Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalfrisk View Post
    Other than what people are pointing up about about 2-3 times a month Vs ALL DAY LONG YOU STONER HIPPIES...

Did that study actually try and say that inhaling smoke isn't bad for you? I'm sorry, but.... INHALING SMOKE IS BAD FOR YOU
    Life is full of bad things. That cheeseburger? Bad for you. Painting your toenails? That too.

TDLR: Get over it
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    you are still inhaling smoke which contains carbon monoxide which is harmful to the lungs in excessive amounts, of course occasional use won't fuck up your lungs
    Actually carbon monoxide messes up your red blood cells, not your lungs.

Not that that in any way makes this a better article.

Bit of a misleading title; there certainly is a link between Marijuana smoking and Lung Damage just not when you use it very casually.

A little smoke every other weekend can be beneficial, smoking once every few days is neutral, any more than that can be harmful.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is like saying people don't get hurt driving around lamborghini's if your going slow enough.

Duh, it doesn't matter what care you drive, if you drive slow the damage will be less when you do get into an accident.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I love scientific studies but how is inhaling smoke of any kind not harmful?
    If you only smoke 2-3 times a month, your body's natural defenses can counter the damage without any problems. This is true if you smoked 2-3 regular cigarettes a month as well, I think.

On topic: Who cares about 2-3 times amonth? Give us studies on REALISTIC amounts, please.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

I love scientific studies but how is inhaling smoke of any kind not harmful?
    If you love scientific studies you should try reading them;

While tobacco smokers showed the expected drop in lung function over time, the new research found that marijuana smoke had unexpected and apparently positive effects. Low to moderate users actually showed increased lung capacity compared to nonsmokers on two tests, known as FEV1 and FVC. FEV1 is the amount of air someone breathes out in the first second after taking the deepest possible breath; FVC is the total volume of air exhaled after the deepest inhalation.

“FEV1 and FVC both actually increased with moderate and occasional use of marijuana,” says Dr. Mark Pletcher, associate professor of epidemiology and biostatistics at the University of California, San Francisco and the lead author of the study.
    So why might marijuana users have greater lung capacity than nonsmokers? Consider Bill Clinton’s famous non-denial denial of his marijuana use, “I didn’t inhale” and Barack Obama’s retort that he “inhaled frequently; that was the point.” Unlike cigarette smokers, cannabis users usually draw deeply on the joint or pipe— and hold each puff in, typically for as long as physically possible.

“In some ways, marijuana smoking is really a lot like doing a pulmonary function test,” Pletcher says. This “practice” or “exercise” might expand lung capacity and account for the unusual results.
    That was a bit of a surprise, says Pletcher, since “There are clearly adverse effects from tobacco use and marijuana smoke has a lot of the same constituents as tobacco smoke does so we thought it might have some of the same harmful effects. It’s a weird effect to see and we couldn’t make it go away,” he adds, explaining that the researchers used statistical models to look for errors or other factors that could explain the apparent benefit and did not find them.[/quote]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    http://healthland.time.com/2012/01/1...ampaign=buffer

Cant wait to see all the MMO Champ armchair doctors argue with "the largest and longest study ever to consider the issue, which was published today in the Journal of the American Medical Association."

Best line in article "Whatever the cause, it seems that those who argue that marijuana is harmful because of its smoke are going to have to find a different line of attack."

/popcorn.
    NEWS AT 10.. Smoking 2-3 times a month has no demonstrable affect on lung capacity.. What a waste of time. Why not look at the actual psychological affects over a 20 year study. That would have some basis at least

“well conducted” and is “essentially confirmatory of the findings from several previous studies that have examined the association between marijuana smoking and lung function,”
    All they did was spend 20 years of money to confirm something we already knew..

Im just waiting for the "legalise pot maaaaaaaaaan" crowd to appear.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP is so misinformed it's funny, Like so many people, OP came here with a study, didn't even read it properly, and as such doesn't understand it, Gratz OP, GG on the reading xD

There is such a huge difference between it not being linked at all, and using it in such tiny doses that I highly doubt the vast majority of weed smokers stick to such low amounts, If you can't see that then I feel genuinely sorry for you

I, though, like many, think it should be legalized in the UK^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    NEWS AT 10.. Smoking 2-3 times a month has no demonstrable affect on lung capacity.. What a waste of time. Why not look at the actual psychological affects over a 20 year study. That would have some basis at least

All they did was spend 20 years of money to confirm something we already knew..

It's already going that way old man.

Get used to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Life is full of bad things. That cheeseburger? Bad for you. Painting your toenails? That too.

TDLR: Get over it
    well to be fair.. the latter is a personal choice.. the first is normally forced on you by someone else.. just sayin...

10+ Year Old Account
    well to be fair.. the latter is a personal choice.. the first is normally forced on you by someone else.. just sayin...
    Cheeseburgers are forced on you?

10+ Year Old Account
    I love that crowd, they're their own worst enemy. It's like feminists, the ones getting the most changes aren't the ones protesting but the ones who get on with their lives and act like respectable human beings and get themselves into a position to change things rather than just crying about it. I think we're getting to the point where most would say legalise it, but stoner science is hilarious I wouldn't want to live without it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Why? It's so much more fun seeing the "Aaaahm juuustt waaaiiitttiiiinnnggg ffoooorrr thheeee....." crowd hoping for some slash-popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    If you love scientific studies you should try reading them;
    I did. I don't agree.

Deleted
    Its that time of the month again, inhaling smoke is harmful in some way, a substance that is foreign and not needed to your body is going to be harmful, but so is tobacco, alcohol, loud music, etc... and those arent illegal as far as I know ( not in the majority of places ), so people that want it legalized need to stop trying to convince others that it is harmless ( granted it is less harmful than some of the legal substances out there ), and simply say that they want it legalized because its not worse than other vices that are legal atm.

There is no need to convince anyone that it is less or more harmful, Decriminalizing drugs for personal use would be an awesome first step, just look at Portugal, the consumption of hard drugs ( Cocaine, Heroine, Methamphetamine ) is non existent when compared to pretty much every other country out there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryTee View Post
    It's already going that way old man.

Get used to it.
    Doesn't bother me as its Illegal to smoke anything in a public place in the UK.. ergo you cant force your shitty ass smoke down my throat (be that from any source) and i don't have to sell it.. and before you comment.. when your asthmatic, you notice the difference between "clean" air and fag smoke filled air pretty quick

How are cheeseburgers forced on you?

- - - Updated - - -

I did. I don't agree.
    Ok, come back with your 20 year study. Kthxbye
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't bother me as its Illegal to smoke anything in a public place in the UK.. ergo you cant force your shitty ass smoke down my throat (be that from any source) and i don't have to sell it.. and before you comment.. when your asthmatic, you notice the difference between "clean" air and fag smoke filled air pretty quick
    I smoke weed walking to work through the street at rush hour and I have never been stopped.

Guess the police don't give a fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    OP is so misinformed it's funny, Like so many people, OP came here with a study, didn't even read it properly, and as such doesn't understand it, Gratz OP, GG on the reading xD

There is such a huge difference between it not being linked at all, and using it in such tiny doses that I highly doubt the vast majority of weed smokers stick to such low amounts, If you can't see that then I feel genuinely sorry for you

I, though, like many, think it should be legalized in the UK^^
    /facepalm . . . . maybe you should try reading the article, and the title of the thread. Do you have any data proving that "the vast majority of weed smokers dont stick to such low amounts"? Maybe you should stick to the "Armchair Doctor" thread. Or the "I pull data out of my ass to look smart" thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    How are cheeseburgers forced on you?
    lol my bad.. miss read your quote post.. but im sure you knew im on about other peoples smoke :P And how do you know im not force fed cheeseburgers?