Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Gay culture? What the hell are you smoking? They're just like anyone else.
    Gays aren't like anyone else, specially not when so many homosexual men are overrepresented in STD's in the USA.
    (Yeah I can provide links if necessary, or you can do your own research if you don't believe me). This isn't ''gay bashing''.

Specially ''gay parades'' certainly are NOT ''just like anyone else''.

I don't know why it's a contest to see who gets raped more. That's so unbelievably childish it boggles my mind.

That's just telling the world you want the victim card to play in your hand.

Rape against either gender is a problem, let's deal with it as much as we can.

why would you post this the women are going to complain about it now

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I don't know why it's a contest to see who gets raped more. That's so unbelievably childish it boggles my mind.

That's just telling the world you want the victim card to play in your hand.

Rape against either gender is a problem, let's deal with it as much as we can.
    It's more about dishonest thread title. Numbers should be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Gays aren't like anyone else, specially not when so many homosexual men are overrepresented in STD's in the USA.
    (Yeah I can provide links if necessary, or you can do your own research if you don't believe me). This isn't ''gay bashing''.

I agree with this. Gay parades turn into.. well.. if you don't like it, I would recommend not going near one. That of course doesn't mean that every single gay person in the parade is performing indecent acts in public or that they are all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post

Irish people have parades, are they not "like anyone else"? People in Africa high a rate of AIDS, are they not "like anyone else" ?

It's more about dishonest thread title. Numbers should be right.
    I dono, the numbers are irrelevant to me. It doesn't matter how many or how few it happens to, the fact that it happens at all is infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    While this is true, humans, unlike animals, have the capacity to distinguish between these straight and gay behaviors.

As a sentient race, the need to reproduce should outweigh the gay part since it is an essential part for the continuation/evolution.
    That's the kind of retarded thinking that places value on women over men. Reproductive capability hasn't been a relevant factor in a fucking long time.

I can understand why you asked him/her about his religion... but his age? come on, not every person under 50 agrees with that .... behavior. Nor do they follow the flock of sheep that have been brain washed by society and the media into thinking that if you think gays are not normal, then it automatically labels you as an outcast.
    There's a difference between thinking gays aren't normal and thinking they're scum worthy of execution. Also, reinforcing your specific idea of what is normal or saying that what is average is normal is oppressive, not just to gays but to anybody who dares to think or be anything but the average or the expected.

Gays are not liked by some for many reasons; because there are those that think is unnatural, because you don't see straight people shouting "hey, look at me, I am normal just like you" every chance they get, because of religion and beliefs, or simply because they find it disgusting.
    Actually, you see straight people doing that shit all the fucking time. How many times do you hear people talking about how sexy some guy/girl is or bragging about some romantic conquest? 'cause I hear it a fucking lot and I live in a rather sexually-repressed state. It's also not unexpected for people who have been socially oppressed and downtrodden to be happy in just declaring what they are. Little kids get excited when they found out it's not the end of the world for somebody else to know who the have a crush on.

Regardless of the reason, society is forcing those that don't agree with it to embrace the whole gay culture and live with it as if nothing. If nothing changes, something similar to the KKK might get founded based on the principle of hating gays. Aren't the KKK tax exempt? mmmm... who feels like not paying taxes and doing what they love the most? I have better things to do, but do include me in the tax thing.
    Actually, no, society isn't forcing anybody to 'embrace the whole gay culture and live with it as if nothing', society is saying "stop oppressing this significant part of your population". Being able to oppress others isn't a right nor is stopping that oppression a form of oppression.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    I agree with this. Gay parades turn into.. well.. if you don't like it, I would recommend not going near one. That of course doesn't mean that every single gay person in the parade is performing indecent acts in public or that they are all bad.
    Are you somebody who interprets any sort of friendly act by a homosexual as a sexual advance?

Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

I'm not inclined to believe that at all.

Sure, rape is a problem for both genders but I'm not inclined to believe more men are raped than women considering this: https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/210346.pdf

Also, the article specifically says:
    If you actually pay attention to the original post you might notice that it is mentioned that Prison Rape statistics have never been included in those reports. Because they were never even counted before.
    Sexual assault is not always rape.
    *slowclap*
    Woman rapes a guy, gives birth to child and has custody of the child.
    I don't see why you should take the child from the woman unless she abuses it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    If you actually pay attention to the original post you might notice that it is mentioned that Prison Rape statistics have never been included in those reports. Because they were never even counted before.
    It still won't be more, even with that included. Also, sexual assault doesn't always equal to rape.

It still won't be more, even with that included. Also, sexual assault doesn't always equal to rape.
    From The Guardian

According to Rainn, there are 213,000 victims of sexual assault in the US every year. More than 9/10ths of those victims are women and girls. The numbers Rainn uses come from the DOJ National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS). The NCVS, though, is clear that its methodology for gathering sexual assault stats is pretty limited, and probably doesn't present a 100% accurate picture of what victims experience. The NCVS also doesn't seem to include prisoners (at least as far as I can tell), but would include people who were sexually assaulted in prison within the past year, but were out of prison at the time the NCVS was taken. So there's likely some overlap, although very small, between the two surveys.
    The DoJ estimates an additional 216000 cases in the Prison system. Considering that give or take 2%, 95% of the Prison population is male... add to that the severe under reporting, the institutional attitudes of "suck it up", or actively encouraging rape against male prisoners and the utter lack of any type of disciplinary actions or measures to protect victims...the number could possibly be ever higher then the DoJ's very conservative estimates.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2014-06-15 at 05:40 AM.
    *slowclap*

From The Guardian

The DoJ estimates an additional 216000 cases in the Prison system. Considering that give or take 2%, 95% of the Prison population is male...

WOW! Congratulations. I don't even know what to say now. So you are a rape apologist now, as long as the victims are male?

I'm dumbstruck. You are fucking amazing. And not in a good way. I don't even have words for you.

Or you haven't really read the articles? The DoJ uses a different category system for prison rape, and they explain pretty well what and why they consider rape.
    *slowclap*

I'd be curious how long it would be fun if we had prison/jail systems without gender separation.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    I'd be curious how long it would be fun if we had prison/jail systems without gender separation.
    The women would be violently raped by the male inmates with a shred of power, in prison you get by via strength and dominance; Some short-timers keep to themselves and serve said sentences (Generally less than 3 years) but anything longer, or in a more severe holding facility and you'll be required to join a gang to survive.

WOW! Congratulations. I don't even know what to say now. So you are a rape apologist now, as long as the victims are male?
    No, right should be right. Sexual assault includes unwanted touching, among other things.

From The Guardian

The DoJ estimates an additional 216000 cases in the Prison system. Considering that give or take 2%, 95% of the Prison population is male... add to that the severe under reporting, the institutional attitudes of "suck it up", or actively encouraging rape against male prisoners and the utter lack of any type of disciplinary actions or measures to protect victims...the number could possibly be ever higher then the DoJ's very conservative estimates.
    The department divides sexual abuse in detention into four categories. Most straightforward, and most common, is rape by force or the threat of force. An estimated 69,800 inmates suffered this in 2008. The second category, "nonconsensual sexual acts involving pressure", includes 36,100 inmates coerced by such means as blackmail, offers of protection and demanded payment of a jailhouse "debt". This is still rape by any reasonable standard.

An estimated 65,700 inmates, including 6,800 juveniles, had sex with staff "willingly". But it is illegal in all 50 states for corrections staff to have any sexual contact with inmates. Since staff can inflict punishments including behavioural reports that may extend the time people serve, solitary confinement, loss of even the most basic privileges such as showering and (legally or not) violence, it is often impossible for inmates to say no. Finally, the department estimates that there were 45,000 victims of "abusive sexual contacts" in 2008: unwanted touching by another inmate "of the inmate's buttocks, thigh, penis, breasts, or vagina in a sexual way". Overall, most victims were abused not by other inmates but, like Jan, by corrections staff: agents of our government, paid with our taxes, whose job it is to keep inmates safe.
    So it seems rape, forcible violent rape, is by far the biggest contributor of these findings; And is closely followed by coerced sex, ergo, rape.

I mean, it seems such a catch-up to get choked over the figures when it's a huge amount regardless; True, it's an oversight to claim the figure is all rapes, but eh.

It might be a huge amount but it's a dishonest thread title because it doesn't get anywhere close.
    Indeed it is, i don't debate nor discredit that.
    Last edited by Manakin; 2014-06-15 at 05:51 AM.

It might be a huge amount but it's a dishonest thread title because it doesn't get anywhere close.

That is what YOU SAY. Would you back it up with something beyond your personal opinion please?
    *slowclap*

Quote Originally Posted by Dave696 View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    There's no such thing as bigotry when it comes to gays. Homophobia doesn't exist. It's just an excuse made up by the gays and their supporters in an attempt to make the rest of us feel guilty for not supporting them. It's a psychological trick. Homosexuality is heterophobia. Otherwise they wouldn't be trying to turn children gay at a young age.
    FYI Humans are the only organisms who kill and hate each other for no logical reason. Homosexuality exists in different species. Chaos and disorders are part of nature.

If it's not homophobia then it certainly is xenophobia and repulsiveness against homosexuals. Have fun. Caveman.

Last edited by Zelbert; 2014-06-15 at 06:00 AM.