Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    3 amd card for 5-6 years and never failed me, just change it when i've changed of pc, you just have a shitty card or you have usehd it too far, dont blame amd lol

Tried using amd before. Horrible horrible driver support and a huge hassle. Never again. The only way I've ever trashed an NVIDIA card is by overheating it and that is part my fault and part on the end of the company who made the card.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I've always gone with Nvidia, but faulty cards happen on both sides. My GTX 780 made my PC weep last year because it blew a capacitor, had to wait a month for a replacement.

you just had a bad card, it happens with technology. My pc is all AMD and I have a radeon 6870hd card for 4 years! I also had a bad HTC phone before and I didn't get mad, i just told them the problem and switch the phone for another one. If you get mad because technology fails, smh......

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    I had an AMD card once... once... long ago. Never again.

NVIDIA master race. Combined with an Intel processor.

So wrong. There is nothing wrong with AMD video cards and a Intel CPU, how da hell I know..because I have a rig with one, iMac has a Nvidia, my Intel 4820K rig for FPS has a R9-280X. I have had no issues with the AMD card at all!

OP got a bad card, RMA it move on.

You apparently don't like AMD...so sad for you, keep spending more on your video cards, makes you look real smart!

Nvidia has bad cards too.

All graphical cards have overheating problem.

Deleted
    Wasnt it NVIDIA who burned cards with bad drivers?
    Isnt it NVIDIA who instead of making quality products uses marketing to "look" better?(making deals with game producers to optimize for NVIDIA and not AMD)
    Isnt it NVIDIA who sells overpriced products?

-> NVIDIA is populist company ..

Both sometimes make faulty cards. That happens.
    But I dont think we should support a evil company like NVIDIA because of the above reasons.

Look at what happened with operating systems. Marketing won instead of quality .. and now we have this piece of sh*t called Windows 8 .. god.
    And the worst part is, there is no way back, bc. almost everything is developed for Windows. With GPUs there is still hope .. but people need to start using dem brainz.

Anyway, I have a HD7800 AMD card. No problems, and im not getting NVIDIA unless the situation is so bad that I am forced to do so.

Ruddy fanboys.

Both AMD and Nvidia are fine. They regularly leapfrog each other in the race, and for the last decade I've basically alternated between them every time I've upgraded - and not seen any difference between them.

Equally, you'll see bad cards from both sides from time to time. Remember, your cards probably aren't even manufactured by either company. They license the designs to other companies, which then do whatever refinements they want and then do the actual manufacturing. My current Nvidia cards are actually Zotac cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    I've been running 2x HD6970s for almost 3 years now with no problems. You just got a bad card, RMA it.
    Same here I have been rocking my 5850 black editions for 4 and still run fine. God forbid someone get a faulty unit that needs returned

Quote Originally Posted by Userlol View Post
    Isnt it NVIDIA who instead of making quality products uses marketing to "look" better?(making deals with game producers to optimize for NVIDIA and not AMD)

But I dont think we should support a evil company like NVIDIA because of the above reasons.

Look at what happened with operating systems. Marketing won instead of quality .. and now we have this piece of sh*t called Windows 8 .. god.
    And the worst part is, there is no way back, bc. almost everything is developed for Windows. With GPUs there is still hope .. but people need to start using dem brainz.

Anyway, I have a HD7800 AMD card. No problems, and im not getting NVIDIA unless the situation is so bad that I am forced to do so.
    Win 8.1 >>>> Win7

Ati has always had artifact issue way before becoming AMD, I recall getting the same problem with 9000 pro and other cards, NVIDIA cost more because its a letter quality product but they ain't perfect, their GTX 500 series had some problems, 700 works great.

Question whatever you take for granted.

I've had more problems with nvidia than I ever did with my AMD.

Wow, this is still a thing?

I haven't built computers for years, but years ago I was a big fan of ATI cards because they tended to be faster, although they had worse driver support and ran hotter. And 3 in a row died on me within a 2 years with no overclocking involved in a freaking dragon case that had a ton of cooling.

Switched to nvidia awhile back, put an 8800gtx in there, and the system ran for years without any problems. I've since shelved it for a few gaming laptops, but the system still runs just fine.

Deleted
    I support our AMD troops for buying AMD stuff, they keep NVIDIA in check and not allow prices to rise to insane heights. Buying AMD helps keep NVIDIA prices lower so i can buy my cheaper NVIDIA card, thank you AMD fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Userlol View Post

If NVIDIA pays for optimization, that would still make them the better product. This is about someone getting a bad apple, not your personal vendetta against a company.

As much as I try not to bash any name, I will say Catalyst drivers are awful. Have been for YEARS. You did probably get a bad card. RMA it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think AMD are known for having "bad" video cards. Earlier there've been some issues with drivers. I was dancing in AMD driver hell myself on both laptop and HTPC, equipped with AMD GPUs.

But that seems more or less resolved, while Nvidia have had their own bad drivers. More than once they've released drivers so bad that they might even damage your card.

Deleted
    Had a 295GTX that was blackscreening and just demounted the cooler etc and threw that shitter in the Oven, worked like a charm afterwards for 3 years

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raintola View Post
    If NVIDIA pays for optimization, that would still make them the better product. This is about someone getting a bad apple, not your personal vendetta against a company.
    Actually he's right, NVIDIA have quite big share of misleading information and doing immoral business.

Deleted
    I've been using two AMD graphics cards for years now and I've never encountered a single problem. Anecdotal evidence works both ways. That's why you do buy AMD.

P.S., I don't really care about the make of my graphics card, as long as it works, I don't care :P