Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Remove class ccs/increase the cooldown of the remaining ccs/remove aura mastery/spirit shell/shadow offhealing/armor buffs/disarms but keep 99% of the rogue cc in the game. PvP is going to be fun, especially sub 100

Of course there is a small chance that pvp (balance) will turn out great but experience tells me otherwise.
    Last edited by Scooby Dooby Doo; 2014-06-19 at 11:56 PM.

I find this concept that everyone throws around- that certain spells can only be overpowered or useless- ridiculous. I've seen this logic used for many spells and it's just not true. You simply tone down the numbers slowly. For instance, with SS you could further nerf the duration or nerf the duration of the shields it applies. You could also alter damage patterns such that theyre not easily covered by SS (or, more ideally, have different fights with different patterns). You could even remove PoH from SS- making it single target only. Would it be used far less? Yes, but it would remain interesting and useful in some situations.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tachycardias View Post
    I find this concept that everyone throws around- that certain spells can only be overpowered or useless- ridiculous. I've seen this logic used for many spells and it's just not true. You simply tone down the numbers slowly. For instance, with SS you could further nerf the duration or nerf the duration of the shields it applies. You could also alter damage patterns such that theyre not easily covered by SS (or, more ideally, have different fights with different patterns). You could even remove PoH from SS- making it single target only. Would it be used far less? Yes, but it would remain interesting and useful in some situations.
    I like the idea of using SS as an Inner Focus-type CD: hit it and the next PoH or Heal you do is a shield; give it a 15-20 second CD or something, and it becomes something more rotational for disc and adds to the flavor of the spec. Maybe some would find it too tedious in that form, idk.

Deleted
    Could always untie Spirit Shell totally from relying upon Prayer of Healing and make it a 3 second cast time ability (lowered by haste) which places a shield that is affected by mastery, crit and multistrike (could even be Power Word: Shield) on all targets in a group within X yards or 4 players within X of a target, preferring non-shielded players. Add in a charge system for this ability and with a suitable recharge time you would have a pretty interesting spell with no exceptionally clear cut usage since you could bank charges for a classical Spirit Shell approach or use them one at a time for spot shielding.

That is probably a terrible idea though.

Deleted
    from what i see on the alpha.. i'm already watching towards holy with one eye hoping there will be changes to disc til release

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    Could always untie Spirit Shell totally from relying upon Prayer of Healing and make it a 3 second cast time ability (lowered by haste) which places a shield that is affected by mastery, crit and multistrike (could even be Power Word: Shield) on all targets in a group within X yards or 4 players within X of a target, preferring non-shielded players. Add in a charge system for this ability and with a suitable recharge time you would have a pretty interesting spell with no exceptionally clear cut usage since you could bank charges for a classical Spirit Shell approach or use them one at a time for spot shielding.

That is probably a terrible idea though.
    Answer to disc's aoe / group-based PoH woes? Leave PoH as is, add in this new aoe absorb spell and axe holy nova (please for the love of god)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    I found this post by Twistedmind over on the blizz alpha forums. He's given some great feedback on how disc feels on the alpha currently, and the results are as grim as expected :|

Frightening to say the least. I really wish Blizz would pull their head out of the sand and answer some of our tweets etc about this issue, but they seem to be actively avoiding questions regarding healers in general.
    Oh but they do? Haven't you seen the recent blue tweets?
    Belittling, ridicule and insults galore. What more can you ask for?

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Oh but they do? Haven't you seen the recent blue tweets?
    Belittling, ridicule and insults galore. What more can you ask for?
    Yes I've seen all the recent blue tweets. None on disc at all. Very few on holy. Few and far between on most other healers. MW is just about the only one they openly discuss.