Unhappy Can DK do belts on heroic Siegecrafter Blackfuse?

Hey guys,

I was asked if I could do the belts on heroic Siegecrafter but I failed really badly because I did not really have enough burst since I had to move in the opening to avoid getting killed by the fire lasers thing on the belt. I was wondering if DK can really do the belts on heroic Siegecrafter? If yes, do you guys have any tips how to do it properly?

Note: I can do it on normal without any issue

(assuming 10man)you'd really need higher than 580+ ilvl to do it. You really should go up with someone
    dw/2hand frost: 2hand would probably work better but you'd probably have some range issues. as DW I could do about 7mil with pof+synapse springs (missing ~3mil damage) but that was before the 4/4 upgrades and I was probably ~578sh

unholy can not do it period. even when I was using unholy frenzy and gargoyle frost was still easily doing double the damage.

Currently I am only around 575 ilevel and DW. But I think that melee is at a huge disadvantage on the belts since you can't stay on the target

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    (assuming 10man)you'd really need higher than 580+ ilvl to do it. You really should go up with someone
    dw/2hand frost: 2hand would probably work better but you'd probably have some range issues. as DW I could do about 7mil with pof+synapse springs (missing ~3mil damage) but that was before the 4/4 upgrades and I was probably ~578sh

unholy can not do it period. even when I was using unholy frenzy and gargoyle frost was still easily doing double the damage.
    I'm not sure the OP was asking as to whether a DK could solo them. As for damage figures, they're largely irrelevant if you have more than 1 person on the belt as it depends on how long they're alive - I was averaging ~6.5 - 7m per belt as DW with 558 ilevel on the first week of heroics, doing it with an Ele Shaman.

OT: Having done the belt as DW Frost back in 10-man I can confirm DKs are definitely a viable option for the belt damage-wise. There's the opportunity cost the factor in however - is the raid losing more in sending you on the belt than if you were sending someone else on it? As for how do it properly, there's not much to tell you, just learn the pattern in which the Disintegration Beams alternate and you'll be good.

You can, i have done it with a rogue with me at 577 ilevel, and we managed to kill it before the second beams.
    DW frost.

However, DK`s are still one of the worst to send up there, poor burst unless you use cooldowns and poor mobility.
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2014-06-13 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    However, DK`s are still one of the worst to send up there, poor burst unless you use cooldowns and poor mobility.
    If your primary objective is to maximise damage on the weapons Frost DKs are actually a pretty decent pick with PoF lining up for every belt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    You can, i have done it with a rogue with me at 577 ilevel, and we managed to kill it before the second beams.
    DW frost.

Well then you use cd's? 1min cd on pillar and whatnot...

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesa View Post
    If your primary objective is to maximise damage on the weapons Frost DKs are actually a pretty decent pick with PoF lining up for every belt.
    Maybe, but that matters little when almost every other dps spec in the game is still better than us at it.
    Well except for shadow priest and fire mage maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by reebelraabel View Post
    Well then you use cd's? 1min cd on pillar and whatnot...
    Don`t use CD`s, i rather use them for blackfuse or mines.
    That being said, rogue obviously "carry" me a bit on the belt, i`m more there to just help out.

Quote Originally Posted by efwow View Post
    Currently I am only around 575 ilevel and DW. But I think that melee is at a huge disadvantage on the belts since you can't stay on the target
    Yes, you can stay on the target. Just memorize the pattern for each belt you go up on and it's trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    Yes, you can stay on the target. Just memorize the pattern for each belt you go up on and it's trivial.
    ...or look ahead and move to stay on target and dodge the beams. I might be bad, not trying to learn the patterns, but I have to particular trouble staying on my target and not getting all crispy up there.

Deleted
    Me and the hunter in our guild do the belt trivially with no issue, Myself being a 582 DW Frost, the patterns are almost identical each time with a few exceptions so just memorise those and you'll be fine