View Poll Results: The one life attribute you would give up?

Voters
287. This poll is closed
  • Eating

29 10.10%
  • Waste Disposal

44 15.33%
  • Growing

67 23.34%
  • Sexual Desire

17 5.92%
  • Sleep

112 39.02%
  • Drinking

10 3.48%
  • Other, let me know in comments!

8 2.79%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I wouldn't agree with that statement at all. Without emotions, you lack desire. Without desire, you lack goals. Without goals, you progress nowhere. You may escape the stress of petty concern that plagues the rest of the population, but your life is nothing more than sitting in a dingy without oars, adrift in an ocean of endless possibilities. There is no direction. Nothing is accomplished.
    well nothing is ever accomplished in all technicality we all die eventually our children all die eventually our pets all die eventually our friends all die eventually....but i see what you are getting at perhaps a on off switch to emotions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    When I'm having a bad day or something, I like having the break in consciousness to separate the bad time from a shiny new happy time. Sleep helps me get past problems, helps me learn things better, and it just feels soooo damned good.
    Yes, I love sleeping too. I love the whole concept of shutting down and letting the world pass me by unnoticed.

Deleted
    defenately eating.
    sleeping as a second.
    sure, i enjoy a nice meal like every other person, but you cant always eat the best stuff you have to live with the cheap from time to time (at least me).
    so, i could just skip eating when i dont want to, just eat 1-2 times a week something i realy want to eat and hey, ill get to keep sooooo much money.
    sleeping seems good on paper, but im currently jobless and many days are just so boooooring. so even with a job i dont think i could fill 16h every day without getting bored with some stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syl3r View Post
    sleeping seems good on paper, but im currently jobless and many days are just so boooooring. so even with a job i dont think i could fill 16h every day without getting bored with some stuff
    No sleep = no tiring = 12hr+ shifts = lots of more people that are unemployed since no 3/4 shift rotations are necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    This is quite a tough choice.
    I'm caught between not sleeping and not aging.
    I'd gain so much more free time if I didn't sleep. That is quite tempting all by itself. You spend what, about a third of your life asleep?
    On the other hand, while I'm not especially afraid of death, the steady decline into old age and decrepitude is quite a frightening prospect to me. It would be amazing to be able to enjoy life to the fullest, right until the end.

I think I'll go for the not aging.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

If it's just me personally, definitely sleep. Could be way more productive without standing out in society as a freak :P. Could easily compete at a workaholic level while still having free time for other things.

If it's me and everyone else, then either eating or sexual desire. No need for food would reduce a lot of the desperation in the world. No sexual desire would also reduce a lot of problems in the world, assuming that it didn't horribly neuter birth levels and drive us into extinction in a few generations.

Lack of aging, for either me or society strikes me as a terrible thing. We tend to view our lives based on how long we can expect to live. Living longer would just have us be more tolerant of things moving slowly. Infinite life would likely remove a lot of the motivation to achieve things.
    Last edited by Yakrion; 2014-06-16 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    Drinking, It woulden't even save me any money, so whats the upside?
    If you get stranded in a desert you won't die from dehydration

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Growing old is miserable. I worked for my parents for a bit, and they work with retirement/nursing homes. End of life is absolutely miserable, your body just falls apart. Easy choice, personally. I never want to be old, even though I'm already a good chunk on my way there. I could handle being "old" in age only, even if that meant that you still die at some normal age.

I voted for sleeping. If I no longer needed to sleep, (and assuming my family didn't, either) I could work my whole week in 2 days, and spend the rest with my family and doing even more fun things!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Other - Sweating b/c heat.

There are a lot of other good ones there, but this has bothered me in the last 30 minutes so it gets priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitkanen View Post

There are a lot of other good ones there, but this has bothered me in the last 30 minutes so it gets priority.
    Haha, love it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    These 3 are connected. If nothing goes in then nothing should come out as well.
    Yes, they are all connected, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be separate.

Point in case: Though you don't need to eat, you still can, so you would still have to deal with waste disposal if you choose eating and ate for pleasure.

Same issue can be brought up for drinking.

Also, if you choose waste disposal, nothing matters about eating or drinking, you will just magically never need to have to do them again.

So yes, they are connected, but just because you might choose one or the other doesn't mean you wouldn't have to deal with the others that are connected, in this way they should remain separate, because they are all advantageous separately yet don't completely dominate the others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitkanen View Post

This is something I would pick too, since I sweat a lot and walk around a lot...

10+ Year Old Account
    Sleeping is a waste of time tbh.