Deleted

Another ask for help on the all eating Dino Thok (10 HC)

Hi guys and girls,

you all know the numerous threads about the hungry dino. We reached him yesterday and to make it short: We failed and feeded him.

Our roster:
    Warriortank, Druidtank
    Disc, RShaman, HolyPala
    2xFrostmage, Shadow, FrostDK, Hunter

Our plan was to reach 24 Stacks. Tac was:
    6: Disc Barrier
    8: Shaman Healing Tide
    10; HoP on Disc for free casting
    12: Devotion
    15: Vamp of Shadow + Cry from Warrior
    19: 2nc HoP on RShaman with Ascend
    22: Pala selfbubble+CDs
    24: RShaman Connectiontotem to drop smooth to P2

All in all we reached 10 Stacks on one try and overall not more then 7 or 8.
    Log: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7XcZ3yfHgp9Frqjn

All in all we are no proraiders. I thought about doing it with 4 healers and 1 tank next time because i think we have enough DPS. We got him to 75% at the 10 Stacktry. If we manage to get to 20-22 he will be around 55% which should be enough when we can repeat 17-19 crys in the frostphase.
    Some suggestions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    Hi guys and girls,

you all know the numerous threads about the hungry dino. We reached him yesterday and to make it short: We failed and feeded him.

Our roster:
    Warriortank, Druidtank
    Disc, RShaman, HolyPala
    2xFrostmage, Shadow, FrostDK, Hunter

Our plan was to reach 24 Stacks. Tac was:
    6: Disc Barrier
    8: Shaman Healing Tide
    10; HoP on Disc for free casting
    12: Devotion
    15: Vamp of Shadow + Cry from Warrior
    19: 2nc HoP on RShaman with Ascend
    22: Pala selfbubble+CDs
    24: RShaman Connectiontotem to drop smooth to P2

All in all we reached 10 Stacks on one try and overall not more then 7 or 8.

All in all we are no proraiders. I thought about doing it with 4 healers and 1 tank next time because i think we have enough DPS. We got him to 75% at the 10 Stacktry. If we manage to get to 20-22 he will be around 55% which should be enough when we can repeat 17-19 crys in the frostphase.
    Some suggestions?
    A couple of quick points:
    1. Devo aura doesn't do anything except stop you being interrupted, as the damage is physical is isn't reduced, and so you shouldn't overlap this with the HoPs
    2. Disc Barrier isn't big enough to cover everyone, so you're better off saving it until the end, when you stack up to push the phase. If you're standing so all of you can be inside it, you're going to break him before you want to, because of the range.

Actually, looking at your combat replay, it doesn't look like you're splitting into three distinct groups (though it's a bit hard to see, so I might be wrong). The screech damage on HC is so much that if you don't spread out enough, no amount of healing will save you from breaking him earlier than intended. See the replay from our last kill to compare (warcraftlogs.com/reports/HYBRGJMyT6Xbd7V4#view=replay&fight=4). You can stack up 7-8 stacks before you intend to break him, save barrier/SLT for that part.

Getting him to 75% at 10 stacks isn't the same as being able to remove another 20% in 10 cries more. Remember that he initially does his cries slowly - 10 sec first, 8 sec second, 6 sec third, 4 sec fourth, and finally 2 sec for the fifth and then stays at this speed. Which means that getting the first 5 cries = same amount of time as 11 cries. Basicly, you have far more time in the first 10 than second 10 (and will do far more dps due to trinkets, procs etc).

As for CD's, your setup is quite similiar but not the exact same as ours. What we do in our alt raid and I'd recommend you trying:

5 Stacks - resto shaman healing tide.
    8 Stacks - Warrior cds.
    10 Stacks - devo aura.
    13 stacks - BoP the druid tank and HOTW-tranq.
    18 stacks - HoP the resto shaman with Ancestral guidance up. Stack up and push it at around 20-24, dependant on how well your healers do (ours usually pushes it to 28-29 now on farm due to divine star and shit, but ye).

Second gate (bats) you'll be doing:
    3-4 stacks (when bat spawns): Barrier.
    5 Stacks (during bats): Spriest VE.
    7 Stacks: Second BoP on shaman, AG.
    10: Stack up inside a spirit link totem and wait for push.

Your paladin can feel free to spread his personal bubble/Self cds out where ever it might be needed. Repeat first cds for ice phase (except skip the HOTW tranq).
    Make sure your hunter keeps up Widow Venom on thok when he's about to transistion into a new phase, it reduces the amount he heals.
    Of note, our setup usually has a warrior more than you (using his cds during the bats), so it's not really a "major" difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    Some suggestions?
    So first of all, you have a lot of ranged DPS and that means you can do a significant amount of damage to the boss during the kiting phase, as well. Don't focus on pushing stacks more than you actually need to. If you get the boss around 65% or maybe even 70% during the first phase, you can kill him.

I can't tell from your post, but it sounds like you're stacking the whole raid (and I've seen that advised here before). Don't. You can fit three separate groups into a shaman's healing rain. We have four of our ranged/heals standing about 12 yards behind the melee camp and our resto shaman stands off to the side (making an equilateral triangle with the other groups so that everyone is outside the range to cause the boss to transition). Your two priests should both be using Divine Star and they should be in the back camp. Be aware that if you split your 9th person out separate like we do, he won't get the healing from those stars and will need a little more personal attention.

As for your CD rotation:
    Assuming you take my advice and separate your groups, Draco is correct and you should use barrier near the end of the phase after calling for your raid to stack.

Use VE earlier as the interrupt spam will interfere with the priest's output and thus lower the healing done by VE (we use ours at 3-4).

HoP on Disc is not particularly helpful, in my opinion, as PoH is the weakest AoE throughput and Disc already has so many quick/instant cast spells (PW:S spam, PoM, Holy Fire, Divine Star and Pennance, Smite and Flash Heal can all be fit between screeches). I can get four PoH casts off starting around the 4th screech by properly timing the casts and making use of borrowed time and inner focus (which prevents the interrupt for the disc priest - make sure your priest knows this and uses it). We saved our second HoP to allow our destro warlock to destroy the bats in phase 2. If you don't want to use the HoP in this manner, it should be on the resto druid for tranquility.

We used our paladin's hammer early, too, so that it would be back up in time for the bats.

We also have an assigned point for using personal CDs (barkskin, divine protection, astral shift, glyphed fade, mages greater invisibility and IBF will add up to a significant damage reduction, and if you don't need the externals for your tanks PS and ironbark can be used therem as well).

What works for one group isn't necessarily the right choice for your group. If you're not getting past 10 stacks (and your healers aren't failing the interrupt check) then you should start shifting stronger cooldowns earlier into your cooldown rotation.

Once you figure out the number of stacks you want to aim for, I recommend using the shaman's spirit link totem to ease the transition and prevent anyone from dying as the boss goes to the kite phase. I had to tell my other healers to stop healing anyone who didn't already have the debuff at that point (and I throw shields on those people) while we let the boss transition.
    Last edited by Adhemar; 2014-06-16 at 08:21 PM.

Deleted
    You seem to have similar Raid-cds as our group. Maybe this will help you
    1-10 Nothing, Bloodlust is a great CD, Disc priest should use spirit shell somewhere here 2*on each group. start casting before a screech with inner focus and finish before the next.
    P1-1:
    10 Demo Banner
    13 Healing Tide
    15 Devotion Aura
    chain with HoP on Resto Shaman (ascendance) after
    Use Barrier and stack up when group gets unstable - communicate with the shaman

P1-2:
    Stack up, 1 Camp
    Use Rallying Cry during the Bats
    Use Spirit Link to trigger the Boss.
    Priest should use Mass Dispel whenever possible

P1-3:
    No Bloodlust
    5: Demo Banner
    8: Devotion Aura
    Hop Resto Shaman and Ascendance
    when group gets unstable (probably ~15) stack up and use
    Barrier

It's extremely important to have Healing Rain down at all times. Paladin should use his CDs and Bubble at ~5. Light's Hammer provides Healing when you need it, i'd use it instead of Holy Prism. Your Paladin is using Eternal Flame and Light of Dawn which is not good. When specced into Eternal Flame you should not use Light of Dawn (see pally forums). Tell your priest to fix Archangel uptime, Holy Fire/Solace on cd, Penance on cd (esc to interrupt if necessary) and 1 or 2 smite should be enough to gain 5 stacks. Use Archangel, cast Divine Star trough both groups, Holy Fire/Solace, Penance, PW:S, PoM and Divine Star again.
    The Shaman should use Ascendance as described above.

I'd also recommend to 1 Tank the Fight if you want to increase your damage on the boss and shorten the fight.
    Open the cage at 6-8 stacks in P2. Using people with sprint/nitro boost on later fixates helps a lot.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/YpM8dtbzy9nGFDvJ#fight=45&type=healing
    Our last kill. Pretty smooth, even though i (priest) totally failed at doing things right. As you can see, the Shaman is your carry on this boss.

hopefully this will help you, despite my bad english

Cheers