Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzfun View Post
    Do you not understand that by attacking (by attacking i mean exposing inconsistency and lack of evidence for their claims) religious people in this thread i tried to show OP and everybody else how ridiculous those religious are, and how pathetic and immoral are people who defends something like stoning to death for a bunch of WORDS? I'm not in any way trying to regulate what people should think, how do you think you would even achieve such a thing? However you are dumb if you believe in unproven and undemonstrable things, plain and simple. I'm not even saying that they are stupid, i probably hold a lot of those unjustified beliefs and i am stupid because of that, the thing is that i dont run away from criticism with my ears closed.
    You apparently don't even know what christians believe in so how can you argue against them? Christians would never defend stoning someone to death as they follow the teachings of Jesus, which make a few of the Old Testament laws irrelevant, the one you keep insisting in being one of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Getting a strange Déjà-vu here. Didn't you post the exact same thread months ago? Or then it was some other 18 year old. Would seem like a common issue then.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Baileethemain View Post
    Hello, I don't know if this thread would be suitable to the forums or anything but leggo. Also If it's the wrong place to post then I'm sorry.

I've just turned 18, and it's great and everything. But I'll try to explain it as good as I possibly can. I've come to a realisation that when I'm dead I won't matter anymore, I believe that when a person dies. The person, dissapears. You have no memories before birth because of course you didn't live before that, when you die it will all be black you will go into the nothingness. It is a terrifying feeling, I can somewhat sense a darkness of it and it has turned my life after I became 18 into a more depressing period. Before I turned 18 I were looking forward for it, now I have no age to look forward to and it's terrifying.

I honestly don't know what answers I'm looking for, or if I even look for any answers at all. I just want some insight or at least something that could comfort me, I don't think I need any help from anyone into this field of profession (in real life) but I don't know who else to talk about this with. I don't want to make them as depressed as it makes me.

Anyways, thanks in advance and sorry for ruining your happy sunday night/morning or monday morning.

-edit- Also sorry for not organizing it, I just wrote what was on my mind and on the run. Again, sorry.
    1. You might want to talk to someone professional who deals with mental illness.

2. Regardless of what happens after you die, your life is what you make it. Even if there's nothing afterward, what matters now is what you do with your life while you're alive. Decide what you want to do with your life and make the best of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark Son View Post
    You apparently don't even know what christians believe in so how can you argue against them? Christians would never defend stoning someone to death as they follow the teachings of Jesus, which make a few of the Old Testament laws irrelevant, the one you keep insisting in being one of them.
    Start with some evidence. Not to mention matthew 5 17 and other juicy new testament stuff about slavery. Are you even real?
    Oh, just came to mind. Was it THEN moral? of course it wasn't.
    Last edited by Mouzfun; 2014-06-16 at 02:57 PM.

Deleted
    Start with some evidence. Not to mention matthew 5 17 and other juicy new testament stuff about slavery. Are you even real?
    Oh, just came to mind. Was it THEN moral? of course it wasn't.
    ''Let him who is without sin cast the first stone'' John 8:7

Cool, now slavery and the stuff like killing your disobidient children (jesus said that's okay) dont forget evidence that that's the word of god who is real. Btw john 8:7 is a metaphore, only good people can stone others to death you see my fellow christian. I won't play your word game from 2000 y/o book of fairy tales, obviously you can support everything that you like with the bible, that alone is sufficient to dismiss it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have never worried about such a thing, I have also have had parents, relatives and a lot of friends pass over the years, I remember them fondly from time to time. I also know that my days is coming, when that happens I have no idea (know one does) you have to live in the moment and not dwell on things you have very little control over, someday your simply going to die and not exist that is the plain cold hard fact. I am 52 now so I have more than a few year on you. At 18 I was not concerned with when I was going to die and whom would remember when I passed.

I was more concerned with how I was going to live and make living for myself, at the goals I had set for myself and where I had what it took to make that all happen. Now at 52, which I am 8 years older than when my dad past away, so I feel fortunate that my children still have me, because at when he past I still had so many questions and no one to answer them. I had to venture out on my own to find these answer and talked to others along the way to get my feet on the ground. I joined the US Navy, became a man, looked back at what I learned as a child and set a course that would carry me to the current day. It by no means has been a prefect journey, lot of pothole along the way, but if I died tomorrow I would be pretty satisfied where I have ended up.

I have not clue if there is an afterlife, not sure I will know even if/when I get there, I was raised to believe, so I believe. You have to chart your own path and dwell not on when you die, but how you chose to live your life going forward, that is all you can do.
    Last edited by Apexis; 2014-06-16 at 03:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark Son View Post
    Christians would never defend stoning someone to death as they follow the teachings of Jesus
    If a man does not abide in me, he is cast forth as a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire and burned.
    -Jesus Christ

I still wanna answer for this

Infracted - religius discussion is not permitted here
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2014-06-16 at 03:46 PM.

Deleted
    I am more concerned that when I retire it will be all these emo whiners who actually have to get shit done. Not a great outlook.

Deleted
    I dont get that way of thinking. Why does anything have to matter? Not enjoying the moment? Think about something fun you can do later or tomorrow or the next week.. there's your meaning

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you not understand that by attacking (by attacking i mean exposing inconsistency and lack of evidence for their claims) religious people in this thread i tried to show OP and everybody else how ridiculous those religious are, and how pathetic and immoral are people who defends something like stoning to death for a bunch of WORDS? I'm not in any way trying to regulate what people should think, how do you think you would even achieve such a thing? However you are dumb if you believe in unproven and undemonstrable things, plain and simple. I'm not even saying that they are stupid, i probably hold a lot of those unjustified beliefs and i am stupid because of that, the thing is that i dont run away from criticism with my ears closed.
    It is not so much the religion per sa, it had more to do with the people that are twisting and pushing a narrative that are the real problem. It is easy to pull scripture out of the bible and also be a very big hypocrite at the same time. There are many church going people that preach one thing, but live that vary opposite life they are coming out against. I was raise Catholic (not getting in to religious debate on whom had the better religion here), as such I still believe in the faith, but I have serious question about how the laws and doctrine effect others and how they chose to force those on people that don't believe in their teachings.

I stopped going to actual church when I was 21, I am a sinner in both the eyes of the lord and the church, because I fallen from the faith. My dad first and foremost taught me not to judge others, unless I chose to be judge by them. I also was taught this in Sunday school as well, yet many in the church do exactly that. I never stopped believing, I just don't believe in many humans that try to press a narrative of tolerance and are not tolerant themselves of others. Yes, it is a moral conflict I have within myself. But I live by the laws of God and country that I helped to defend, they are not prefect by any stretch of the imagination, but I have live by them all my life and they done me well so far.

I don't try to put my moral and values on another, they have to live by the ones they set out with on their own, but if you try to push yours on me, then be prepared to receive in kind.
    Last edited by Apexis; 2014-06-16 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baileethemain View Post
    I believe that when a person dies. The person, disappears.
    http://www.multivax.com/last_question.html

Think this over for a bit... if these two are true...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holonomic_brain_theory
    +
    https://www.google.com/#q=hologram+universe+theopry

Any portion of a hologram contains the whole of the information of the entire hologram. Its quite possible our reality exists everywhere, our
    personal reality. When we die, the universe does not cease to exist, hense we also do not cease to exist. Complex and deep confusing stuff.
    Also very scientific... less fantasy and mythology reasoning. Its worth reading some of the book on existence from a scientific viewpoint.

It might surprise you. The highest IQ people on the planet still believe in some sort of existence after our bodies die.
    Even Einstein believed in something. Sometimes just reading and searching for another truth beyond the one your mind has accepted
    can lead you to entirely new ways of thinking that you have never even considered. And learning is a good way of taking your mind
    off the possibility of nothingness.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

I think every smart human being comes to the realization of what you are writing.

Thing is every smart person stops thinking it as soon as he realizes that he is talking about when and what and if... You are living right now. Stop trying to think your life ahead or your death ahead. Dreams are fine but live NOW. Live the moments and try to make yourself as happy as it can get.
    Also looking forward to creating your own family, that's your legacy, that's what comes after you.

Another thing, you don't know what happens after you pass away... it might be a blank spot or it might be something else. No'one knows.

Just enjoy life while it lasts, it ain't wow you can't resurrect... yet!

Ah and try to find something in life that makes you happy as well, it seems like you got no girlfriend or anything that could bring some hope in your life, that's why you are making all those thoughts of why and what.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since this has turned into one big religious discussion, it is time for this thread to be closed.