Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Alright then, show is save for the Illidari a case of a Demon Hunter being trained and recruited.
    Illidan is not the only DH that has the ability to train others into the path of becoming a DH. Other DHs could do it just as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You are wrong. Chen Stormstout was just a drunk pandaren in WC3. You obviously never played WC3's bonus campaigns if you claim that. He was just a drunk pandaren. So much so he just wanted to collect herbs to make more beer in that scenario.
    That's funny, because my Monk is also a Drunk Pandaren......

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    Obviously comparing the abilities the WC3 units have to WoW players is pedantic. Brewmasters, Deathknights, Paladins, etc use the WC3 abilities as a base or inspiration but they're just a vague starting point.

There's nothing to say that the Demon Hunter's Metamorphisis would behave differently than a Warlocks. And some classes have natural over lap. Light healing spells between priests and paladins, Destruction and Fire mages. Frost DKs and Ice mages. A class's theme counts for a lot.

Considering there's not even a possibility for another 3 to 4 years it seems pointless to argue about though.
    There would be no problem with both of them using shadow/fire (the typically demonic) magic, but having a spell that would do pretty much the exact same thing is definitely an issue. The only real difference I would see is that Warlock Demons would be firing off spells while DH Demons would be whacking things with glaives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan is not the only DH that has the ability to train others into the path of becoming a DH. Other DHs could do it just as well.
    Really? Name another one.

Are you this deluded? It's called Evasion for fuck sake, both skills are. And they had the same Icon during Vanilla Beta.
    It's not delusion. It's logic. Rogues and thieves are, by definition, in any RPG, table-top or digital or what-have-you, naturally nimble and quick characters. They always, no matter the game, have some kind of ability that increases their avoidance in some way. It's not like Blizzard thought: "Hey, we have this unused ability here, 'evasion', what do we do with it?'

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That's funny, because my Monk is also a Drunk Pandaren......
    So is my shaman. Your point?

Deleted
    Why haven't they? What makes Demon Hunter talents so easy? This isn't like Mages becoming Warlocks due to looking for more power. Or mighty warriors being raised into Deathknights. Or Monks teaching a fighting style.

What you are saying is it's perfectly easy to gouge out a persons eyes, corrupt them with JUST ENOUGH Fel taint, and then to have them control it and master it through an ancient and difficult martial art enough that you can change into a demon AND Back again without any supreme training?

And you're saying a few solitary isolasionalist Night Elves banished from their own society could do this?

- - - Updated - - -

It's not delusion. It's logic. Rogues and thieves are, by definition, in any RPG, table-top or digital or what-have-you, naturally nimble and quick characters. They always, no matter the game, have some kind of ability that increases their avoidance in some way. It's not like Blizzard thought: "Hey, we have this unused ability here, 'evasion', what do we do with it?'
    It's delusion because the skill is directly named the rogue skill evasion because it harkens BACK to the Demon Hunter.

The same reason why Deathcoil is called so and uses the same icon.

The same reason why Holy light is called so and uses the same icon.

IOt's called they're throwback abilties, and Evasion used to have the same icon.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually it is. DHs are tied to the story of Illidan. Which is why TBC was filled with Demon Hunters. Blizzard didn't introduce a DH class in TBC, and purposely gave Warlocks and Rogues DH abilities and attributes. It's pretty clear that no DH class is ever coming to WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Hunters can already do that.
    coz they gave some abilities split between lock.rogue and was none DH class in BC means there wont be any?!?! i repeat...its very silly arguments of urs...we had draenei and belves firts...secondly...burning legion again ffs is coming so...not late at all...

Really? Name another one.
    Altruis. /10chars

10+ Year Old Account

Check out the ability lists of these Demon Hunters;

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=21164#abilities

Netharel;
    Debilitating Strike
    Evasion
    Mana Burn
    Metamorphosis

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=21178#abilities

Varedis:

Curse of Flames
    Evasion
    Mana Burn

But yeah, let's keep ignoring facts....

So is my shaman. Your point?
    Really? What class ability does your Shaman use to get drunk? My Monk has the abilities Keg Smash, Elusive Brew, and Dizzying Haze while in the Brewmaster spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Altruis. /10chars
    Where's some DHs that he's trained?

Deleted

Netharel;
    Debilitating Strike
    Evasion
    Mana Burn
    Metamorphosis

Varedis:

Curse of Flames
    Evasion
    Mana Burn
    Looking at these abilties you can pretty much say

Warlock
    Rogue
    Mana burn that priests used to have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    coz they gave some abilities split between lock.rogue and was none DH class in BC means there wont be any?!?! i repeat...its very silly arguments of urs...we had draenei and belves firts...secondly...burning legion again ffs is coming so...not late at all...
    Well they also gave Warlocks the Glyph of Demon Hunting.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright. How? How would a Demon Hunter's ability to turn into a humanoid winged shadow Demon be different to a Warlock's ability to turn into a humanoid winged shadow demon?

- - - Updated - - -

Are you this deluded? It's called Evasion for fuck sake, both skills are. And they had the same Icon during Vanilla Beta.
    HE JUST SAID THAT ITS CALLED EVASION..open your eyes and how the hell matter if it had same icon in beta?!?!?! 11 years ago!!! before starting WoD they didnt even knew what they want to do with warlords...maybe resurecting them or going back in time...stop with this silly arguments...just say that u dont like demonhunters and thats it...
    Last edited by bison91; 2014-06-17 at 08:18 PM.

Deleted
    No. They gave ALL the abilties split between loads of classes.

Your argument is that Demon hunters can be a class.... because you say so.

You have no argument.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    priests dont have mana burn now...and we just need to see what will be next...but saying that there should not be any of demon hunters later in game coz some classes have same abilities is redicilous...i am sure same speculations were with DK's but stil...it does not matter...

What you are saying is it's perfectly easy to gouge out a persons eyes, corrupt them with JUST ENOUGH Fel taint, and then to have them control it and master it through an ancient and difficult martial art enough that you can change into a demon AND Back again without any supreme training?
    You're wrong. What I am saying is that if I learned Chemistry in college, I can teach anyone what I learned, meaning I can bring them to be just as good as I am in chemistry, and it would be up to the students to grow beyond what I taught them. Which is essentially what we do. The trainers in the starting zones are basically our teachers, and we, as characters, then grow more powerful than our trainers.

And you're saying a few solitary isolasionalist Night Elves banished from their own society could do this?
    Yes.

It's delusion because the skill is directly named the rogue skill evasion because it harkens BACK to the Demon Hunter.
    The same reason why Deathcoil is called so and uses the same icon.
    The same reason why Holy light is called so and uses the same icon.
    It's called they're throwback abilties, and Evasion used to have the same icon.
    Except Evasion is not because just as you can link it back to the Demon Hunter, I can link it to any kind of Rogue-like class in any kind of RPG in the world, with links just as strong, or even stronger, than your links to DHs. There is no definitive link to DH that doesn't link to almost every other Rogue-like class in almost every RPG game in the world.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. They gave ALL the abilties split between loads of classes.

Your argument is that Demon hunters can be a class.... because you say so.

You have no argument.
    more then u do...and the lore is the core here...it does not matter how much skills they took from WC3 1 or 4 jeee...
    Last edited by bison91; 2014-06-17 at 08:19 PM.

Deleted
    HE JUST SAID THAT ITS CALLED EVASION..open your eyes and how the hell matter if it had same icon in beta?!?!?! 11 years ago!!! before starting WoD they didnt even knew what they want to do with warlords...maybe reurecting them or going back in time...stop with this silly arguments...just say that u dont like demonhunters and thats it...
    You're clearly either not a native English speaker or very young, I'll help you out here.

Evasion was a classical ability of the Demon Hunter Class. It portrayed they are agile and able to dodge blows. It was named, EVASION.

Now, when Blizzard came to designed WoW classes, they used abilties from the warcraft 3 heroes and units. Rogues get a spell called EVASION.

Coincently. Warlocks got Metamorphosis and Immolation and Priests got Mana Burn.

So pray tell, what is there to build the Demon Hunter class on?

Because may I add. Monks Brewmaster spec is based entirely on the Brewmaster hero unit and was the first designed spec for the class, if you couldn't tell.

Deathknights had tons of toys to work with, considering they had a whole breath of Undead units and heroes to use.

What does the Demon Hunter have? What would a WoW Demon Hunter do that's different to every other class?

Evasion
    Evasion
    But yeah, let's keep ignoring facts....
    What facts? I am still trying to figure out what point you're trying to made there. You neither debunk nor reinforce my point there.

priests dont have mana burn now...and we just need to see what will be next...but saying that there should not be any of demon hunters later in game coz some classes have same abilities is redicilous...i am sure same speculations were with DK's but stil...it does not matter...
    Wasn't Mana Burn removed because it was really lame in arenas or something? I doubt they did it just so they could bring in DH 3 expansions after they removed it...

Deleted
    You're wrong. What I am saying is that if I learned Chemistry in college, I can teach anyone what I learned, meaning I can bring them to be just as good as I am in chemistry, and it would be up to the students to grow beyond what I taught them. Which is essentially what we do. The trainers in the starting zones are basically our teachers, and we, as characters, then grow more powerful than our trainers.

Yes.

Except Evasion is not because just as you can link it back to the Demon Hunter, I can link it to any kind of Rogue-like class in any kind of RPG in the world, with links just as strong, or even stronger, than your links to DHs. There is no definitive link to DH that doesn't link to almost every other Rogue-like class in almost every RPG game in the world.
    Except if you learn Physics, you don't learn how to be a teacher, otherwise anyone could be a teacher couldn't they? Guess what DOESN'T help you learning how to be a teacher? an Isolationist lone wolf type!

As for the Evasion, it's just so LUCKY that Demon Hunter's have Evasion, and then ROGUES get Evasion. And then alot of the NPC Demon Hunters Use the ROGUES Evasion style as well?