is overrated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I don't think anyone is going to pretend he's a world class top 6 first eleven 'no brainer' starter, but he's still good back up with a lot of pace. He's only 23, and is what he is, he'd make most premiere league teams better, and right now is probably exactly what Arsenal need until Giroud is back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fellaini being injured was never going to be sold this window, no one wants Anderson after how badly he performed at Fiorentina and Cleverley.. well, yesterday was his chance but he wanted more than clubs were offering, which is laughable because he should take a deal and run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, absolute idiot move by Cleverley not to go. Whatever he'd have lost in wages this season, waiting until next isn't going to get him any better a deal when his contract is up and he hasn't played for 9 months. He's basically chosen to stay where he'll be lucky to keep the bench warm over somewhere he'd have a chance of first team action week in, week out, because money. That isn't going to get him any more England call ups, and must pretty much sum up his attitude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    The opposite. He's chronically underrated. People don't rate him because they don't see him score when they watch the highlights on MotD instead of actually watching him play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, we speak soon about Cleverley, a loan deal to Villa could still be on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cleverley to Villa is done.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    Miracles do happen, probably involves us paying his wages, like we seem to do for everyone we loan out (and in) but its one less deadweight at the club.

Anderson, anyone?