10+ Year Old Account

Problems with fps in Wow

First, I'm not a computer savvy person so I hope someone can help in simple english. Having a major problem that has now stopped me from playing Wow and I'm bummed. When I first log on the fps are great, usually anywhere from 75-85...but within a matter of 2 or 3 minutes they have dropped to anywhere from 5-15 max. Did driver upgrade for video card, turned off all add-ons, made sure nothing was running in back ground and did a 10 hour full virus scan. Still doing same thing. Is my video card try to take a crap? Any ideas? Only other thing the computer does is once in awhile it gets real laggy logging onto the internet. Would really appreciate any thoughts on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    First thing I would check is temps. Download Speccy, HWMonitor, and CoreTemp (I only recommend all three because 10% of each of them seems to have issues with one setup or another, so its good to get a 'second opinion'

Also, what CPU setup do you have?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a laptop ? I had problems with mine , it was desableing the graphics card with no reason and i was playing on onboard graphics instead . Try to make a roll back in your computer see if that helps too , i had to format my laptop in order for the problem to go. Also Try download a temp monitor program to check if the GFX reaches too high temps, that may cause fps drop too i think. And i recomend u remove your antivirus i had only problems with mine no matter witch one i used :P.
    InWin 301 - Corsair SF600 - i5 6600k @ 4ghz - NZXT X52 - Asus Z170i Pro Gaming - HyperX Fury 2x8gb DDR4 @ 2333Mhz - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming @2040Mhz - Nvme Samsung Evo 250Gb - Samsung Evo 750 500Gb And Kingston V300 120GB - HDD WD Caviar Green 2TB In External Case - Corsair K95 RGB - Corsair Scimitar RGB Black - Asus Rog Swift 348Q 3440x1440 @ 100Hz -

Deleted
    Probably a defective Upgrade/Windows Upgrade is causing the FPS lag/spikes. I had the same issue once I bought my Computer and after few days the lag spikes appeared after a big Windows Update. So I downloaded Advanced Systemcare 4 <-- For free) (Now I have Kaspersky Pure 3.0) and it deleted the buggy file. then everything was working fine till now. I would recommend you to download it so you can find the defective Windows/file.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    First thing I would check is temps. Download Speccy, HWMonitor, and CoreTemp (I only recommend all three because 10% of each of them seems to have issues with one setup or another, so its good to get a 'second opinion'

Also, what CPU setup do you have?
    It's a few years old...3-4..can't remember. Intel Core i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20 GHz, 3201 MHz, 2 core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    I'll go find those temp monitors.

When did the problem start? I'm guessing something you updated or installed is causing these issues if they just started happening.