Resto shaman 2P tier

Hello all,

I got the spirit/crit heroic head from General Nazgrim last night. I wanted to know is the extra crit on the helm worth breaking our 2P over? the head alone bumped me up 1.5% crit unbuffed, and the 2p doesn't really seem to add that much to my total healing. ( P.S. I play 25 man and and don't really need to tank heal rather than for Oshit moments)

Link to my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Aphie/advanced
    When the going gets tough.
    The tough start bubble hearthing!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...k/Afy/advanced of In progress- Kazzak!

As far as I have heard, both 2p and 4p are quite shit to resto shammys. So I would go with the helm from Nazgrim.

2p is not shitty.. it does usually 5% of your healing and if you use head + gloves you dont really loses stats because is Spirit+haste and you need haste for haste caps.

Deleted
    Even in ae heavy fights in 25 men the 2p should give you around 1.5-2% hps. Normal tier should win out over heroic items even with worse stats and the helmet has haste and is one of the two good t pieces.
    In 10 men and less ae heavy fights it will heal for 5-6% making it even better.
    The 4p however is pretty garbage.

Edit: in two protectors fights i found from you , you have 2,9% healing from the 2p so you would need a massive itemupgrade to be able to drop it without loss.
    Last edited by mmoc5a90de1254; 2014-06-16 at 09:40 AM.

Thanks for the replies, I already hit and am above the 9.1k haste cap without the tier head. Also wouldn't 1.5 % ( 2% with flask and food buff but I haven't found out how much with full raid buffs) out heal the 2-3% healing from tier? It would also increase my regen so I wouldn't have to waste so many gcd's with totemic recall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Afy View Post
    Thanks for the replies, I already hit and am above the 9.1k haste cap without the tier head. Also wouldn't 1.5 % ( 2% with flask and food buff but I haven't found out how much with full raid buffs) out heal the 2-3% healing from tier? It would also increase my regen so I wouldn't have to waste so many gcd's with totemic recall.
    flask and buff food has nothing to do with the stats on your helmet
    let's compare the two... you gain
    231 int, 1629 crit rating
    you lose 208 spirit, 788 haste
    it is a lot of crit rating you would get but you lose spirit and haste...even if one would say that those stats bring nothing to the table at best you get 231 int and 2.71% crit
    that means in the very best case scenario you get 3% output.
    For that to happen you have to completley ignore the haste and spirit on the t helm ( haste is a rather good stat output wise even outside of breakpoints just worse than crit and doesn't give mana) and overheal.
    The t set bonus doesn't usually overheal at all(0.3% overheal) In your logs there is an overheal of 40% for the rest of your spells meaning the 3% would be more around 1,8% additional output still ignoring the spirit and haste on the t helmet.
    so why would you give up 2-3% output for stats that are worse even if you completely ignore the stats you would get otherwise? The numbers are calculated with 4/4 upgrades which you currently don't have so the comparison gets much worse for the heroic helmet

Since you raid 25 man you can alway pick up the 15000-something haste cap as you have a large portion of healing rain heals.
    I would also recommend not using those 480 crit gems from jc...point for point int is still our best stat and if you would put two 320 int gems in two red sockets you will gain 480 Int and only lose 640 crit. I think that would yield higher output.
    Last edited by mmoc5a90de1254; 2014-06-16 at 04:04 PM.

Normally I wouldn't recommend to skip the 2-set since it's an absorb with low overheal and no mana cost -- it's great on tanks.

However, you are running with another resto shaman in the raid, therefore in periods in which a single tank takes damage, only one of you could use the shield effectively. You are also running with a disc priest and a holy pala, so the tanks probably have sufficient absorbs anyway, in which case it may make sense to use the higher ilvl item for more healing on the raid rather than the tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Koor View Post
    Normally I wouldn't recommend to skip the 2-set since it's an absorb with low overheal and no mana cost -- it's great on tanks.

However, you are running with another resto shaman in the raid, therefore in periods in which a single tank takes damage, only one of you could use the shield effectively. You are also running with a disc priest and a holy pala, so the tanks probably have sufficient absorbs anyway, in which case it may make sense to use the higher ilvl item for more healing on the raid rather than the tanks.
    This was my main concern, My usual raid setup is 1 holy pala, 2 disc priests and 2 shamans. But one of the priests ( both are disc) os on vacation and most of their healing comes from absorbs. In their own words :" The shamans are the only ones doing actual healing.) So absorbs atm isn't my top priority .

@Themi Thanks for the advice about the JC gems, It never really came to my attention. I don't suscribe to the mentality of higher Itemlevel = Always better. But I don't see myself getting the heroic tier head anytime soon. I can however get the tier chest of Sha of pride tier chest and replace my normal chest. The tier chest has mastery which isn't my cup of tea compared to haste. But I'll be gaining alot more intellect and crit with Heroic gloves ( Haste/spirit) + heroic chest ( Mastery/spirit) and Hc nazgrim head (crit/spirit), compared to normal tier head ( Haste/ Spirit), heroic gloves ( haste/gloves) and normal/heroic chest ( Crit/spirit) from malk.
    Last edited by Afy; 2014-06-16 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Grammar ( English isn't my first language)

Deleted
    Of course if you can get the two piece else where then go for it. I just automatically assumed that you only wanted a comparison for the helmets.
    Naturally helmet and gloves t set would be bis but i personally wear the t helmet+shoulders currently, as i have warforged gloves. While mastery is rather bad it also isn't the end of the world to have one or two pieces with mastery.
    Since i hate totemic recall with a passion i also run with a bit more spirit which would allow you to drop a bit mastery elsewere but i guess that's just personal opinion.

I wouldn't drop 2p, even when in 25man co-healing with two discs (least favorable situation to 2p). Your absorb kicks in when it's most needed, right after the tank took damage. This leaves him and the healers some breathing space while he still has weakened soul debuff.

There is a single exception to this rule, and it's malkorok. You can keep two off pieces just for this fight, because 2p is useless there.