Thread: Finnaly I QUIT!

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Finnaly I QUIT!

For so long it has been poisoning my mind and my body.
    For last 8 years I threw so much money on it!
    My friends kept telling me to stop it that it ruins me and I didn't believe them.
    Eventually my friends left me.

Today was the last time I ever did it!

Today I finally decided to quit smoking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bwahaha, well played.

Congrats though! Didn't feel like getting cancer eh?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good job! Remember, if you ever feel the need to do it again, just stop, smile, and tell yourself how great it is to be a non-smoker

Deleted
    Wanna get high ?

Deleted
    How are you quitting? I went cold turkey and it worked for me, I have not smoked in years now.

It's a bit rough at first, but once you get past that you'll definitely notice how much better you feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the Club, Friend! Just made my One Year Smoke Free (6/2) - It's an amazing feeling and even more awesome with all the extra money you'll now have

10+ Year Old Account
    Smoking is for kids and is dieing.
    Malboro only cares about profits and puts no effort into their product.
    I remember when smoking was cool, but now its way too easy and no one does it (especially in New York.)

In all seriousness, if you actually did overcome this vice I am very happy to hear that. Remember, life is what you make it. If you chose to quit smoking you understand its negative repercussions. More power to you.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

Grats man

sidenote: I missed this was in off-topic forum at first and just assumed it was another done with WoW thread amazing how alike they are lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Congratz man! Having a friend who quit smoking about a year ago it changed both his and my life. He quit cold turkey as well.

Only tip I could give you is to keep a pack or whatever somewhere just for the feeling. I've heard stories that when you get rid of all of your cigarettes you start craving them more than having a pack of them laying around somewhere out of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqur View Post
    My friends kept telling me to stop it that it ruins me and I didn't believe them.

Best swerve ever. Good job and good decision. Key is to keep focused on quitting and to ignore any cravings you feel. It's much easier for most to say that they're going to do it than actually do it, so keep strong and good luck
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Deleted
    I played wow since start of BC and i just quitted when wildstar came out, its really not that hard, havent been online in world of warcraft for around 5 months now, WoW is always the same old shiet When u play another game for a while u realise that,

Yeah, hope I can make it few days without that garbage at first.

congrats man. addiction is definitely hard to overcome. stay strong and stick with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

Congrats, hopefully it's for good. I just hope for the day when the people I care about stop doing it as well. It amazes me that people do it in the first place, and continue, even after seeing and feeling the side effects of it first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    I played wow since start of BC and i just quitted when wildstar came out, its really not that hard, havent been online in world of warcraft for around 5 months now, WoW is always the same old shiet When u play another game for a while u realise that,
    Methinks you may need to read past the title.

Congrats, man. That's a huge feat.

I quit smoking 8 years ago. Went cold turkey. No.Fucking.Fun. But well worth it. I feel great now (oh god I can remember when I could finally taste food).
    Hope you stick with it.

Finally I can attend those English lessons!
    Stay salty my friends.

I feel compelled to quote Bill Braudis.

you know, my father smoked a lot, and, uh, he's been smoking for years. He tried to quit, you know, he tried everything. He tried hypnosis, and it didn't really take. And then he tried that thing with all the needles, what do they call that... heroin. He loves it. We can't get it away from him, now.

One day OP? You got a long ways.

Do you have any advice on how to start smoking? It's something I've always wanted to get into. I buy packs of cigarettes to always have on hand, I try to remember to smoke and inhale deeply at least 3 times a day. Despite this I just don't find myself craving a cigarette, and often forget I have them in the house, for days or weeks. I went on on the nicotine patch to try to help form an addiction, but after a lot of wasted time and $$ I'm still not craving Cigs.

I bought a motorcycle and a leather jacket and spend as much time standing next to pool tables as I can, but it's not making me look as cool as I wanted without the cigarette hanging out of my mouth to complete the image.
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger