Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I raid 25m HC with a more "current" system than yours *aside from GFX card, 560Ti* and my FPS is similar to yours. Playing Ultra in a 25m raid will never, under any circumstances, give you 60FPS solidly during combat. As has been stated, there is no combination of hardware available to a consumer right now that can achieve this.

If you want decent performance, drop Shadows down to "Fair" and disable SSAO / Sunshafts entirely. Set View Distance to "Good". This will net you 35-45FPS during combat. Keep spell effects at ultra to avoid fire / void zone stuff, but everything else should be at "Fair" to "Good".

Again, there is no way to attain 60FPS with High settings, or Ultra, with ANY hardware currently available in a 25m environment. There are literally hundreds of threads here on MMO saying this.
    | i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Z97 Pro Gamer | 32Gigs Kingston FuryX 1866 RAM | Kingston Predator M.2 240Gig SSD | 4x Intel 320 Series SATA II RAID 0 | Samsung 850 Pro OS X Drive | WD Red 1TB Media Drive | NVidia GTX 960 | Noctua NH-D15 | Dell S2340 IPS | Fractal Design Define R4 |

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Wow, what i would give to be able to run ultra in 25 man raids and get 40 fps...the things...i would do.....!

Knock it down to high but make sure important effects are ultra.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop wasting your time (re-installing Windows for an FPS drop really?) your FPS are perfectly fine and it's more than the majority of the people have on 25man.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    I am just going to assume you guys didn't read my OP. My specs are more than enough to run 60+ fps in 25man raids.

- - - Updated - - -

I turned off all addons and the result is the same :/

Oh, trust us when we say we read it. You're just not the first person to expect that type of game play on a decade old engine that is incredibly CPU intensive. Any of your buddies that say they get that type of performance are lying.

2500k OC'd @ 4.8Ghz won't run most 25 man fights at 60+ fps. My rig can handle BF3/4 at almost 200 fps yet won't touch 60 fps most of the time during 25man raids. It's just a problem we all have to deal with for now. I can pretty much sit at around 150 fps in a 25man raid but the second combat starts it drops to around 40 give or take depending on the fight.

You're wasting too much time with worthless things to achieve an unreachable performance.

Let me also add that you are kind of coming off a bit naive and to be completely honest kind of a douche. Sure, you spent maybe a grand on a tower. You don't have the best build on these forums. Plenty of people have spent a few thousand and achieve the exact same performance because WoW is only going to run so well on the equipment available to the average consumer. Processors just don't put out the performance required for it. You shouldn't be so quick to tell people that, not only probably have higher end systems than you and also see this problem but also more knowledge, that they are wrong.

Sounds like the users on Reddit and Tom's Hardware gave the answers you needed, just not the answers you wanted to hear.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2014-06-16 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Stop wasting your time (re-installing Windows for an FPS drop really?) your FPS are perfectly fine and it's more than the majority of the people have on 25man.
    no, it is not perfectly fine. I said 40 and below during raids, it can sometimes dip to mid 10-20s.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    no, it is not perfectly fine. I said 40 and below during raids, it can sometimes dip to mid 10-20s.
    And that's expected on fights such as H Malkorok. If you want slightly better performance try overclocking to 4.5ghz or so. If it's seriously dropping so low it's unplayable you may be dealing with an overheating issue. Check your temps while the CPU is under load. If you don't like the fps you're getting, raid 10mans. You're literally not experiencing anything out of the ordinary.

Deleted
    Kezzik, there are posters in this thread that have given you the answer, all you have done is ignore them.

Its been posted a few times now, there isnt a commercial CPU that can run 25 man raids at constant 60 fps, this is a done thread.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Kezzik, there are posters in this thread that have given you the answer, all you have done is ignore them.

Its been posted a few times now, there isnt a commercial CPU that can run 25 man raids at constant 60 fps, this is a done thread.
    Pretty much this. If you aren't willing to listen to the truth, go waste someone else's time.

Unless you can manage to get a sick OC on your CPU, you won't get much better performance. Unlike FPS games, WoW like many MMO's and RTS games runs into a CPU bottleneck quite fast. You see this especially in 25 man Heroic raids where you have 25 people on screen with a lot of projectiles flying.

The reason why modern hardware can't run properly such MMO's in areas with high player count engaged in combat is due to lack of any proper multythreading in current PC graphics API. Basically it means only one core is used for feeding data to your GPU.

There are two ways to fix this. One is to lower the amount of things on screen, something they are going to introduce in WoD. The second option is to get support for a graphics API with lower overhead and proper multithreading, like Mantle (AMD only) or DirectX 12 (coming late 2015).

Deleted
    Everything you posted in the OP fits pretty much with what you should be expecting with your hardware.

I'll just link my first reply again with some suggestions/options

Yes you said 40 FPS or lower but honestly your latest reply seem to just be convenient, if you're running 10 FPS there is obviously something wrong and you would have posted this in the first place as it's a major concern. A steady 60-70 LFR and then dips to 10-20 in heroic it off, unless your 60-70 actually means something else in reality.

Besides what's already been said, see if you can overclock your CPU further, I assume you have an aftermarket heatsink?

Also try running a raid with a few important settings lowered, like shadows, Sun etc. and disable anything showing FPS and just how you like it. It's possible you're getting too focused on this constant 60FPS (which isn't possible really) and absolutely everything maxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Everything you posted in the OP fits pretty much with what you should be expecting with your hardware.

I'll just link my first reply again with some suggestions/options

Yes you said 40 FPS or lower but honestly your latest reply seem to just be convenient, if you're running 10 FPS there is obviously something wrong and you would have posted this in the first place as it's a major concern. A steady 60-70 LFR and then dips to 10-20 in heroic it off, unless your 60-70 actually means something else in reality.

Besides what's already been said, see if you can overclock your CPU further, I assume you have an aftermarket heatsink?

Also try running a raid with a few important settings lowered, like shadows, Sun etc. and disable anything showing FPS and just how you like it. It's possible you're getting too focused on this constant 60FPS (which isn't possible really) and absolutely everything maxed.
    I have attempted boss fights with lowest settings and I still can not get over 40 fps. To the people who think I should just "get over it" please leave thread you're not much of use

It's not really possible to get 60+ fps in a 25 man raid during a boss fight consistantly.

I have attempted boss fights with lowest settings and I still can not get over 40 fps. To the people who think I should just "get over it" please leave thread you're not much of use
    Lowering the load on your graphics card isn't going to increase your FPS when your CPU is holding you back.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's not a graphics bottleneck. It's CPU. And you really can't help it other than to just overclock further. Stop crying and stop trying to turn down every person here who is giving you the correct information. Most of these people have much more experience than you. It's pretty annoying.

You're not much of use if you are continuing to ignore every correct response you received. I'm sorry that this is the third forum you've came to with the problem just to get the exact same response. Should've probably not believed some idiot friend of yours who claimed to be able to get that much consistent fps.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    It's not really possible to get 60+ fps in a 25 man raid during a boss fight consistantly.
    Except you're wrong. My friend who had similar set up with worse graphics card gets solid 50-60 fps throughout our heroic progression on his stream

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Except you're wrong. My friend who had similar set up with worse graphics card gets solid 50-60 fps throughout our heroic progression on his stream
    Feel free to show proof and spec's while also showing his resolution and complete graphic settings. 50+ at all times is about the best you're going to do and it's going to take a serious overclock. And that's probably giving it too much credit. I'd be more inclined to say 40+.

Fullscreen vs Fullscreen Windowed also probably makes a slight difference.

I have posted on tom's hardware and reddit, and no one can seem to help me on either site. maybe I can try to find some luck here.

What could be causing this? This is what my fps usually is looking like on ultra...

What gives? Why is everywhere in the game running mostly pretty damn good, but not 25 man raids..
    Firstly you are running on Ultra

Secondly you are in a 25 man raid in which when everyone blows CDs and starts AoEing you have a LOT of particle effects being rendered. I mean a LOT. So many that in fact players have complained to Blizzard to tone down spell effects, until then players need to manually tone them down because there is just SO MUCH SHIT on screen when you play on High-Ultra.

I can understand if this may be hard to understand, after all WoW isn't a gpu intensive game, but when you have an overabundance of stuff happening on screen it doesn't matter if the game has fantastic graphics or not, things will become choppy.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably wasn't running on Ultra, probably had better cpu specs
    WoW is more a cpu intensive game.

A great video card will only do so much for you. It's kinda like stacking hit rating...after you hit the cap it's not going make the game any better for you.

edit:
    I'll just mention that I see in your OP that you want 60 fps in 25 man raiding. I'm under the impression that perfect gameplay for you is 60 fps, and I'm telling you now that it's not. If you can get between 30-60 FPS during high intensity sequences that is really good.
    Last edited by NickCageFanatic; 2014-06-16 at 06:16 PM.
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Feel free to show proof and spec's while also showing his resolution and complete graphic settings. 50+ at all times is about the best you're going to do and it's going to take a serious overclock. And that's probably giving it too much credit. I'd be more inclined to say 40+.

Fullscreen vs Fullscreen Windowed also probably makes a slight difference.
    First of all I don't have to prove anything to you LMAO who do you think you are? I

Second of all first you say 40 fps and under is normal and expected now it's 50+ is best which is it? You clearly don't know what you're talking about, the thread was made because I was going under 40 fps if you can't give a solution stop trolling and leave thread

To other poster he is running ultra

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    First of all I don't have to prove anything to you LMAO who do you think you are?
    If you are going to call someone else out for the truth, you damn well need to provide proof.

Second of all first you say 40 fps and under is normal and expected now it's 50+ is best which is it? You clearly don't know what you're talking about, the thread was made because I was going under 40 fps if you can't give a solution stop trolling and leave thread
    I said 40 and below is what you should expect. Yes. You're processor is clocked at 4ghz. That's a pretty weak overclock. A lucky soul with 5.2Ghz could POSSIBLY run it at a consist 40-50+ fps. Hence why I don't bother giving guaranteed numbers because I don't have one clocked at 5.2Ghz or proof to show it being possible. Its just an estimated guess considering at 4.8Ghz I run typically around 40 fps and dropping down to 30 on some fights.

So please. Get angry some more just because you want to call everyone out here for being wrong. Go back to Reddit if you don't like our advice. I already told you to check your temps if you honestly believe the FPS is dropping to an unplayable amount. To be honest you don't even deserve that much advice.
    The nerve of the people asking for help sometimes...

You're the only one hear that seems to have no experience. Who are you to tell us that we are wrong? If you want to waste your time reinstalling Windows and other useless things it's your choice. Go try it.

You are wrong because you change your opinion throughout thread, please stop posting unless you're going to give advice in a friendly manner thanks