Thread: Priest 2pc T16

Priest 2pc T16

So im gearing my priest for pvp and only have pve gear to work with for now. However im playing holy using the T16 2pc pve bonus and with only 2 pieces of pvp gear equipped, no weapon even, i can pump out an insane amount of single target heals.

I haven't seen anyone use it though in pvp. So im guessing its still not as good as the pvp gear itself?
    Last edited by pkm; 2014-06-16 at 04:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You will want to have full pvp gear for arena, the two set is disabled in arena IIRC.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP isn't about the best single target healing though. Seeing as how you can usually already top someone off with PoM Flash Light or just use chastise ability off CD, the 50% extra heal on Greater Heal barely matters when you already have the 50% increased healing from PoM.

Besides that, the CD reduction on chakra is huge for PvP since you have to actively get out of chakra stances in order to chastise constantly. Having a 5 sec chakra CD is a pretty big deal.

You're also losing out on quite a bit of PvP power which accounts for quite some healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, in full Prideful you have at least 60% PvP Power which accounts for a lot. There's also the 3% damage reduction you get from the Trinket set, and as stated before, the PvP set bonuses are quite useful. Use your PvE gear to get PvP gear but don't use it in rated play.

It's not 3% damage reduction, it's 3% more resilience ! 77% damage reduction vs 80% damage reduction. It means that in the first case you take 23% of the normal damage. And in the second case 20%. (20 / 23) * 100 ~= 87%. That means in the second situation you take only 87% damage compared to the first one. That's a 13% damage reduction.

That's why the PvP trinket set really matters.