Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    How do the prisoners live in the US prisons, generally? I mean; where are they getting raped? How can they avoid the guards? Do they share cells and that's where it happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    How do the prisoners live in the US prisons, generally? I mean; where are they getting raped? How can they avoid the guards? Do they share cells and that's where it happens?
    I'm certain a lot of guards don't care if it happens anyways. They see prisoners as animals and don't give a shit if they rape and kill each other because it's less vermin they have to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    that's funny the link in the *first line* (!) of your post uses the correct *than* but you somehow fail to acknowledge it in your title. very sad indeed.
    Grammar errors. It has been known to happen even to the best of us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobu Oshino View Post
    We have a number od 216,000.

We do not have a ratio.

We have a number of 213,000 and a 9/10ths ratio.

We cannot accurately calculate the national occurrences without that ratio, is that so hard?

Last time I checked prisons are separated into male and female. I think mentioning both genders covers everyone. You are clearly not understanding what I am trying to say.
    Okay troll. I'll bite. http://ojp.gov/reviewpanel/pdfs/prea...eport_2012.pdf

Among inmates reporting inmate-on-inmate sexual victimization 13% of male prisoner, 19% of male jail inmates and 4% of female inmates in both prisons and jails said they were victimized within the first twenty-four hours of admission to a facility. Among inmates reporting staff-on-inmate sexual victimization 16% of male prisoners, 30 % of male jail inmates and 5% of female prisoners and 4 of female jail inmates said they were victimized within the first twenty-four hours of admission to a facility.
    The numbers in percentages of victims even out to similar level if they count the entire year period. But most victims are male by the simple fact that of the 2.2 million people incarcerated in the U.S women make up only about 100,000.

Infracted - do not call other posters trolls
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2014-06-16 at 12:06 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Okay troll. I'll bite. http://ojp.gov/reviewpanel/pdfs/prea...eport_2012.pdf

The numbers in percentages of victims even out to similar level if they count the entire year period. But most victims are male by the simple fact that of the 2.2 million people incarcerated in the U.S women make up only about 100,000.
    Is it so hard to understand what I am asking?

The first number provides a percentage to the gender of the victim.

The second one does not, give me that and it's all over and done. 19 pages later you still haven't done that. You keep moving the numbers goalpost, first it was over the course of the entire year, now it's within 24 hours?

Nixx said it earlier, there isn't enough information to draw a conclusion that the claim is false. Because of that though there isn't enough to claim it true.

Ask for a set of numbers and people get pissy over it.
    Last edited by mmoc6a25ff8f76; 2014-06-15 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    Prisoners don't always have a cell to themselves due to the amount of prisoners locked up, so often, yes they do share.

In many cases though, the guards simply do not care. They deal with abuse from the prisoners and often are underpaid and overworked so they develop apathy towards the prisoners and anything that happens to them.

Anecdotal but my father worked as a prison guard at the Virginia State Penitentiary for about 3 or 4 months before quitting, not necessarily because of work conditions, but because of the things his supervisors expected him to let slide and the lack of care from his higher ups when reporting cases of inmate on inmate violence or sexual assault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Is it so hard to understand what I am asking?

The first number provides a percentage to the gender of the victim.

The second one does not, give me that and it's all over and done. 19 pages later you still haven't done that. You keep moving the numbers goalpost, first it was over the course of the entire year, now it's within 24 hours?

Nixx said it earlier, there isn't enough information to draw a conclusion that the claim is false. Because of that though there isn't enough to claim it true.

Ask for a set of numbers and people get pissy over it.
    READ THE DAMN REPORT I LINKED!!! I can't copy paste a 100 page PDF here. You asked for percentage ratios by gender. I gave you:

1, Total number of prison population by gender.
    2, Number of victims by percentage.

Read the report before you ask another question. Because you are asking nonsensical circular stupid questions, that are obvious flame baits. Of course people get pissy at you. You are being obnoxious, and totally refuse to read any of the sources linked.

IT'S NOT A CLAIM!!! IT'S A JUSTICE DEPARTMENT REPORT!
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2014-06-15 at 11:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    IT'S NOT A CLAIM!!! IT'S A JUSTICE DEPARTMENT REPORT!
    A claim is a claim regardless of who it comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    I would like you to take a moment and think about this. The human race has been able to accomplish everything that is has so far because of reproduction. The more of us that there are, the higher chances that another Einstein or any other smart scientist will be born. Even one person not reproducing could lead to a scientific discovery taking many more years. For all we know, gays might be the key to the next straight step in evolution genetically speaking (smarter humans) . Reproducing, however, also means that there are chances that a new Hitler will appear.
    I want you to think about this: mass starvation, nuclear war, mass genocide. Your argument about the next Einstein assumes that Einstein was born to be who he was. Nobody is born to be great, their greatness comes a multitude of factors, not the least of which being the society they were born into and the opportunities they were afforded. The greater your population on the same resources, the less opportunity you're going to have.

So you are saying that gays aren't normal? I don't get it. I think you misunderstood what I was saying. It is the media and society who are forcing this point of view, just as society and the media eventually forced white people to put up with black people.
    Fuck this, I'm out. If you think that being prevent from enslaving or oppressing a group is being forced to put up with them, you're a fucking idiot.

A claim is a claim regardless of who it comes from.
    FFFFFFFFF haha, refusing evidence culminating in a 100 page report in pdf form, from the Department of Justice. You will literally fight to not be wrong even if we shoved it down your throat by hand. This is gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    His whole point is "equality". (incoming made up numbers) If 90% of women are raped, and 10% of men are raped..these two things should garner the same concern equally, because rape is wrong. At least that's the point some people are making.
    This is it exactly. Rape is wrong, PERIOD. You can't go and say, "Hurrrr I'm not making about it gender hurrrrr," and then go and repeatedly ask for gender ratios for rape and assault in prison. It's true I don't give a flying fuck about these ratios you keep asking for, what I'm getting at is you're a hypocrite in disguise, and a horrible one at that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Men are put with men in prison. Men are by and large the majority of sex offenders. Not to say that women don't do it, but the statistics are overwhelingly stacked against men as the perpetrators. So naturally, if men only board with men, then of course in PRISON, men would be more likely to be victims of rape and assault, because they're placed with men who do these things.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    For one thing I am shocked that people can actually say that women live in fear of being raped. Not saying it is not true, just shocked cause it sounds so foreign to me.

Ideally the issue of rape should be handled by social engineering.
    It's fearmonering, perpetuated by absurd studies like those linked earlier in this thread, where the "researchers" do stupid things like call a small unrepresentative number of people, ask them ambiguous questions like "have anyone ever told you something they knew wasn't true to get you to have sex with them", then call all the ambiguity rape and extrapolate it to the entire population. So you get statistics like one in five women will be raped in their lifetimes, even though almost nothing of what's called "rape" in that statistic would be considered rape by any reasonable person, and those same criteria applied to men yield the same results as well (so by the same logic that 1 in 5 women will be raped 1 in 5 men will be raped; not counting prisons).

Then they remove all the parts that aren't good for their insane fearmongering (like leaving out the part about what their stats say about men being raped), and constantly repeat their lies over and over again to create this environment of fear, the goal behind which is all the usual stuff. Money ('women are being raped; donate to us and we'll stop it!'), political power ('women are being raped; vote for us and we'll stop it!'), the usual misandry ('look how horrible men are; women are much better'), etc.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Here comes the misandry crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Anecdotal but my father worked as a prison guard at the Virginia State Penitentiary for about 3 or 4 months before quitting, not necessarily because of work conditions, but because of the things his supervisors expected him to let slide and the lack of care from his higher ups when reporting cases of inmate on inmate violence or sexual assault.
    And it happens because unless you have someone in your life who is in prison, you generally don't think about the problem beyond 'they're locked away where they should be and what happens happens'. People don't think about it, they don't empathize with it. Their solution is 'then don't get sent to prison' and they wash their hands of it. Meantime the system just keeps ticking along as it has been.